PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Lake Erie Gala

Jodi
11-20-2006, 08:57 PM
Just got back from the Lake Erie Gala yesterday. I went on Tuesday, so had thru til Sunday. There were 95 girls there. With SO's in attendance there were about 120. A great time was had by all. The weather was fairly nice for the entire week. No deep snow like last year. I had dinner out at nice restaurants on two nights with my friend Laura. On Thursday, during the day, we had a tour of three wineries for tasting. We also did a progressive luncheon on that day. We stopped at one place for soup and salad, then after the next winerie, it was on to a restaurant for lunch. We then had dessert at the last winery.

On Thursday, we had our favorite comedy duo, Dualing Pianos entertain us at the hotel after our nice banquet meal.

On Friday, was another tour of sights in Erie which include a lunch at a nice upscale restaurant. On Friday evening, we went to a dinner therater in downtown Erie and joined in with the regular populace. The show was a Christmas pageant based on a 1955 tv special. It was very nice and the meal was spectacular. We were able to do some outreach with the regular guests there.

On Saturday, it was basically free time to do what one wanted to do during the day. I must add that there were two bus loads of Canadian shoppers in the hotel. They had been there last year, and because they had so much fun with us, they planned this year's trip to coincide with our gala. They joined us for fun on both Friday and Saturday night.

Saturday night's entertainment after another banquet dinner (it seems like all we did was eat), was the annual fashion show. We had two vendors come in with clothing. Girls volunteered to model the fashions. The items were then for sale to all. We finished the evening with our DJ in the lounge partying with the Canadians.

On Sunday morning for breakfast, most all of us were in drab. Our Canadian friends were having a ball trying to guess who was who when seen in guy mode.

The gala was a success, and plans are already under way for next year.

I will post pix in the pic section.

Jodi

Tammi
11-21-2006, 08:39 AM
Sounds like you had a good time . It's on my list of things to do someday .
Work has got in the way of so many plans over the years . Tammi

Karren H
11-21-2006, 08:51 AM
WOW!! What a great time.....and sooooo close.....less than 2 hours away but I was shopping with the family and changing snow tires!! Fun fun fun!! Hehe. But hope to make it up next year....or the year after.....they have any coal mines in Erie?? Lol

Love Karren

JoAnnDallas
11-21-2006, 10:18 AM
Sounds like you had a great time. I attended a similar type event here in Dallas. I think it is great when we can get together with others and just be ourselves. I know you made many new friends, like I did and enjoyed the whole experience.

Hugs

JoAnn

Joy Carter
11-21-2006, 06:25 PM
Jodi It sounds like you have a classy group of friends. Can anyone join in the fun for 07' ?

Jodi
11-21-2006, 06:46 PM
Jodi It sounds like you have a classy group of friends. Can anyone join in the fun for 07' ?

Joy, Anyone can go. There is only one requisite for joining in--Pay your money.

Jodi

SherriePall
11-21-2006, 07:15 PM
Jodi -- That is really a tribute to you Erie girls that the Canadians planned their trip south to be with your group. Tell me, was Sher on one of those two buses?