PDA

View Full Version : short skirts

DarLynn
11-20-2006, 10:28 AM
does anybody have a good plce to buy short skirts or short dresses. the shorter the better for me, they are my fqvorite. help me please.

Cyndie
11-20-2006, 10:45 AM
Hi,
Most any store that has "Jr" sizes will have short skirts and dresses. I don't know your dress size, if you can't wear Jr's then short things are hard to find. If I find something in Misses size that I really like I pay to have it hemed. I've done that with some Sq Dance dresses that fell below the knee. I like the full skirt, but want like them 3-5 in. above the knee.

TTFN
Cyndie

DarLynn
11-20-2006, 10:47 AM
my size is 14 to 16 range

Charolette time
11-20-2006, 11:47 AM
my size is 14 to 16 range

:2c: :2c: 14 to 16 lucky girl:D . I was able to find a few denim skirts at the local K-Mart, in plus dept, 22-24. they are just above the knees, I wear them a lot and the only problem is when sitting down you must be lady like, or else some things will show that you dont want,:heehee: try a few stores like Lane Bryant,( My favorite store)or Fashion bug plus they have them there also,good luck and keep shopping till you drop, get anice pair of panties and pantyhose to go along with the skirts, makes the legs look great, and oh how smooth when walking Love Charolette

Karren H
11-20-2006, 12:01 PM
I buy mine at Kohl's, Burlington, Value City......in the juniors dept.... on clearence.... I wear juniors size 9-11 and womens 10-12...... Which are very easy to find locally.....

Love Karren

cdjoanne
11-20-2006, 12:25 PM
this is my first time on this website, gotta say i love short skirts especially with a pair of high heeled FMB's. Been told i have great legs for short skirts

Eva Marie
11-20-2006, 12:30 PM
i don't know your circumstances, but, as a suggestion, sewing machines are easy to find, and in the long view, cheaper than hiring someone to do alterations. Plus, you learn a new trade. Just make sure the garment you're altering will tolerate the change in styling.

JoAnnDallas
11-20-2006, 12:36 PM
Becareful of Jr sizes. Wife and stopped in the Jr department, looking for a PINK T-shirt for me. Found one in my size (XL), but XL in Jr.'s is NOT a XL in Misses. BTW I wear a size 12-14 dress/skirt in Misses.

susiegrl19
11-20-2006, 03:34 PM
I wear a 10-11 in Jrs also. I found Sears,Khols and Debs have a nice selection of short skirts.

Michelle2008
11-20-2006, 05:45 PM
Dont forget Ebay!!!!! I buy alot of cute skirts on Ebay, both short and long. All colors and usually very cheap. Check it out.....

Take Care,
Michelle

Amy Hepker
11-20-2006, 05:54 PM
Ebay, Ebay, Ebay, We sell alot of skirts on Ebay and there are alot of them to be found. Don't be afraid to buy on Ebay, nobody cares if your from the Moon or Mars just as long as you are a buyer. We have sold a lot of skirts lately and a lot of short dresses. We do have a lot in all the sizes. Some new, alot used, but all in really good shape. We sell to guys all the time. Nobody will know if you are Male or Female, they just go by your Ebay name, and just to let those who don't know there is supposed to be only one Ebay name for the whole family that lives toether. That way nobody knows if you are Male or Female.

Deanna2
11-20-2006, 05:54 PM
I find that Kmart has a good range of JR skirts at very good prices. I can wear a size 12, but it must have an elastic waist.

Kristi1948
11-20-2006, 05:59 PM
I have also bought a lot of dresses and skirts on eBay from (leighs*garage*sale), he is a CD in Las Vegas. Great selection and prices

carolinewalker_2000
11-20-2006, 05:59 PM
In the UK T K Maxx are very good for stylish, end of line offers and they often have miniskirts in stock. In the US I have found similar stores but for some reason I don't understand, in your country they are called T J Maxx!!

Happy shopping.

Kimkandy
11-20-2006, 06:14 PM
I'm a UK 14-16 I like short leather and denim skirts. They have one I'm tempted to buy in a local store for £7. I don't know that I would :heehee: try it on... I'll try the christmas present for :gorgeous: girlfriend...

Kim

:dom: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Vash
11-21-2006, 02:09 AM
Try http://www.sequinqueen.com/home.php

They have some pretty short dresses but may a little too "showgirl"

AnnaMaria
11-21-2006, 05:53 AM
Danskinman

Actually the best place to find really short dresses and skirts is online at places like Fredrick’s of Hollywood and other lingerie sites of the same type. Here are just a few that I have found over the past couple of years.

http://www.cameolingerie.com/
http://www.angelbodywear.com/
http://www.2cutelingerie.com/
http://www.lingerievenus.com/
http://www.feelingusa.com/
http://www.fredericks.com/

Just remember that looking for clothes of this type is usually easier when you look in the right places. Think ****tish or hooker and you will usually find what you want. Please don’t take it personally I am not trying to be insulting or hurt anyone’s feelings. That is just how I see clothes of that type. Hope you find what you are looking for and have fun with it. Just remember that the look we portray in public has a lot to do with how well we are accepted by the masses.

Anna

Patti Jordon
11-23-2006, 12:28 PM
Try the Glamour Boutique they have a lether skirt in 15 and 17 inch length.When Iwear th 15 in it bearly!!!!!1 covers well you know. Since you and I love short skirts thy have a Jiggle Bra that has pockets for silicone boobs. I save the 15 inch for costume type partys and such. If is your intention to get noticed put a nice white or beige top on let it hang out over the skirt and people will notice. I think of it this way if you have great legs between the high heels short skirt and the bra they won"t mind the face trust me

Chrysy
11-23-2006, 04:40 PM
Goodwill has RACKS AND RACKS of short skirts from 3 to 18....I love shopping there as well as many of the other lesser known thrift stores. Best bang for a CD's buck. Very often you wil find any one of your famous named lables. From Vanderbilt to Liz Clairborne to Versace. Its a fun quest

Amy Hepker
11-23-2006, 06:33 PM
Try My Ebay site. ljhdf422 Just do the advanced search in the upper right hand corner of the Ebay page and punch in ljhdf422. We have all kinds of Dresses and Skirts and Tops. Check us out.

Sarah_new
11-24-2006, 03:47 AM
In the U.K. Matalan also has good buys.

mandydawson
11-24-2006, 04:50 AM
hi e bay is a great place to buy the girly things love and a hug mandy

DarLynn
11-24-2006, 07:39 AM
thanks one and all. i will try these places and let you know how i make out.

Rachael Turner
11-24-2006, 07:47 AM
My latest favorite is my DKNY pleated mini (man does Donna make them short!) Really cute but I wont be wearing it until spring time now. Even with tights its too cold.

Bought it at Macy's.

pantyhose lover
11-24-2006, 08:30 PM
I just found out maybe a month or two ago, but "wet seal" and "lvl X" carry some ridiculously short skirts. Every now and then they have sales (like now), and most stuff I have gotten is stuff on sale, $13 being the most I paid for a single item. Most skirts or dresses on the sale rack go from $7-$20, and I think they carried sizes up to large. Honestly, if I had more money, I probably would have gotten the entire rack haha.