PDA

View Full Version : Pierced my ears, solo

Deedee_tv
11-22-2006, 01:48 AM
My wife teased me the other night by holding earrings up to my ears and asking our children how they liked them. I tried to get her to pierce my ears that night but she refused. I am still working on her. Meanwhile, I used some straight diamond studs that she had to pierce myself, tonite.

I held a bit of ice up to my ear lobe, cleaned everything good with alcohol and then just pushed the stud through my ear. There was barely any pain but the sound was as if I was popping a hole in my head. I rather liked it. I had a few beers before but repeated the process 3 more times, 2 in each ear.

I pulled them out so I would not be wearing them tomorrow but, I can tell you, I will have them in permanently in the next few weeks. It is no big deal and I actually liked the way they looked. My wife will like them once she sees them herself.

After that, I can add more to each side without too much fuss.

I am 40 and cannot believe I waited this long.

Deedee

Charleen
11-22-2006, 08:27 AM
Please go and get them pierced by by a pro like Piercing Pagoda or something similiar. The chance of infection is high unless they are done right. Had mine done in June, and love it! Love and xxxx, Lily

dancingdan485
12-04-2006, 06:35 PM
I have had my left ear pierce for 18 years. The past few months I have been having the desire to do the right ear. Im sure by the end of the month I will have both ears.

Tedi
12-04-2006, 07:37 PM
I pierced my own also, using a similar method to Deedee_tv. I used no ice and had no problems. Just marked the spot where I wanted them and pushed the posts through after cleaning the lobes and posts thoroughly with alcohol. No problem!

AZtattooedcd777
12-04-2006, 07:48 PM
I really wouldn't recommend piercing one's ears or going to those free piercing places in the mall. It is way too easily infected. Having been friends with so many piercers at piercing shops, they are usually the best way to go.

Calliope
12-04-2006, 08:20 PM
That's totally hardcore!

[faint.]

Karren H
12-04-2006, 09:28 PM
Ouch ouch ouch......

I flinch when I put on my clip-on's too hard.....

Karren

sara_also
12-04-2006, 09:42 PM
My wife is a nail tech. She has the piercing gun and a variety of gold studs and small stones in her kit. After Christmas she is going to pierce my ears because it will be several months before we will see any relatives again.
By that time I should be able to take them out for a while with no problems...

StacyCD
12-04-2006, 09:44 PM
I am sooo jealous! I'm hoping that my wife will allow me to have my ears pierced so I can wear other than clip ons!

KateW
12-04-2006, 09:45 PM
I had my first hole pierced at a salon, but did the other three myself (both of my ears are double pierced). It doesn't really hurt if you numb it before hand, but can be tricky getting the earring to break through the skin at the back of the ear. I would advice anyone contemplating to do it themselves to first ensure that whatever you use is clean and sterile.

jo_ann
12-04-2006, 10:21 PM
Eeee... Has the movie "grease" taught you nothing? The infection is not worth it, go to a reputable piercer.. It's not like it's expensive, last time I checked it was like $30 for both ears.

krisinpink
12-04-2006, 10:26 PM
My left has been pierced since college (20yrs ago using a starting stud) my SO pierced my right ear (gun used this time) at Halloween time. Its still healling, but I've put in a couple pairs of earrings just to see them, and to feel them, and to hear them!! Love having them pierced.

I have had not comments from the guys at work..in fact guys with both ears pierced is pretty common these days...not to hard to blend...if asked, I suggest you simply say that you think it's cool!

('course we know that we did it because it makes us feel sexy and pretty!)

AmberTG
12-04-2006, 11:02 PM
Yes, I had one ear pierced for many years, about 25 or so, I think, and the other one, I had done about 5 years ago. It sure is easier to wear hoops or dangles that way. I always have earings in, even in guy mode, I usually just wear small hoops then. Nobody thinks anything of it, but that's the way most people know me. You'll probably get some ribbing from people you know when you first do it cause it's different, just tell em that you wanted to join the 21st century or that you're secretly a pirate. They'll laugh and that'll be the end of it.

Lisa Golightly
12-05-2006, 03:19 AM
You're brave... I fainted when someone else did mine. I remember coming too on the floor of the piercing studio and this bloke with three fingers patting my hand saying 'Ye'll be a'reet me Darlin'.' (Well it was in old Portsmouth town ;)

It was all rather bizarre :)

ronnie06
12-05-2006, 03:30 AM
I have 3 earrings in each ear.......but then, I have had them for over 10 yrs,...about 16 yrs actually...
and I DO advise you get them done properly by a pro.

and them make 100% sure you soak them, medicate them, and keep them clean....

infection in ears is NASTY and WILL cause other bodily ailments!!!!!!!!!!

Charity's GG
12-05-2006, 06:17 AM
First of all...are you nucking futs??!!:tongueout ...OMG and a huge resounding OUCH!!
Second, take care of those newly pierced ears...medicate them 3 times a day...I think you have to keep the new earrings in for approximately 6 weeks or the hole will close up. Im with the others who say to go get it done professionally....please??:D Infections scare the heck out of me.

Iniquity Blonde GG
12-05-2006, 06:51 AM
good god !! :eek: i grabbed me ears as i read ur post lol !! plz be very very careful. its ok saying u did this and that, but all it takes is alittle bit of dirt or sumat to get in , and ul have major probs hun . maybe take some of advice from others , go see someone pro, ( just to make sure everything ok ) :thumbsup: STILL holding me ears ere pmsl :o

Trish
12-05-2006, 06:52 AM
When my wife pterced my ears, I would take the earrings out every morning, and put them in every evening. I never had any problems.

Scrunchie-Bunchie
12-05-2006, 10:20 AM
I had mine pierced by Claires - by the manageress. I swabbed them twice daily with the solution given. They kept getting infected and I had to take antibiotics. They're still not right and the holes have both closed up. There's still a little pus that I have to keep removing from one ear every few weeks and I keep putting antibiotic cream on it. Eventually it'll heal up. Then I might get them redone by a healthcare professional rather than a shop.