PDA

View Full Version : Acrylic Dreams (the Red kind).

Athena
11-20-2006, 09:23 PM
As I mentioned in my very first post to this forum, I am totally digging the nails. My absolute biggest dream would be to get (of course after the pedicure) a full set of nice long dark red acrylic nails. I once told my wife I really would like to do this.. She replied, “Only if your are gonna wear ‘m to work… way too expensive for just a couple of days”.. ehhh.. nope, don’t think so J.

Athena.
(Dreaming on…)

Holly
11-20-2006, 09:27 PM
Why not? I wear mine to work :D .

Athena
11-20-2006, 10:01 PM
Why not? I wear mine to work :D .

You're kidding,.. right? I would never, ever get away with that. Besides, I would not be able to-do my job (Keyboard)
I also think that my wife would not really appreciate it. She allows the panties, she ‘allows’ the pedicures (although, she thinks it is for the feet and the color is a side thing, while for me it is the other way around)

Athena.
(Still dreaming)

Holly
11-20-2006, 10:19 PM
Nope, not kidding. Although not always red... sometimes pink :bs: !

Athena
11-20-2006, 10:33 PM
Nope, not kidding. Although not always red... sometimes pink :bs: !

How do you get away with that? Home office?

MJ
11-20-2006, 10:38 PM
well you could Wait until you have some time off like the holidays and get them done.. and i wear mine to work anyway so give it a try ..hugs

Janailene
11-20-2006, 10:48 PM
I am lucky as my nails are like metal. My manacurist (every 3 weeks pedicure and manicure) says a woman would kill for my nails. I generally wear them about a quarter to a half inch long. I use a light pink polish which is great. Yesterday my wife said I had better go to the nail salon before Thanksgiving as they are longer than normal almost 3/4 of an inch. She made an appointment for me to make sure I had shorter nails when the others show up for the turkey.

JoAnnDallas
11-21-2006, 09:48 AM
All 10 of my nails are arcylic. I always had bad nails, split, peel, break, until I got arcylic. Wife doesn't like me letting get over 1/2" past my tips. I don't like them longer than that as I am a Software Engineer so use the keyboard a lot too. I usually keep clear nail polish on them all the time. I have had many women give me very good comments on my nails. I have had NO bad comments at all.

I say go for it.

Athena
11-21-2006, 11:44 AM
All 10 of my nails are arcylic. I always had bad nails, split, peel, break, until I got arcylic. Wife doesn't like me letting get over 1/2" past my tips. I don't like them longer than that as I am a Software Engineer so use the keyboard a lot too. I usually keep clear nail polish on them all the time. I have had many women give me very good comments on my nails. I have had NO bad comments at all.

I say go for it.

Software Engineer... heyhey.. that sounds very familiar!.:D . Unless you are one of those “Mushroom Engineers” (Sits in a dark office and pizza is thrown in once in awhile), I think you are very brave. I am already known as ‘off the wall’,.. coming in with nails would considered as ‘a not so wise career move’.

Athena.

Holly
11-21-2006, 11:56 AM
Nope, not kidding. Although not always red... sometimes pink :bs: !No... no home office. I work for a very large organiaztion (5000+ employees). My duties include interacting with staff and management at multiple locations. The girls in my office always check to see what I've done with my nails (designs, etc.) and think it's neat.

StephaniejaneSmith
11-21-2006, 03:53 PM
I would love to get my nails done sometime but as my job is a lorry tyre fitter and breakdown mechanic i dont think it would last long or be a good idea but if i did it would have to be french manicure squared off tips, there so sexy !

Stephanie

jennig
11-21-2006, 04:33 PM
hi I have had my nails long for about 3 years and nobody says anythig bad yes I do get commints ans questions and Ialways just say that the way I like them most of the time I have them french but sometimes red also theay are my hands and its my choice. as far as the wife thing gos I could not let anybody tell what I can and can not do but thats me
huggs jennig:2c: