PDA

View Full Version : walking in high heels..

Shergirly
11-22-2006, 01:33 PM
Did walking in high heels take some time or did it just come natural.
For me it was pretty natural..Of course i have all ways been pretty
balanced..

Holly
11-22-2006, 01:41 PM
I took to walking in heels pretty fast... wonder what that means...+? :heehee:

SherriePall
11-22-2006, 01:44 PM
Trying to remember back that far. I don't think I had all those problems like you see in the movies when someone tries walking in them for the first time. I actually have more problems with them feeling like they're falling off (slides and strappies without ankle straps or closed heels).

melissaabom
11-22-2006, 01:47 PM
Actually it was very easy for me at age 7(yes) a long time ago .
I lov walking in high heels ..they feel so natural .
My only problem is that they tend to slip off (left foot) .
I try to keep them snug at all times ..but it sometimes don't happen !

Melissa ( girl with lotts of high heels ):2c:

Nikki Dee
11-22-2006, 01:49 PM
Yep...as if born to it.!!!..but Ballroom dancing for many years helped..I much prefer to wear heels.
Nikki. x

JoAnnDallas
11-22-2006, 01:49 PM
when I got my 3.5" slingbacks, I had my leg muscles cramp on me a couple of times, but after that no problems at all. It was just my leg muscles not used to the heels. Have not tried anything taller. One lady at HEF2006 the other weekend was wearing 7" spike heels and it was like she always has worn them. They do wonders for making your legs look great.

Tedi
11-22-2006, 01:54 PM
I took to heels fairly fast too, they just feel good!

Brenda_fish
11-22-2006, 02:08 PM
Although my first pair was too high, about 5 inches. Still can't wear them. But I can wear up to 4 1/2 inch heels with ease all day. My wife says I'm better in them than she is. I'm sure there is a psychological factor in that I want them to be comfortable, but I love it. I want to wear them all the time . . .

Love,
Brenda

Kimkandy
11-22-2006, 02:24 PM
Still a bit bit wobbly, but I'm gettin' better all the time... I have some 3 1/2" thigh high boots...

Kim

:dom: :kickbutt: :twirl:

Josie06
11-22-2006, 03:06 PM
Like Holly, for me it was fairly fast and easy. Starting at about three I didn't seem to have any problem. As I got older I wouldn't say it got easier ... more like just second nature. It is amazing how heels can place a feminine perspective in your mind and feminine sense in your body making the little swaying motion when you walk ... show easier.

rickwi25
11-22-2006, 03:23 PM
It did not come quick for me

StayceeCD
11-22-2006, 03:33 PM
Came to me very quickly. I've got some 5 and even 6 in heels, which are tourture devices but to me the most comfortable are 4 in. I've even got some lower but 4 in really gives me a fem feeling without being uncomfortable!

Alaceann
11-22-2006, 03:34 PM
I found that walking in heels fairly easy. I think you are right about it being a balance thing. I've always had pretty good balance and have always loved the feel of heels.:D

Sophia Rearen
11-22-2006, 03:35 PM
No problems here. Like a duck to water. For those who are heel challenged, I suggest Wedges. They are the training wheels of the shoe world.

MarinaTwelve200
11-22-2006, 03:38 PM
I say it depends upon the archetecture of the shoe--Got my first pair of 4 inchers(slides with a thin heel) a couple of years ago and I STILL cant walk in them---but the next pair(Also 4", but a slingback) I got a few weeks later seem almost natural and I have no trouble at all. The heel position(how far up or back) and diameter (pencil thin vs finger thin) seem to be the biggest factors.

Sierra Evon
11-22-2006, 03:50 PM
I tried it a few times , okay here I go :eek: , sorry I guess I'm not a high heel girl.....

Cyndie
11-22-2006, 03:50 PM
Like a fish to water. Put them on and loved the way it felt walking in them. Like others have, wonder why it was so easy.

TTFN
Cyndie

Cheree
11-22-2006, 03:55 PM
heels are awesome, wore them too long the first time though = leg cramps.........after the initial run, like I was in them forever!!!:2c:

Cristi
11-22-2006, 04:01 PM
I don't really wear anything all that high (3" pumps, and some boots that I think are about 4"). I don't remember them taking that long to get used to. The fun thing is that is feel strange to walk WITHOUT them after having them on for any significant amount of time. At one halloween party several years ago, I almost got 'outed' when a few of the GGs started making comments about how well I walked in the heels, "Like I'd been doing it for a long time".

