PDA

View Full Version : Comming out

rosiegurl
11-22-2006, 07:32 PM
ok, I spoke a while ago about my mother knowing a little about me been a CD awhile ago, and now I am in the UK and can talk to her face to face about it I'm having difficulty actually finding reasons to do so.

is there any real reason to fully out yourself to someone other than desire?

Megan72
11-22-2006, 08:01 PM
ok, I spoke a while ago about my mother knowing a little about me been a CD awhile ago, and now I am in the UK and can talk to her face to face about it I'm having difficulty actually finding reasons to do so.

Sure there are reasons, Honesty (to yourself and them), Relief from the stress of being locked in a closet, the ability to be yourself ll the time, and did I mention honesty?

Kimkandy
11-22-2006, 08:31 PM

Maybe you could think of some positive things to add...

1. You're hetrosexual and not gay.
2. You may still have kids and she may still have grand children.
3. You don't want to have a sex change.
4. It dosen't change the fact you still love your mother.

Or none of the above... I don't know your situation. It may be better to say nothing unless your mother brings it up.

Kim

:dom: :love:

AyJay
11-22-2006, 08:44 PM

With me it wasn't so much reason as opportunity. The reason for me was clear. I wanted to tell my wife because otherwise our relationship was, well not exactly based on a lie, but certainly wasn't based on a full knowledge of each other. I felt that I had to do something, and it was a difficult decision to make. For the first time in my life I contemplated suicide. I knew I had to make the move for my own sanity.

The opportunity came about as a result of a television interview with a MtF CDr whose spouse was accepting, but who had said "just don't lie to me". That was both the opportunity and the crystalisation of the reason. I no longer wanted to be racked with guilt, and knew I had to stop the lies.

It is a bit of a rocky point at the moment, but I know that we love each other and that as long as I take it slowly and gain her acceptance at each juncture, we will be all right.

Holly
11-23-2006, 12:45 AM
Rosie, asking the question just a bit different... Is there any reason not to tell her?

rosiegurl
11-23-2006, 12:37 PM
not really Holly, like I said she knows some, quite how much I don't know for certain other than I like womens clothes *chuckles* and she was very cool about that.

I just don't know if there is a point to explaining the whole deal to her, don't think it would change anything, still wouldn't dress infront of her.... my own inhibitions stopping that rather than any worry about her reaction.....

Bonnie D
11-23-2006, 01:08 PM
Rosie,

If she knows something about your interest then maybe you could ask her how much she knows about it and what does she think. That way you will at least know for sure. This doesn't mean that you have to change your mind about not dressing in her presence but you would both know where each other stands on the issue. I think it would be a relief for both of you. She may have wanted to talk to you about it before but didn't want to make you feel uncomfortable.

Bonnie