PDA

View Full Version : Closet cleaning fun

Phyliss
11-22-2006, 04:01 AM
Been after the wife for the past few months about getting rid of old clothes that no longer fit or she just doesn't wear anymore.
Last night I finally got her to sit still long enough to clean out her side of our closet. By sit still i mean she sat on the bed while I went through everything and had her make "the choice" of stay or go.
The fun part was every so often I'd spot a nice looking set that I'd like to have as my own. O.K. I says to myself here goes another step. Holding up a skirt and top I casually say, "wonder if this will fit me?" as I begin to pull on the top, (too big for me, 28-30W) tried on the skirt and it fell right off me. She sorta snickered in a cute way that says "TOO bad no freebies for you". As I continued on after that little attempt I tried on some more articles and much to my dismay they were all too big for me. The only thing I found in all of it was a cute shell in light lilac and a nice, light blue cowl neck sweater, that, while a bit baggy, will work for me. pair it with some jeans or a black skirt and it has possibilities, for at least around the house.
What made it all the more fun is that she didn't give me any look of scorn or hatered. Offered some constructive comments about some of the items being too big for me or that the style didn't suit me.
After we were done, (she had four large plastic bags full, all going to the Salvation Army box) I commented, "All that work and all I get is one sweater and one shell, hardly seems worth the effort"
Her answer was a simple smile.
THIS, my wonderful friends, is the "Holy Grail" I've been looking for. To be able to have that sort of freedom to openly voice my desires and thoughts, without having to feel any sort of embarrassment or fear.

RachelDenise
11-22-2006, 05:50 AM
Phyliss, enjoy the bliss. I'm hoping for the same thing. A comment from my heart without fear of condemnation.

Brianna Lovely
11-22-2006, 06:04 AM
Although this may seem like a simple closet cleaning, I think it reallly was a very deep emotional time for both of you. I do hope your SO will show a little more acceptence in the future.

Phyliss
11-22-2006, 07:14 AM
..... I think it reallly was a very deep emotional time for both of you.

Not too sure about her feelings about this, but I sure was a bit scared to attempt trying on the first item in front of her, but after not getting a "freakout" reaction I felt much better and figured I'd "ride that pony" for as long as possible, without being too over the top.
made sure to hold her close when we went to bed, didn't say "thankyou for letting me try on your clothes" but I'm sure she felt the emotion in me.

Kristen Marie
11-22-2006, 08:02 AM
Phyllis, it must be great to be on that side. (My wife does not approve of my dressing and only tolerates underthings for fun in bed.) My daughter came home from college and was going through my wife's wardrobe yesterday. There, slotted for the consignment shop, were three of my favorite outfits that no longer fit my wife. Including "my" velvet skirt which I have worn way more times than she has!!! She has dropped some dramatic weight.

I can't even rescue my "friends", nor can I take them to the shop or buy them back from the shop as she know the owner too well.

Your happy day is my sad day. :sad:

Maureen Henley
11-22-2006, 08:08 AM
Phyllis,

I have the opposite size problem, although not as extreme as you. As my wife has lost weight, she had moved a lot of her wardrobe into the "No longer wear" category. I am welcome to help myself to anything she wants to discard.

I am also extremely fortunate that she accepts my crossdressing with only limited boundries. One is that I may not wear anything of hers without permission, primarily because my larger size can damage some of her clothes. She will also occasionally say that she wants her husband around for part of the weekend (my usual dressing time). That remark is like the beeping on the dog's collar when he gets too near the invisible fence, and like him, I learned early on to back away at that point.

Raychel
11-22-2006, 08:37 AM
Sounds like you had a great time Phyllis. My wife would probaly have just laughed at me. Not like it could ever happen here anyway. My wife wears a size 6 and I am a 16. So if I lost 70lbs then maybe.

Anyway glad you had a great time, Give that special woman an extra hug, Just because.
:hugs: :hugs: