PDA

View Full Version : No more Steffie for a while

steffie39
11-22-2006, 10:12 AM
Hi girls,

Today I'm off from work (starting my vacation) and in the afternoon will get a chance to dress as Steffie. I'm going to New Hope, Pa with a couple of friends. I'll post pics from that trip after I get back. However, after that, Steffie will go in moth balls (i.e. on ice) for a short time.

My vacation extends into all of next week. On the surface my original instinct was that this was great and I could be Steffie all next week too! However, my wife is also off next week. My "other instinct" kicked in and said that perhaps my wife would not be happy if I were Steffie during this time frame? I tested this theory by telling my wife that we can do a lot of stuff as husband/wife during our time off. I then said that some of my CD friends wanted to go out at various times next week but I declined. She didn't answer with anything like it's OK and you can go out as Steffie. This proved to me that my hunch was right. Sometimes compromise is needed though and I realize that. I know after today Steffie will be pulling and tugging at me during the rest of this week and all of next week but I've got to resist and keep the big picture in mind. Considering my wife is pretty much tolerant and accepting of Steffie going out, that is a small price to pay. If my wife had been working next week, she would not have minded, I think. In fact during the month of December, I am off 2 more weeks (Christmas) and she is working. She said during that time, I can sometimes be Steffie.

I have talked to a lot of GG's I have met during my short time that I have crossdressed and even the most accepting ones have admitted to me (after my prodding) that, although they give their husbands the freedom to dress whenever they want, they still wish they would be their male selves a little more often. I don't want my wife to ever feel that way. I have gone out the last few Saturdays (as my pictures from other posts prove lol) but a happy healthy marriage may necessitate taking periodic breaks from our femme selves. There is still the Steffie within me though and I will have to tell Steffie to wait until December vacation. lol Besides my male half needs some vacation time too. Lately my male half has been doing all the work and Steffie has been having all the fun. At least Steffie still has something to look forward to, though, and all sides win I think.

All you girls have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Steffie

Sheila
11-22-2006, 10:17 AM
Steffie,

have a great time

Jess

SherriePall
11-22-2006, 01:33 PM
Steffie -- Have a good vacation. And be good to your wife. She sounds like a keeper. My wife wouldn't let me go out one weekend, let alone the past several.

JeanneF
11-22-2006, 02:34 PM
Have a great vacation and enjoy New Hope! That's an awesome town. A cousin of mine had his wedding there at a killer 17th century Bed and Breakfast.

The best part of the trip was walking around the main shopping area, and trying to explain to my mom and grandma that it may not be the best idea to buy one of those cute shirts with the rainbows on them. ;)

Putting Steffie in mothballs to ensure marital bliss is probably a good idea. Sometimes giving a little bit makes it a lot easier for an SO to deal.

Cyndie
11-22-2006, 04:03 PM
You are being a smart gurl. Sometimes I think that we get caught up in what we think that we need and it is really just what we want. We don't remember that our SO' have needs and wants that may be very different than ours. If we expect them to live with our CDing, then we should expect ourselves to live without it from time to time for them. That is what loving and caring is all about. Have fun loving your wife during this vaction time together.

TTFN
Cyndie

SatinSarah
11-22-2006, 06:20 PM
sounds like you are right to keep your wife happy. We should sacrifice short term thrill for keeping within the boudaries they set for us. Those SOs who help us are worth their weight in gold.

Charleen
11-22-2006, 06:34 PM
Have a great time, and it looks like you have alot to be thankful for.
Love and xxxx, Lily

Glenda58
11-22-2006, 10:04 PM
That's why they marriage a partnership each partner gets something they want and both are happy. Glad you weren't just thinking of yourself. It should benefit both you in the long run. So go have fun and we'll hear from you in a couple weeks.