I'm still trying to find good quality, comfortable heels in my size (12W). I'm sure they'll be much better than the $12 shoes I have from Payless now. I guess my biggest problem with heels is that I am already over 6' tall and I really shouldn't be wearing anything that makes me tower even more above the crowd!!

I had to laugh the other day when I caught sight of a GG clomping along in heels that she obviously didn't wear often. She looked 'wobbly' and her heel was hitting hard with every step long before her toes came down. I certainly do a better job than THAT! Once I have them on for even a few minutes, my gait just adjusts naturally and I don't have to think about them anymore.

Lisa Golightly
11-22-2006, 04:10 PM
Hmmmmmmm... it was 22 years ago! I think I was pretty steady, but I do remember many a sprained ankle... especially when half cut or wandering over blasted cobble stones. :rolleyes:

Kaitlyn Michele
11-22-2006, 05:14 PM
comes easily to me up to 3 inches..

after that forget it

3 1/2 inch boots...mmmmm

KarenSusan
11-22-2006, 05:38 PM
I wore my mother's heels when I first started Cding. Then took a 40 year break from CDing. After that I bought my own heels and found it is like riding a bicycle. Now I find them as comfortable as sneakers (up to 3", that is).

SatinSarah
11-22-2006, 06:03 PM
I will be honest and say it was a little unsteady at times (esp going up stairs) but over the year I have become very comfortable with all heels.

Sarah_new
11-22-2006, 06:21 PM
4" heels came susprisingly easy. 5" heels can hardly stand up never mind walk

MJ
11-22-2006, 06:35 PM
yes it comes easily to me up to 3 1/2 inches.. but i am tall so i don't want to go too high

Amy Hepker
11-22-2006, 06:37 PM
I like Holley, took to it like a fish to water. As a matter of fact my feet prefer a higher heel shoe or boot even when in drab. If I put a pair of tennis shoes on my feet hurt. I like my Cowboy boots when I am not working and in drab.

rachel_jean
11-22-2006, 06:55 PM
I don't recall them being much of a problem either, 25+ years ago...
They were my sisters sandles and pumps with only a 3" or so heel.

I have couple pair with 5" heels, one having a decent amount of padding, which are easy to walk in for a signaficant amount of time.

I also have a pair of boots with a 2" chunky heel, can bearly tell they even have a heel on them.

Nikki T
11-22-2006, 06:58 PM
Evening ladies, I like many started wearing my mothers heels when i was

young, it was pretty easy then, since then i have worn ex's shoes 2" to

3"+ and have not had any problems, finally bought my own pair since, only 2

1/4" but good to get used to walking in. They fit like a glove and it seems

to be aux naturel, I also Love they make your hips sway, God that feels

Sexy :heehee: . I have always had great balance, i did alot of biking and

track n field etc when i was young. I cant wait to Buy a sexy pair of 4"

pumps, anticipating the day :D

Paula G
11-22-2006, 07:26 PM
I found that it was easy to walk in heels once I started. I can wear up to 3" heels with no problem (except when the disc in my back is aggravated). My wife says that I walk better in heels than she does.

JoanneB
11-22-2006, 09:34 PM
I never had any problem walking in heels. I remember the first time- it came quite natural to me.

Joanne

AmandaM
11-22-2006, 09:52 PM
Natural from the first minute!

TaniaInTas
11-22-2006, 10:21 PM
As best I can remember, I was a natural. Anything upto about 4 1/2 inches are fine for prolonged walking - although I did get some serious blisters on my little toes from a new pair that I wore around Chadstone shopping centre (for the Melbournites amongst us) for about 3 hours the day I got them. I adore heels, probably better described as an addiction, and have had many 5 inch some six inch, and I even have a pair of 8 inch ballet style shoes. - I can only last a few minutes in those - and I have no intention of going shopping in them.

Charleen
11-22-2006, 10:29 PM
Started with my Mom's at 3. As natural as falling off a log! Er, maybe that's not such a good analogy.LOL Love and xxxx, Lily

LaSirenaBella
11-22-2006, 10:33 PM
I keep them no higher than 2". I can't remember who told me, but it was an acquaintance at Tiffany Club (waaaay back when) who taught me...ball of the feet first, then heel, then toe...or something like that. It's kind of automatic now.

Sirena

Susan.Boots
11-23-2006, 12:52 AM
I started with 3" pumps then went to 4" thigh highs and never looked back. I just love the feel you get in your calf when walking in stilletos. And as a plus, it makes your bum wiggle as well!

Zina
11-23-2006, 01:52 AM
This brought back some memories. I first tried heels back in the mid 70's. I was about 14 and put on my sister's Candies, the open toed style that were popular back then. It was wonderful. I never really had much trouble walking in heels from the beginning.

janet p
11-23-2006, 01:56 AM
Like a duck to water,but I've had a few GG's say to I walk better in heels then they do and I say it's all in practise.:love:

Stormgirl
11-23-2006, 02:11 AM
It came naturally to me, I guess practicing walking in my mom's heels before she died helped me walk in platform shoes later in life *shrug*

Megan_Girl
11-23-2006, 02:23 AM
Heels came very easily for me. You might say I was born to it?! :o

Blonde
11-23-2006, 04:41 AM
I took to them right away, but like some have said, I have good balance....

Funny thing, I found that the heels actually help aleviate my back pain... don't know whay, but they do. Sometimes in "drab" I have to stand on my toes to get some back relief...if I've been on my feet all day, so I guess that's why.

TeriAnn
11-23-2006, 06:10 AM
I have never had much trouble walking in heels. The only problem I had was when I bought 6 3/4 inch heels put them on and fell right on my big ole dufass butt. Have come back to 4 inch heels much better to walk in

Angela E.
11-23-2006, 08:13 AM
3" came naturally, 4" doable, over that, no way.-Angela E.:doll:

tammysuetv
11-23-2006, 08:22 AM
I can wear anything 4 inches and under with no problem. I have not attempted 5 or more because I am afraid I will have problems.

jakie
11-23-2006, 01:39 PM
natural natural yes but you need some accoutumance if you don't want be ridiculous
In extra it is function of your shoes size
4 " is not so hight if you have 42 (in french size sorry I don't have US convertion table) but become serious for small size as 37 for instance.
So mentioning heel hight means rather nothing if you don't indicate your shoes size
jakie

Sabrina Flowers
11-23-2006, 04:36 PM
I seemed to be able to walk in upto 4inch heels straight away, but my 5inch heels take some getting used to if I havan't worn them for sometime.

Joanna Renee'
11-23-2006, 04:44 PM
It took awhile, I kept twisting my ankles. But i then started witha lower hell and slowly worked my way to a 4 inch heel:rolleyes:
'

june58
11-24-2006, 09:05 AM
Came as natural as breathing

maid phylis
11-24-2006, 09:08 AM
my first time in heels was like i had been wearing them my whole life .i guess thats why we are who we are/:love:

beckypink72
11-24-2006, 09:51 AM
had never any problems with it. Go up to 5in with no problem. GG says am better than her. Can stay in them all day. Go out. No painful feet or legs as I hear so many complaints from GGs.
Becky

Deidra Cowen
11-24-2006, 12:37 PM
I remember my first time in heels, could barely even cross the room I was in. Took just a few weeks however till I got pretty good at it! :tongueout

carla smith
11-24-2006, 01:30 PM
I had heard about how hard it is to walk in heels. GG would tell me how hard it is and how they hated wearing them. So...when I purchased my first pair (4" ankle strap) about 2 years ago it was with much trepidation, as I slipped them on and stood up. What I found was that I was basically standing on the ball of my foot with supporting weight on the heel. I will never forget my first steps….toe first then relaxed to put weight on heel. It only took a few steps to learn that I could put a little weight on the heel first then step forward with the ball of my foot. Sounded great...only heels make that sound...and the wiggle of the hips comes natural! :heehee:

I have found that different heels take more work, and it does not necessarily depend on the heel height. Sling back 3 inch heels are a problem for me, because there is little support of the heel of the foot. Pumps and especially pumps with straps are the easiest for me as they give the most support of the foot.

Kimberly
11-24-2006, 02:02 PM
I got it pretty quickly. :)

I can outwalk most of my friends... :p

CarolDonna
11-24-2006, 05:47 PM
Up to 4 inch heels was easy for me. It took a a few days to get used to five inch heels. I have one pair that really is six inches, and it's a bit difficult at times, but usually I'm fine as long as I don't make any sudden moves, as I did today when the lawn maintenance guys showed up unexpectedly. I don't know how much they saw; thought about it and I don't care all that much.

Victoria Anne
11-25-2006, 07:40 PM
I'm not really sure about high heels up to 3.5 inches is natural though and quite comfortable

MissAlyssa
11-25-2006, 07:52 PM
I took to walking in them easily when I put on my first pair it was like I had been wearing them all my life. My first pair was 5 inch stilletos I didn't really see why the ladies fussed so much about them they were confortable and I could even play basketball in them as long as you don't go up or move too fast lol but then I wore them to a club and had to walk great distances with them up and down hills just to get to the club that was a pain you bet the next time I went i got myself a better parking place.

Jillian_Faith
11-25-2006, 08:15 PM
Love heels. The ability to wear them came very east. Unfortunately I am 5’ 11’ and higher heels cause me to look down on most GMs so I have to settle for 2-3” heels but I love to wear them.

Tina Dixon
11-26-2006, 01:12 AM
Even a big duffus like me was able to walk in then fairly easy, just start out walking on your toes and then it just becomes easy.

Aprilrain
11-26-2006, 01:23 AM
a little unsteady the first night in 5" heels but loved it so much. nothing to it now.

Delila
11-26-2006, 02:19 AM
I took to walking in heels almost instantly it drives my wife crazy cause I can put on any pair of shoes and walk in them as naturally as I was born in them and she cant walk in more then a 2 inch heel.

dancingdan485
12-04-2006, 06:26 PM
Never had a real problem with heels. More importantly is getting a pair that fits right and and comfortabe. Danielle

Alysin CD
12-04-2006, 07:23 PM
No problem up to 4" or so. 5" stilletos are tough & tiring. The price we pay:happy:

Alysin

Deanna2
12-04-2006, 08:13 PM
It depends on the type of heel and the height.

Surprizingly the only shoes I have any trouble with is a pair of 2" platform slides - my favorite - which I occasionally fall off. One day I am sure that I do damage to an ankle.

Robin 36
12-04-2006, 08:59 PM
I don't recall any difficulty. It has been a while since I first tried them. I tend to walk differently when I'm in fem, with shorter steps, more slowly, more gracefully. That probably helps.

Andrea Nicole
12-04-2006, 09:08 PM
I started out in 4" spike heel pumps....it was if I had been walking in them for years....came pretty naturally. Actually, my GG friends comment that I walk and dance in 4" a LOT better than they do...
Take Care...

Courtney A Anderson
12-04-2006, 09:33 PM
Like most of you girls, walking in heels seams so naturel, I go out in 3" heels all the time, And ya'a.. you get so used to it, that walking flat footed seems wrong.

hottieforyou
12-04-2006, 09:36 PM
when i first tried heels they were a killer found them hard to walk in but i'm useto it know except for steps.

Staci
12-04-2006, 10:52 PM
My wife laughed at me the first time I tried to walk in heels. I almost fell over. Just recently she commented about how natural I look now walking in heels. So I would have to say it took me a while to get use to it. But that is half the fun.

Jenfrso
12-04-2006, 11:04 PM
For me it came totally natural. Never twisted an ankle yet, knock on wood!!!

Penny
12-04-2006, 11:14 PM
I learned to walk in 3' spikes in the sand uphill and it was really easy. It was at my oceanfront property in Arizona. By the way, if anyone is interested, it's for sale. :callme:

:hugs:

Penny

GINA-CD
12-04-2006, 11:41 PM
It wasn't so easy the first one or two times, but after that, I got used to them. The hardest is when you wear stilletos... pumps are great, especially if the hold your ankles... that makes it much more easier. those without ankle straps tend to slip off so I avoid them.

Of course the higher, the sexier because they make your legs look longer.

Amber_8281
12-04-2006, 11:58 PM
Heels were one of the harder thing that I have wore. Because I don't have very good balance at the time. But now it is easy. But heels and a cheerleading uniform don't look good together. Unless they are blue. or white. So they would match.

:o

Lauren Richards
12-05-2006, 12:04 AM
Felt pretty natural when I started, but back then, my heels didn't hit the back of my Mom's shoes! Years of practice, and I still love the sound of heels on a hard surface floor (and the way you have to move your body differently in heels...).

Timberley
12-05-2006, 12:09 AM
Hard to say, I only have two pair.
One, I find easy to walk in, (around the house anyway).
The other are too large, and fall off my feet. (should have tried them on first, but chickened out.)

;0)

pauleen
12-05-2006, 10:39 PM
what effect would a GG have seeing a man wearing high heeled clogs with jeans in drab???

krisinpink
12-05-2006, 11:03 PM
Who among us doesn't simply ADORE heels?

I don't have trouble getting from place to place wearing heels (up to 3+ inches), but sometimes I feel alot like I'm just clomping around...not confiident yet that I have achieved that feminine grace I admire so much.

(as a side note..I have a pair of extreme 6" pumps in baby pink -that are strictly for the 'heels in the bedroom' committee- that I CAN BARELY EVEN STAND UP IN -but the debilitating element is kinda fun.....but thats a topic for another day; I digress...)

