PDA

View Full Version : Fear-free Lingerie Shopping

Karren H
11-20-2006, 03:50 PM
Well as the holidays near and the shopping mania begins.......It's one of the two times of year that crossdressers, especially those that don't go out and shop in public for themselves, can purchase lingerie without fear of having Sales Associates or fellow shopper label them as "One of Them"!! The other one being Valentines day!!

And though it's all in your head that anyone cares.......you too can justify to yourself that no one has a clue that your buying bras and panties and sexy corsets.......for yourself!! Well because your buying it for you wife, SO, elderly grand mother.........that long lost Aunt!!

Yes I too have taken this route in the past and what reminded me of it was a flyer I received in the mail today.....from Victoria Secret!! Handed to me by our secretary.....who was smiling at me when she gave it to me!! She knows I shop at VS... But it has a card for free panties and $10 off Angel Bras!! So guess where I'm going this week!!!!! FREE panties!! Yeah!!!

So get out there girls and buy yourself some pretty Christmas lingerie.......get some for your SO too!! Maybe matching sets.....though she doesn't have to know if she doesn't KNOW!! Hehe

Ohhh and according to the VS flyer thers a Victoria Secret Fashon Show on December 5th at 10pm eastern time!!! Don't forget to set your VCR or DVR machines!! Got to keep up with the latest in lingerie!!!

Love Karren

JoAnnDallas
11-20-2006, 04:01 PM
OH......OH.......OH.........Channel which Channel??? I'm a VS junkie myself.

Karren H
11-20-2006, 04:11 PM
OH......OH.......OH.........Channel which Channel??? I'm a VS junkie myself.

I figured you would be interested since you have an Angel Card, JoAnn!! On CBS, Tuesday......Dec 5th, 9 Dallas time!!

Love Karren

jarrett88
11-20-2006, 04:11 PM
I love Victorias Secret I'm definitly going there this holiday season.

Emily Ann Brown
11-20-2006, 04:13 PM
Karren dear, you have a twin sister that loves VS panties too (hint hint) !

Emily Ann

JoAnnDallas
11-20-2006, 04:15 PM
Karen........I trust that you too have a Angel Card??

JoAnnDallas
11-20-2006, 05:01 PM
You goto a Victoria Secrets store and pull out your Angel Card and watch the smile spread on the SA's face. It happens to me all the time, weither it is XMAS time or not. LOL

The last time was when I took my GrandNeice shopping. We stopped at VS and I bought her a couple of items. When I pulled my AC out, the SA looked at me, smiled, and said "OH, I love a man who carries a Angel Card". Made me smile.

Karren H
11-20-2006, 05:10 PM
Karen........I trust that you too have a Angel Card??

Actually.......NO!! Less chance of stiring things up at home that way!!

Love Karren

SatinSarah
11-20-2006, 05:52 PM
just come back from my first shopping trip of the season. Its so easy this time of year - the sales assistant even boxed it up as a present for my wife....NIce to open up the box for myslef when I got home. I also bought myself some lovelly boots. They were in M&S in the UK. Just pick them off the shelf and look confident and nobody really seems to care. Just act normal and it feels ok. I have got used to it over the years and it feels great knowing they are for me.

I bought my wife a matching pair of everything. She lets me wear lingerie together so great to have some sexy things to share. we even have the same size feet so I will offer her my boots from time to time. She let me try on her new shoes last week so its only fair

FOCD
11-20-2006, 05:56 PM
Yes , while it is true that VS does have some very nice merchandise, it does not do the larger gals any good. VS obviously does not think that larger "women" (also read crossdressers) may be interested in buying the merchandise they sell. If you are anything larger than an XL ( which many women and obviously an even larger portion of the transgendered community are) then you are SOL as they say. While I very much enjoy the style and the fashion that VS has to offer, it is virtually impossible to get anything that fits.

Amy Hepker
11-20-2006, 06:02 PM
I don't care where or when I shop in drab, I always just get what I want. I have done this many, many times in all kinds of stores, and nobody has ever said a thing to me. They have never asked if it was for me or someone else. I even went into a Walmart at night one time and the only thing I bought was a bra, in my size 42 B Simply Basic (which is Walmarts cheapest Bra). There was a guy at the only check out open. He looked at me a little funny, but said nothing. He knew it was for me, if not he would have to pull his head out of his ___. Don't worry about it just go for it and have fun!!!

Michelia
11-20-2006, 08:12 PM
I am not particularly shy about shopping in drab for myself, but I am having a really hard time finding someone to fit my first bra for me for my outing next weekend. The stores I went to where the girls were very amenable, did not have my size. I called Lane Bryant and was told the manager would call me. Nothing. Called Catherine's and the lady said no way. The private expensive shops have no plus sizes. I finally called a Bali/Hanes/Playtex in an outlet mall about an hour away and they said they had never been asked this but they are willing and they have my size. So before I drive this far away, can I realistically get pretty good results by trying Walmart or Kmart for my first bra acquisition? Or should I just suck it up and make the drive? I think my size will probably be either a 46 or 48.

I am so jealous of you, Karren, and all you other smaller ladies...VS!

Michelia

Karren H
11-20-2006, 10:22 PM
So before I drive this far away, can I realistically get pretty good results by trying Walmart or Kmart for my first bra acquisition? Or should I just suck it up and make the drive? I think my size will probably be either a 46 or 48.

Michelia

Don't know how large KM and WM go up to.....try looking at their web sites and see what they carry?? I buy alot of everyday lingerie at Walmart....close to home and easy to get to!! But I buy a 36, sometimes a 38.....

Love Karren

Tina Dixon
11-20-2006, 10:40 PM
OMG:eek: Should I go and by panties for my self? I have never bought panties for myself, may be this week end......
To be continued

Janailene
11-20-2006, 10:41 PM
I purchased two 42-C Playtex 18 Hour bras today at JC Penny. The SA told me that there was a 2 + 1 sale and didn't I want my third bra. "Yes" ! She asked me if I wanted it in white, black or beige. Then she said for me to wait as she went to get it. Wel while she was gone it dawned on me that the Vanity Fair panties had a similar (3 +1) sign. When she returned I asked if I was supposed to get an additional panty. "Yes"!! She again asked for what color and went to get it. At the end she said that I should watch for the sales and pay attention. She then gave me a mail in coupon. The two bar codes and reciept could get me another bra. I felt foolish not knowing about the sales. She said, "not to worry even women miss them. Enjoy your bras." In comparison to other SAs she was great.

Athena
11-20-2006, 10:43 PM
I figured you would be interested since you have an Angel Card, JoAnn!! On CBS, Tuesday......Dec 5th, 9 Dallas time!!

Love Karren

December 5th! That is Sinterklaas in Holland! (google it) I am gonna ask for some girly stuff in my shoe (Not in a stocking as with xmas here in the US).. Can I ask for a stocking in my shoe? Or shall I ask for a Shoe (4" red patent) in my stocking (for xmas)?

Athena.
(Still believing in Sinterklaas, and very confused)

Glenda58
11-20-2006, 11:05 PM
Went to VS last week got a free purse size bottle of perfume Dream Angels Desire. Got the panties and bra about 3 weeks ago. Just love that place.

Jestina
11-20-2006, 11:07 PM
I love VS, as well. I am an internet customer though.

Funny story about VS. I did buy a couple of "three pair specials"
Intending several pairs for my SO. I foolishly gave her first choice thinking I would take the ones she didnt like.

With a smirk on her face she said "You have got to be kidding, you already have every colour andevery shade you can get!
She scooped them up kissed me and said "Thanks I love them all!"
"You have more panties than most women anyway"

It is a good thing I love that woman, thankfully our bra size is different or who knows...

Jestina

janet p
11-20-2006, 11:09 PM
Got the same coupon in the mail today here in las wages, like was said they don't carry plus sizes.So I go to one of the "Marts" and buy my things I've only had one thing ever said to me and thats when I had two different size panties,"I said they were for two different people" and that was that.As for bra sizes just measure under your nipples and that will give you your size and then decide if you want to be A,B,C or EEEEEEEEEEEEE.:love:

Billijo49504
11-20-2006, 11:27 PM
Hi Michelia, If I was you, I'd just walk in to a Lane Bryant store, probably right after opening, so it wouldn't be too busy. When they aske if they could help you, say yes, I need to be measured and fitted for a bra. I went in and got measured on a Sunday afternoon, on their "friends and Family" sale days. If you demand service, and don't get it, they know you will go somewhere else. So they will help you. Some phone calls might be taken as a prank, but a walk in customer, deserves service. If you go in and are not treated as a customer, let me know and I will start a write in campain against that store....:2c: ...BJ

sissystephanie
11-21-2006, 01:40 AM
I am not particularly shy about shopping in drab for myself, but I am having a really hard time finding someone to fit my first bra for me for my outing next weekend. The stores I went to where the girls were very amenable, did not have my size. I called Lane Bryant and was told the manager would call me. Nothing. Called Catherine's and the lady said no way. The private expensive shops have no plus sizes. I finally called a Bali/Hanes/Playtex in an outlet mall about an hour away and they said they had never been asked this but they are willing and they have my size. So before I drive this far away, can I realistically get pretty good results by trying Walmart or Kmart for my first bra acquisition? Or should I just suck it up and make the drive? I think my size will probably be either a 46 or 48.

Michelia

Michelia,

How sure are you about the size? There is a lot of difference between a 46 and a 48! If you are going by the measurement guidelines found on the web, you must have a large chest. I have a 40 inch chest (wear size 40 regular in mens jacket), and I wear (according to the SA who measured me) a 40B Bra. She said adding 4 or 5 inches to your chest size is rediculous, since the bra is supposed to fit snugly to do its job. I had some 44's and they never felt right, My 40B's feel great, and I wear one almost everyday all day. They give me nice bustline too!:heehee: If I were you I would measure around your chest under the breasts with the tape just snug, not tight. Then measure again around, but on top of the breasts. Subtract the first measurement from the second and that will give you the cupsize. Less then 2" is an A, 2" to 3" is a B, and so forth. Buy a cheap one from thjose measurements before you try to get a fitted one. You will save yourself some money, which you can use to buy some other lingerie!!:love:

Sissy

More Girl than man

missattitude
11-21-2006, 09:02 AM
The best thing now in days that I have fell accustomed to doing, is going out picking out a dress or whatever. When the SA asks "Is this for your sister ect.." I simply reply" Well no, I am shopping for myself today". In which case they just smile and go on with their lives. They want your business, reguardless on what you are.\

Miss Thangz

Charolette time
11-21-2006, 10:06 AM

Michelia

I am a larger than life girl:heehee: and I have never had any trouble buying bras or panties or any other thing at Lane Bryant :devil: matter of fact it was my first Bra fitting there, The sales girls were so happy to fit me, they are very CD friendly, after all a sale is a sale, my shopping is almost always at LB now, and the girls are always happy to see me, and I do dress in my LB skirts and blouses, and oh the panties and bras, besides they do not want to be sued for discrimination, I have also had good luck at Catheriness, Fashion Bug plus, and Avenue Keep shopping and good luck Love:thumbsup: Charolette

BobbieCD1944
11-21-2006, 11:33 AM
Well as the holidays near and the shopping mania begins.......It's one of the two times of year that crossdressers, especially those that don't go out and shop in public for themselves, can purchase lingerie without fear of having Sales Associates or fellow shopper label them as "One of Them"!! The other one being Valentines day!!

There is always the "holiday costume party" excuse.

I generally 'have no fear' when I am shopping. 12 hour drive home from Calif yesterday. My last rest stop is at a mall in Eugene, Or. There is a Ross Dress for Less. I love their bargains. I bought a 42c beige, embroidered Lady Marlene bra... $2.99.

JoAnnDallas
11-21-2006, 12:05 PM
I wear a size 38B bra, size 7 panty, and a size 12/14 dress/skirt/blouse. So I fit VS just fine. Since I got my Angel Card, I get coupons in the mail from VS for various things. Some are for FREE panites, others are 30-50% off bras or clothing and accessories. I have found that the SA's at VS are very cool. I remember when I went in and asked for a Angel Card. The SA didn't blink an eye. Just took me over to the counter and asked me a bunch of questions. Entered it all into the computer and then gave me a temp card. Then she started telling me about all the sales that were going on and if I was interested in buying anything. I did asked her if many men got Angel Cards. She replied that more men than women have them, same for the catalog.

barbarajeanne
11-21-2006, 02:54 PM
I am a 42c and I shop frequently at Lane Bryant. The girls that work at the store are fabulous and treat me like one of the girls. I have had my bra size measured twice(once since weight loss and they are always helping me with the latest clothes to try on. I try to pick times when fewer customers are in the store but it doesn't really matter since they are always helpful. They are careful to point out what looks good and what doesn't. I usually go in wearing unisex clothes with panties and bra of course. I really like the tees and camis that they sell and the 3/4 sleeve v necks.

Jesse69
11-21-2006, 06:57 PM
Yeah, Xmas time is a great time to go shopping in drab. Now I don't have to dress in drag when I go to Nashville and Louisville this weekend.

Except you can't go shopping for a wig and they not know it's for you!

Nikki T
11-21-2006, 09:50 PM
Well Guess who went Shopping today Woohoo, well it has been quite a few months since i have spent anything on myself sooooo i decided i was going to get something sexy today, so i went to La Senza and bought myself a nice pink push-up bra with removable pads, and of course there panties are 3 for like $21 so i had to have 3 of course. Wow the panties are SOOO soft. Oh ya the bras are on 30% off sale. So i am sitting here feeling sexy as ever in my bra, panties, sheer black thigh highs, low pumps and my sheer nightie. :love:

CalvinKlein
11-22-2006, 01:31 AM
Went shopping on my way back from the Ohio State/Michigan game. Took advantage of the VS 3 for $30 getting an awesome purple/pink zebra print hiphugger (very sexy), an red zebra print thong (very sexy), and a black satin low rise thong (body by victoria)

Karren H
11-24-2006, 04:36 PM
Well Guess who went Shopping today Woohoo, well it has been quite a few months since i have spent anything on myself sooooo i decided i was going to get something sexy today, so i went to La Senza and bought myself a nice pink push-up bra with removable pads, and of course there panties are 3 for like $21 so i had to have 3 of course. Wow the panties are SOOO soft. Oh ya the bras are on 30% off sale. So i am sitting here feeling sexy as ever in my bra, panties, sheer black thigh highs, low pumps and my sheer nightie. :love:

Went shopping on my way back from the Ohio State/Michigan game. Took advantage of the VS 3 for $30 getting an awesome purple/pink zebra print hiphugger (very sexy), an red zebra print thong (very sexy), and a black satin low rise thong (body by victoria)

Thanks, You too have me all excited....about shopping at VS on Monday!!!

Love Karren

Jestina
11-25-2006, 09:35 PM
Thanks, You too have me all excited....about shopping at VS on Monday!!!

Love Karren

Uhhhhh Karen???

I am trying to be delicate here...but wow, your uh bustline?
Not bad! You got some sharable secrets?

Jealoustina.