PDA

View Full Version : Hair, Earrings

Jillian310
11-19-2006, 12:21 PM
I have been growing my hair until it is now at that length where I have to flip it out from under collars. BTW girls, there is no feeling quite like that, very fem. I can also put it in a high pony tail. I also have both ears pierced.

I recently was invloved in masc personna in a social situation with a group that I haven't met with for longer than a decade and in which I had a major very public role. When they last saw me, I had a very short almost buzz haircut and a rather full beard. Now my face is clean shaven.

For those of you that are contemplating these kinds of changes, you may be interested to know that no one batted an eye after they recognized me - - BY MY VOICE! I was wearing 'maculine' dangly earrings at the time. (I define 'masculine' earrings as those that have sports logos dangling from short chains.)

It was an extremely pleasant affair. Several people, both fem and masc, fussed over the earrings, since they also support that team. Also, many remarked favorably that they liked the long hair look on me.

I took the long hair route because I want to avoid using wigs, although I must confess I am contemplating having a quality wig made for me in a different hair color, not radical, but just without lots of gray.

It is really convient now when preparing to go out ~ it is a nice shampoo, comb out after shaving, and a bit of hair spray to hold it in place, to be combed out later. I also part my hair in the center for a fem look, and on the right side when going masc. When I get is 'shaped' before Xmas, I want to try to work some kind of bangs into the mix, that i can also comb both fem and masc. I use an upscale hair cutter, and have confidence she can do this.

So if there are concerns that growing hair out may be revealing that one is a CD, that certainly is not my experience! Just act natural, and it should not be a big deal. Now for you bald girls, ..................................................

Scotty
11-19-2006, 12:43 PM
Excellent post :)

I tried to grow my hair out in the past 3 or 4 years several times, and whether it was guilt, or not looking how it looked - I always cut it when the temps started going up.....Not this time!!

But this past time I found a young spunky gal and whispered that I would like my hair trimmed only as I was growing it out, and askesd her to make it very femme.

Long hair also seems to be making a comeback.

I also recall in the 90's when I did grow it out several guys saying " What's with the hair, you're starting to look like a girl".

They meant that in a teasing and not so friendly way.....but now I can look back at it and think "Cool!".

KateW
11-19-2006, 01:51 PM
I am also making another (!) attempt to grow my hair at the moment. The back of it is down to the bottom of my neck but the sides are just halfway covering my ears. Lets see how long I can stick it out this time... :-)

Shannon CD
11-19-2006, 02:00 PM
I really wish I knew I was a crossdresser when my hair was down to the middle of my back. Unfortunately, if I were to grow it now I would have a rather large thin area all over the top of my head. Not attractive on me, male or female.

Calliope
11-19-2006, 02:28 PM
I have found one of the great pleasures of long hair is dyeing it from time to time. I've been doing that since 1979.

Jenna1561
11-19-2006, 02:33 PM
I'm growing my hair out also, but it is SOOO Thin. I like the idea of going without a wig, but with my hair so thin, I like the look of a thick wig much better.

Jenna

Jeri Rene
11-19-2006, 02:39 PM
I wish I could grow my hair long unfortunately it isn't my work that is keeping me from doing it, its genetics. My hair doesn't grow long it grows out....think poofy. Recently had the opportunity to go through old family pics from my high school/college days when I was letting my hair grow......OMG!!!! Why didn't anyone tell me how ridiculous I looked!!! There was even one from childhood. I asked my mother why she let me go around looking like that ...she just laughed at me and said I wouldn't let her cut it.
So for me its short hair with a wig when I get fully dressed up.

Sandra
11-19-2006, 04:42 PM
I also part my hair in the center for a fem look, and on the right side when going masc.

According to my hairdresser a centre parting is "not in" for either male or female.

Wendy me
11-19-2006, 05:24 PM
i can't remember the last time i got a hair cut... for a long time i have been growing mine now almost half way down my back.....

Jillian310
11-19-2006, 05:26 PM
I have no idea what is 'in' as far as parting hair is concerned. My hair style just looks more fem parted in the middle, since I am able to cover my forehead equally on both sides. As a matter of curiosity, how do you part your hair? And why?

KateW
11-19-2006, 05:36 PM
If something isn't in fashion, it cannot go out of fashion. "Fashionable" haircuts are usually the ones people look back on in 10 years time and laugh at.

Scotty
11-19-2006, 05:43 PM
Mine looks like something from the 80's if I part it in the middle, but if I put some gel in and comb it back it looks very femme.

But if I part it on the extreme side and gel it in place, while it's shorter, it has a very femme look .

I don't always go with what's "In", I had Rod Stewart hair long after he was "out" (vs "In")......:D

Sierra Evon
11-19-2006, 06:14 PM
Been letting mine grow now for about 2 years it now just reach's the middle of my back it grows soooo slowww, sorta thin too, but atleast I can put it toghether ponytail up , hoping to have it to my waistlenghth some year
thats my dream , wish I had started it many years ago, but oh-well , better late than never , will post pics on of these days for you all......good luck to everyone ps. I do feel very femine too, so for me thats what counts........

trannie T
11-19-2006, 09:01 PM
I've been letting mine grow for quite a while, my ponytail is about eight inches long now. I'd love to be able to have a fem style but there is not much on top. Comb overs look like cr*p on men, I can't imagine what one would look like on a woman.

susiegrl19
11-19-2006, 09:11 PM
Being very military minded for a lot of years I have had a hard time letting my hair grow long. Right now I am on my # 2 thousand attemp. Wish me luck Girls!

Michelle I
11-19-2006, 10:44 PM
I have my hair growing out into an ear length Bob, my stylist said that with my shaped face a center part did not go as well as a side part. My hair is now long enought to pull back and secure with a barrett :happy: . Now if I could only convince my stylist to color my hair the color that I want, I would be very happy. She is afraid that it will look really femme if she does it the way that I want it.
Melissa

PS . My avart picture is from my last visit to the salon.

MJ
11-19-2006, 10:55 PM
well my hair is long. i can grab my ponytail twist it and put it in my mouth bad habit but it is somewhat thin.. i have been talking with my stylist that works on my wigs and we will be doing something with my hair well try but if it don't work then back too a number 2 buzz cut . my wigs ain't too bad and it keeps my head worm he he .. hugs Marissa

TeriAnn
11-19-2006, 11:04 PM
Hair grows 1/2 inch per month. So it does take a whilw to get it very long. My hair is down to the middle of my back took 3 years to get it there. Itwas almost that long when I cut it. Think where it would be now.

Cristi
11-19-2006, 11:18 PM
I have been growing my hair until it is now at that length where I have to flip it out from under collars. BTW girls, there is no feeling quite like that, very fem.

Wait until you have to pull it out from under the bra straps when you put a bra on, or even later when strands of it get between the bra BAND and your back. My hair is about halfway down my back, so I have to deal with both of these things... but in truth they don't bother me one bit. :happy:

My wife and I both have a 'thing' about lose hairs getting trapped between our bra bands and back... The way they tickle the middle of your back can be really anoying until you are able to get rid of it. Several times I've helped her find one and get rid of it before it has driven her batty, and she's returned the favor many times.

There are other anoyances with hair this long. Just yesterday I rolled up the window in my car after driving with it down for a while and actually had to roll it back down again to free my hair, which had been blowing out the window and got pinched when I rolled it up! It also takes most of the day to dry now if I put it right into a ponytail after taking a shower. I'll let it down when I get home from work and the inner layers are still damp.

Sandra
11-20-2006, 04:28 AM
I have no idea what is 'in' as far as parting hair is concerned. My hair style just looks more fem parted in the middle, since I am able to cover my forehead equally on both sides. As a matter of curiosity, how do you part your hair? And why?

I part mine on the left because I like it that way hope this answers your question.