PDA

View Full Version : Blew Budget

Glenda58
11-20-2006, 10:34 PM
Have been looking for a dress for the holidays. When I came last night I made a cup of tea in microwave and came in to turn on my P C . When I heard a noise in the other room. Upon entering the kitchen I saw smoke and sparks coming from MW. So today I spend $250 on a new one. That was my budget for a new dress.
Now I need help I have a long Liz Claiborne black dress with a slit half way up the left leg. It's more spring or summer than winter. Is there someway that I could dress it up and make it more winter friendly thats not going to cost a arm and a leg.

HELP

Billijo49504
11-20-2006, 11:31 PM
I'd say dark tights or high boots, might give you a bit of cold weather protection. Besides that, other than white after laborday, what's the problem...BJ

Glenda58
11-20-2006, 11:59 PM
I'd say dark tights or high boots, might give you a bit of cold weather protection. Besides that, other than white after laborday, what's the problem...BJ

The problem is the dress is a tank top dress and needs something on the top or shoulders for winter.

AmyCarter
11-21-2006, 12:08 AM
you need to find a nice matching short top for the dress. something that reflects or sparkles of the sort, dressy.

Scotty
11-21-2006, 12:14 AM
Use the oven for a while? :rolleyes:

(That's what I would probably do :) )

I wish I could help you, but I'm not as fashionable as some of these girls are (yet) ..

Billijo49504
11-21-2006, 12:16 AM
I think they call those things a shrug. I know LB has them. But I don't know if they have any that would go with the dress, but check it out....BJ

maribeth
11-21-2006, 01:31 AM
how about a short black or denim jacket

trannie T
11-21-2006, 01:43 AM
You chose a microwave over a new dress? C'mon gurl!

Calliope
11-21-2006, 02:37 AM
$250 for a dress? Crackle zap poof?

Consignment shop, maybe?

renee k
11-21-2006, 06:47 AM
Hi Glenda,
Try looking for a matching bollero top or a nice shaw. Just a thought.

Huggs, Renee

Kerry Owens
11-21-2006, 07:11 AM
Consignment/Salvation Army? or learn to sew and make your own. IF you can sew don't discount that possiblity. Making your own special gowns is what I (and many others did)when we were in Rennaissance Faires.

Karren H
11-21-2006, 08:58 AM
Take out a second mortgage on your house and go out and buy something really special!!! Got to set your Priorities!! Hehe

Love Karren

Charolette time
11-21-2006, 09:24 AM
Have been looking for a dress for the holidays. When I came last night I made a cup of tea in microwave and came in to turn on my P C . When I heard a noise in the other room. Upon entering the kitchen I saw smoke and sparks coming from MW. So today I spend $250 on a new one. That was my budget for a new dress.
Now I need help I have a long Liz Claiborne black dress with a slit half way up the left leg. It's more spring or summer than winter. Is there someway that I could dress it up and make it more winter friendly thats not going to cost a arm and a leg.

HELP

Personally I dont drink tea ,my drink is coffee hot and black,:devil: my grandma started me drinking it that way 60 yrs ago,, Try a nice blouse over the A cut , somebody mentioned Lane Bryant, (my favorite store)white would look nice with a small amount of sparkels, any way have fun with what ever you wear to your party, going there is the best part of the night, enjoy love Charolette

Jodi
11-21-2006, 07:06 PM

HELP

$250 for a microwave oven?? Was it gold plated? I just saw nice fullsized Panasonic ovens for less than $100.

Jodi

Glenda58
11-21-2006, 08:34 PM
Hi Glenda,
Try looking for a matching bollero top or a nice shaw. Just a thought.

Huggs, Renee

A shaw! That might work thanks Renee.

Glenda58
11-21-2006, 08:36 PM
Consignment/Salvation Army? or learn to sew and make your own. IF you can sew don't discount that possiblity. Making your own special gowns is what I (and many others did)when we were in Rennaissance Faires.

I try Salvation Army but a Consignment Shop I haven't try. Where's my phone book need the yellow pages.
Thanks Kerry:hugs:

Glenda58
11-21-2006, 08:40 PM
$250 for a microwave oven?? Was it gold plated? I just saw nice fullsized Panasonic ovens for less than $100.

Jodi

Over the stove Stainless yes $250 I don't go half way on anything.

Glenda58
11-21-2006, 08:44 PM
Take out a second mortgage on your house and go out and buy something really special!!! Got to set your Priorities!! Hehe

Love Karren

I did take a second mortgage.That's how I got rid of the EXGF. Set the Priorties there now I can shop and dress.