PDA

View Full Version : Shaving legs & Rashes

StayceeCD
11-22-2006, 02:56 AM
Hey girls, Anybody have problems getting rashes say 2 or 3 days after shaving your legs? I seem to get all kinda red and itchy behind my knees after 2 or 3 days. Then when I shave again, it's all gone. And yes, I DO moisturize. At least 2 times a day. Just curious :p

Scotty
11-22-2006, 08:38 AM
I used to years ago, just above my knee.

It just went away though, use a sharp blade :)

Try the ex-foliating thing? Oh that's heaven there....bit of scrubby stuff on a scrunchy ma kes the legs feel like silk after a good moisturizing....

shannonsilk
11-22-2006, 11:12 AM
yes--as scottie says. the oils and dirt trapped on your skin from the hair cause problems.. a good exfoliation works. or trim it short for a week or so to let the oils out before shaving.

Margot
11-22-2006, 11:25 AM
No problem here and I do an almost full body shave every other day.
Margot

liamgibbins
11-22-2006, 11:46 AM
My problem is ingrowing hairs (mostly) and rashes. I have tried everything from wax, hair removal cream to shaving and my legs get rashes, and ingrowing hairs, dont know what to try next.

:tongueout

mskilmer
11-22-2006, 04:51 PM
The more often you shave, the better it will be. I had the same problem at first. Just kept after it, and tried to use a sharp new blade as often as ptactical. It'll work out ... just keep it up and give it some time.

Audry
11-22-2006, 06:19 PM
I get a little rash up in the bikni line sometimes in fact I have a little as we speak :(

Robin Leigh
11-23-2006, 04:08 AM
Exfoliation is a good idea. And try using something antibacterial, even rubbing alcohol, after shaving.
Shaving regularly (& systematically) will also help to reduce shaving reactions.

Another thing to consider is Dry Body Shaving (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=535591#post535591), especially if you don't shave your body regularly. Try it, and your spots, rashes & itches will disappear, or at least be greatly reduced.

Robin

Modesty Blaise
11-23-2006, 05:51 AM
I get terrible amounts of spots from shaving and dep cream, now trying waxing but I just heard about Robin's dry shaving from a previous thread so I'm gonna give that ago!
Love
MB

TeriAnn
11-23-2006, 05:59 AM
I have been shaving now for many years don't really have a problem with rashes my problem is nicks I hate them and boy do they sting. Any ideas on nicks :eek: prevention

Robin Leigh
11-23-2006, 10:51 AM
I have been shaving now for many years don't really have a problem with rashes my problem is nicks I hate them and boy do they sting. Any ideas on nicks :eek: prevention

Dry shaving reduces nicks. Wet skin is much easier to cut than dry. The only nicks I get dry shaving are between my knuckles, due to the impossible angles required, but even those are very rare, and usually tiny.

Robin

27th Jennifer
11-23-2006, 05:25 PM
Once your legs get used to it, shower, and use baby oil first, then shaving cream. Don't press too hard, and don't do it too much at first. And lots of lotion.

Bernadina
11-23-2006, 07:04 PM
I use Pears soap from Britain, which is available in Canada (don't know about the US), for legs and body shaving. A long as I lather it well, I don't get any rashes or nicks.