PDA

View Full Version : I want to be ...

Josie06
11-22-2006, 04:43 PM
Reading our sister Sherrie's thread "want to be Vanna White", started me too think.

I've always identified with the ladies on game shows, comedies and dramas whether movies or TV. I find myself in that role, in those clothes and can even feel that I am her. Sometimes I can get quite involved in the role, emotionally even crying when its sad or happy. (Have to watch myself with others around.)

I guess that's why I dream so vividly as myself as a woman and remember them. But that's another story.

When I was younger it was Loretta Young, Elizabeth Montgomery, Donna Reed, even 'Mrs Peel' when I felt really adventurous and many others. Today I still identify with the females even though I'm older than most actresses playing the roles.

How about you?

SherriePall
11-22-2006, 04:57 PM
Josie -- Many times I was in love with the actress and wanted to be her at the same time.

hotbobbie
11-22-2006, 05:05 PM
Naw just want to be my own hottie

Cyndie
11-22-2006, 05:27 PM
I frist wanted to be June Cleaver, loved the a-line dress with the petti coats. Next thought Mary Tyler Moore was the hotist thing on earth. But for years now I hate to miss the Wheel. I do so look forward to seeing Vana walk out. I think that there is some guy with her but I don't really remember. :heehee:

TTFN
Cyndie

KarenSusan
11-22-2006, 05:44 PM
Having grown up in the 50s, I always identified with Donna Reed's teenage daughter. I used to fantasize about how great it would be to go to school wearing a full skirted dress with a lot of petticoats.

Angela E.
11-22-2006, 07:06 PM
God,there have been so many,two off the top of my head,Morgan Fairchild and Nicolette Sheridan.Well thats my:2c: -Angela E.:GE: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bye:

Joy Carter
11-22-2006, 07:49 PM
Rosemary Clooney in 1955 . Quit yer laughin Teresa :Angry3:

Kathryn Philips
11-22-2006, 07:59 PM
...a woman called Kattie.

BobbieCD1944
11-22-2006, 08:11 PM
When I was younger it was Loretta Young, Elizabeth Montgomery, .. 'Mrs Peel'

How about you?

In another thread I just posted.. Katherine Hepburn. Elizabeth Mongtomery would be on my list too. Trivia.. she did the volume 2 and 3 books on tape for Anne Rice's Beauty series. If I set my mind to it.. I could go on for days about many of the older actresses.

Kimkandy
11-22-2006, 08:21 PM
When I was younger it was Loretta Young, Elizabeth Montgomery, Donna Reed, even 'Mrs Peel' when I felt really adventurous and many others. Today I still identify with the females even though I'm older than most actresses playing the roles.

How about you?

Sandra Bullock, Julia Roberts, Angelina Jolie, Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet... :gorgeous: Oh and I'd like to get paid :2c: 20 million dollars to make movies too... :rolleyes:

Kim

:dom: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Country girl
11-22-2006, 08:45 PM
I just want to be loved for who I am. Me, a wonderful GG with a lot of love in my heart to give to the right person. Well ok, I wouldn't mind being Sandra Bullock!:D But I like who I am, so that's a bonus I think!:love: to all!

JulieCDorlando
11-22-2006, 09:49 PM
I just want to be loved for who I am. Me, a wonderful GG with a lot of love in my heart to give to the right person.

Hello Country girl,
I do agree with your statement. We all want to be loved for who we are. It is getting harder in this day and age to find that special someone that will love you for you ( or as you mentioned 'me for me"). Usually it is the "what can YOU do for me?" attitude. Not so much of putting the consideration of another before ones own interest of what can I do for her/him? Being single can really bite some days. The love of someone and the giving in return of that love is a very special, wonderful blessing to have, and well worth cherishing and to be thankful for if one has such a blessing in their life.
In the spirit of this holiday season, for everyone that has a significant other in their lives, be thankful for who he/she is. Cherish them for who they are. Everyone has short commings, faults etc. No one is perfect. We wouldn't be human if we were. Happy Thanksgiving to one and all.

rye_ginger
11-22-2006, 09:52 PM
Charlie's Angels, Pussycat Dolls, women that exude sexy and exude confidence. I want to be a strong woman who likes to dress up and be sexy too.

AmandaM
11-22-2006, 09:55 PM
Barbara Eden as Jeannie!

JulieCDorlando
11-22-2006, 09:56 PM
Hello,
If I were to choose anyone (film, tv stars etc), the females actress I admire and would love to be are Catherine Zeta-Jones, Sandra Bulloch, Heather Graham, Debra Messing.
There are a couple of male actors also,but seeing that isnt what this post is about I think I'll leave that as it is...... unanswered. :devil: