PDA

View Full Version : A great night after all (long read, sorry)

Shannon CD
11-19-2006, 01:35 PM
Hey all, I wanted to share.

For the last week a GG friend of mine has been planning on coming over for the weekend. The original plan was that she would get here on Friday and stay until Sunday. We were going to hook up with another friend of ours (who happens to be a FtM CD) and go out to Hollywood. However, early in the week my friend got something in her eye that scratched her cornea and could not wear her contacts comfortably (she needs to wear them to drive and does not own a pair of glasses). We took this on a day to day basis, but ultimately she could not make it here because of this. I was disappointed, but decided last night that I would make yet another attempt at going it alone.

This turned out to be a great decision. I headed down to Hollywood at around 9:30 last night and arrived around 10:30. At first it looked as though I would have a repeat performance of my last drive down there...look for parking, drive around the block several times, overthink, get nervous, turn around and go home. However, after the obligitory few times around the block and ultimately giving up, I turned around to head back to the freeway. Looking over at the bar 1 last time I noticed that 2 spots had opened up. What luck!! So I flipped another U-turn and was able to grab one. Of course I sat in the car for 10 minutes waiting for the "right moment" when I felt nobody was looking and finally got out, heading towards the door.

OK, I know this is getting long, but please bear with me, I'll condense as much as possible.

The place I went to is the only lesbian bar that I know of (I'm sure there are more, but I don't know of them). Being a straight CD I feel safe in gay bars but prefer lesbian bars because I avoid having to politely turn down advances. I sat at the bar and ordered the usuall, a diet coke (I Know, but I never have cared for alcohol. Besides, I was the designated driver :heehee: ) I sat there for a while trying to get comfortable, but it was difficult. There was a man and woman to my right (not sure if they were on a date, but I felt a bit uneasy, none the less) I sipped my coke and tried to appear as though I was watching the TV monitor behind the bar, all the while planning my "escape". After about a half hour 3 women walked up to the bar on my left and asked if anyone was using the last stool. I said no and they grabbed it, one sitting and the other 2 standing. (This brought another question to mind. Should I have offered my stool to one of them while dressed in drag?)

One of them mentioned that alot of the stools were gone so I leaned over and told her they could have mine, as I was leaving shortly. Well let me tell you, that couldn't have been farther from the truth. They were SOOO friendly and introduced themselevs. We talked for the next 2 hours about all sorts of stuff. By the end of the night they gave me some contact information and said the next time they go out that they might ask me to go along. I felt so accepted. All 3 were very attractive ladies and very intelligent. It was one of the highlights of my life (and I've had some good ones)

Hope you made it through this one. It just shows that you never know what will happen.

P.S. I did eventually offer my seat to one of the ladies for the last half hour or so. Just wondering if I was supposed to do it right away. Not sure of the etiquette in a situation like this.

TeriAnn
11-19-2006, 01:43 PM
Your story sounds like fun One question Did the ladies know you were a crossdresser? just curious

Shannon CD
11-19-2006, 01:51 PM
Your story sounds like fun One question Did the ladies know you were a crossdresser? just curious

I wish I could say they didn't know at first, but I think they did. If they didn't it did not take them long, as I make no attempt to use a femme voice. At one point one of them told me I was an attractive man. I told her she didn't even know what I looked like as a man and proceeded to show them my driver's liscense photo. They all looked at it in disbelief, so I looked around to see that no-one was watching and removed the wig. The lady to my right seemed shocked and told me that I was a very masculine man (the way she said it implied that I had been presenting myself as very feminine, so I took it as a compliment).

Glenda58
11-19-2006, 02:16 PM
Good going Shannon that first time is always the hardest it gets easier the more you go. Most of the people you will run into are friendly when you go to places that are transgrender friendly. Hope you go with the girls again sounds like it would be a good time. And maybe meet more like us.

Shannon CD
11-19-2006, 02:23 PM
Good going Shannon that first time is always the hardest it gets easier the more you go. Most of the people you will run into are friendly when you go to places that are transgrender friendly. Hope you go with the girls again sounds like it would be a good time. And maybe meet more like us.

You would think so anyway. The fact is that this was not my first time, nor my second, or even my tenth, for that matter. I usually feel more comfortable when my GG friends are with me. The few times I have gone somewhere alone I usually leave after a very brief time. This was the first time in a long time that I felt very comfortable out on my own. (When the Queen Mary drag club was still open I had a few nice nights out by myself, but that has been several years now)

racquel
11-19-2006, 04:11 PM
My :2c: is that no you should not offer your stool.

Holly
11-19-2006, 04:31 PM
Shannon, it sounds like you have a fun evening. I hope the ladies follow up and invite you to go out with them soon.

Billijo49504
11-19-2006, 08:19 PM
WOW!!! That was one heck of a night. Maybe you should have offered to share the stool.:devil: Just a thought....BJ