I have learned that pancake heeled shoes (which at 5' 11" I prolly should wear all the time) just feel like I'm falling over backward! I've recently bought a pair or two of 'kitten heels' (LOVE that name) that I've found to be very comfortable in that I don't feel like I'm falling over backward, and that don't make me look like I'm an escapee from the NBA, however, I sure miss the beautiful, sculped look of a traditional 2+" heeled shoe....alas.....

Also, to answer a recent posting about high heeled clogs while in drab....I've done it as part of a little afternoon thrill in trotting out to the mailbox, but I'd have to say that high-heeled clogs in general while in drab will be noticed. (I've snuck around in low-heeled, more traditional clogs during grocery store runs and the like and LOVE it, but high-heeled clogs?) I don't think I could do it while in drab, but thats not to say that the rest of you lovely ladies couldn't...

love and hugs!

Jacqui

epsxyblkm
12-05-2006, 11:16 PM
I can say that I had no problems walking in my first pair of heels ( 5 inch pumps). I was thinking more about how my SO would respond to them. Long story short, she is jealous that I dont teeter about, and fall on my face.

Adrienne Heels
12-05-2006, 11:47 PM
what effect would a GG have seeing a man wearing high heeled clogs with jeans in drab???

I wonder if she would even notice? I go out shopping all the time in 2" heel womens' loafers while in guy mode and I don't think too many pick up on that. But I'd sure like to find out....and I saw an adorable pair of heeled clogs tonight in Lord & Taylor !

Leslie Foxx
12-06-2006, 12:30 AM
My first pair were 2 1/2" and they killed me. Tried 5" and took to them right away. It probably took me a couple weeks to feel confident enough to venture out in them.

I find a lot of it is the fit, and not the height. A pair of shoe stretchers have solved a lot of problems.

allisonrn06
12-06-2006, 08:47 AM
I don't recall ever having much trouble walking in heels,even when I first started wearing them. But then, the first heels I wore were wedge style sandals, which are easier to walk in. Maybe that helped when I graduated to regular heels though.

J-Girl
12-06-2006, 10:12 AM
I started with lower style heels and worked my way up. I don’t remember ever having a hard time. I prefer heels that are 2 ½ to 3 ½ inch range, anything higher and they become uncomfortable for me. Come to think of it all my sandals have at least a 2 inch heel. My favorite heels to lounge around in are my espadrilles. They have a nice comfortable 3 inch heel, and look good with either a casual skirt or jeans. I love the feel of the ribbon ties on my calf.

Jen :doll:

fancy nancy
12-06-2006, 12:23 PM
I started wearing high heels a while back and love them .I actually go out in public wearing my heeels .I have noticed that no one else notices at all:D

crossing-the-rain
12-06-2006, 01:30 PM
Never had problem .
Rain

Dominique Melt
12-06-2006, 01:36 PM
Took a bit to get used to it -- don't have that wide-hips swing that seems to lend itself naturally to the toe-to-heel line one must walk.

Diana West
12-06-2006, 01:39 PM
I was absolutely stunned the first time I put on a pair of heels.
I glided across the floor like I'd been born into them.

Fortunately, I wear a size 10 and can find many different styles in my size at Payless. I have yet to find a pair to challenge me. I'm not bragging, I'm amazed really.

ellieparsons
12-06-2006, 03:04 PM
It came pretty natural to me walking in heels.

CarmenG
12-06-2006, 05:50 PM
It all started back here bout 20 years ago when my wife bought some new shoes and could not wear then cause they were too tight. So she asked if I could walk in them in hopes of streching them out. Needless to say I jumped at the chance. Been doing it ever since and own a couple of pair myself....:D

Cheryl T
12-06-2006, 06:51 PM
Well, when I was nine and wore a size 6 and mom wore her size 8 they were a little wobbly for a while .. :heehee:

But by the time I was 11 it was like second nature.

KelleyTGirl
12-07-2006, 11:10 AM
Nothing over 3", but felt so natural. Just a few minutes and I was all set.

Sophy
12-07-2006, 12:04 PM
It is amazing how heels can place a feminine perspective in your mind and feminine sense in your body making the little swaying motion when you walk ... show easier.
It is so exact... High heels help to feel feminine and give an elegant & sexy silhouette and galt. I've started at 8 with mom's shoes and now I wear daily 5 inches whithout any difficulty. Sure, shoes are a very important part of our lives:straightface:

Aprilnylons
12-07-2006, 01:25 PM
I started out at age 5 wearing my Mom's high heels with her pantyhose. They were too big for me then, but I grew into them and I love the feeling of wearing my pantyhose and having my silky foot slip into my heels. They feel and look so sexy. They are so much of being a crossdresser to me and help make me feel feminine which I love.