PDA

View Full Version : How many GG's have you come out to, and how many accepted you?

Michellebej
11-23-2006, 12:35 AM
It seems that I see a common thread where many of the girls have met with a wall of indifference or non-acceptence from their SO's. Which got me to thinking. I have come out to six GG friends of mine so far. All have accepted me. All but one have wanted to "meet" me. And; that one does nothing but talk about "me" ( and has for five years).

So; I was wondering, is it just the SO's that have the trouble ( I didn't have that problem either, but; I realize that I was lucky) with us?

And; if so, why?

Love

Michelle

Bobbie cd
11-23-2006, 02:10 AM
Uhh, so far one and one. (So, I guess I am one for one, batting 1.000 so far! :D )

On a more serious note, I think that it is much easier for a GG friend to be accepting than for any of our S.O.'s. After all, a friend has much less invested emotionally in the relationship than a S.O. Also, most of the time, the S.O. will have a tough time reconciling the man they fell in love with and the CD version. Most GG's grow up being culturally conditioned to believe in the concept of "happily ever after" with their own "prince charming". Reality is tough enough to deal with when "prince charming" is a "normal" guy falling short of the ideal society puts forth, let alone when "he" wants to put on a skirt! This must really be a shock to most GG's. Is it any wonder that they get upset or defensive?

Fortunately, if there is enough of a bond of trust and love there to begin with, at least some can reach some level of acceptance. If we as CD's are very lucky, we might eventually find someone as accepting and supportive as some of the fine GG's known and beloved here on our little warped home on the web!

(You fine ladies know who you are! :D )

Anyway, that's my :2c: .

Stormgirl
11-23-2006, 02:13 AM
A couple in person and they didn't accept it but whatever. Came out to a few over the internet and they were really cool with it,why is it that all the cool laid back women live miles and miles away?

ReginaK
11-23-2006, 02:55 AM
I've come out to a lot of them. The catch is, none of the ones I come out to will go out with me. So coming out to them and guaging their reaction is pretty much pointless.

Penny Lane
11-23-2006, 05:14 AM
Hi

I've either come out (or in 1 case was discovered) to 3 GG. Two had no problem, in fact the neighbour who I bumped into while getting the car out of the garage while dressed "en-femme" was really supportive, we used to have coffee each week with myself always dressed as Penny.

However, my SO is really not accepting anymore, not that she was ever really into my CD'ing but that is very largely my fault (99%) for being devious (like most of us I suspect) and being found out one too many times. I fully agree with Bobbie's comments, we are expected to be Prince Charmings or Knights in Shining Armour and not pushing our SO's aside so we can have a place at the window in the castle's tower so we can let down our hair to be rescued in all our finery (But what a thought!). Life can be a bit of a "so an so" but we have to play the cards we are dealt, like it or not.

Take care, love

Penny x

Joy Carter
11-23-2006, 05:25 AM
Don't know if this counts but I met and befriended one GG so far. Her spouse is on here. So she accepts her spouse and I felt very comfortable being around her. She did ask me some questions about my attire so that kinda made my day.:D

tekla west
11-23-2006, 05:55 AM
"Coming out to" and "being accepted by" does not equal "hop in the sack with." Huge differences.

TeriAnn
11-23-2006, 06:07 AM
The only GG I have come out to is my wife BlueBird and she has fully embraced my love for dressing as a female. I :love: her very much for caring the way she does.

Debs
11-23-2006, 06:18 AM
I have found that even though accepted, it always the thing they throw in your face after a row, please dont take this the wrong way, cos I know they dont really mean it, it just they know it can get to you cos its close to your heart.

Raychel
11-23-2006, 08:18 AM
Only 2 for me, My wife, That did not go very well at all, but she ias starting to accept it better now. the other one was my mother. We talked about the fact that I like to wear womens underwear. She was just fine with it. Although she was a little bit surprised that I could keep it a secret in my house. My wife also told her mother and she was fine with it also.

There are not alot of other women in my life so I don't think that it will be a real issue in the near future.

MJ
11-23-2006, 08:22 AM
so far all my gg friends are ok with me.. after the shock that is ..

JulieCDorlando
11-23-2006, 09:02 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone,
I have come out to only two GG's that WERE in my life. One was my ex wife, in whom I was married to for 17 years. She knew of my CDing when we were dating, but through out the marriage she would not accept my CDing, primarily due to religious up bringing. The other was a GG that I was dating for about 6 months 2 years after my divorce. I was deeply in love with her. She was everything to me. She decided my CDing was to much for her. She wanted a "real" man instead. I do believe I crushed her when I divulged my CDing to her, and I regret even to this day of admitting to her of this side of me.

janet p
11-23-2006, 09:20 AM
The thing is that most of us don't come out to our SO's until after we are married. I had one wife who didn't want to accept even tho I told her about it be for we married. The other one accepted it but would throw it in my face when we argued. I have come out to many GG's who had no problem with it but we never did go further with it. So I'm still looking someone who will accept and enjoy it with me.:love:

Eileen
11-23-2006, 09:41 AM
Before we were married I came out to my soon to be wife. We were both pretty dumb in that we both thought the desire to dress would stop once I was married. Oh I knew so little oh so many years ago. We married and surprise the desire went away for maybe three months. After three months my desire grew, it seems like, each day! She never really accepted Eileen. If only the internet had been around way back then!

Eileen

Nike
11-23-2006, 09:47 AM
One divorced me after 10 years (told her after we were married), another had limitations (knew but didn't see until after marriage) and three whose Acceptance went "all the way" (told early in the relationship).

Not real hard to see the pattern here.

cd_stacey
11-23-2006, 10:04 AM
The first was a Domme Mistress who helped define and refine "Stacey", and who nurtured me through the journey of feminization. The next was my SO who was unsympathetic and not understanding...this led to a suppression and 5 year dormancy. The third is my current Domme Mistress who has been totally supportive and has brought Stacey back to life.

Robin Leigh
11-23-2006, 10:19 AM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the best way to tell your wife that you CD is pre-nuptually. It's not guaranteed, but it's such a different dynamic when you tell upfront, rather than revealing it after hiding it for a number of years.

Robin

JenniferMint
11-23-2006, 11:44 AM
5 GGs know about my dressing (unless I missed someone).

Two are open-minded lesbians (one of them has flirted with me in the past) and know I'm TG.

Another one is heterosexual, in university, doesn't like using makeup/skirts/dresses herself. She even told her mom about me, and her mom was cool with it too.

A fourth is a conservative catholic school girl. This one is somewhat uncomfortable with my crossdressing, and asks me why can't I just be a normal guy.

Then there's my mom. She knows I'm castrated but doesn't know that I'm TG. She thinks I'm just messing around when I crossdress. She thinks CDing is weird, but I'm otherwise successful in life and I'm not getting into trouble so she doesn't mind it. I have yet to get her to go out with me while dressed though (last time, she said my wig looked bad and that she can tell I'm a guy). I'm thinking of trying again after I get FFS (not sure how I'm going to explain that to her!) and grow out my real hair.

JoanneB
11-23-2006, 11:59 AM
The only GG that I told is my wife. I let her in on my CDing before we got married so that she would not get hurt. I took the chance at that time so that she could make the decision to stay with me or not. She said that she didn't want anything to do with it at first but in our first year of marriage, she began to accept it. Now, she will come home after shopping with a new piece of clothing for me every once in a while.I am real fortunate to have her as my wife.

Joanne

Eugenie
11-23-2006, 12:22 PM
I've come out to several GGs and so far all without exception have very well accepted me as "Eugenie". Some have provided excellent advice to me both on a very concrete way about my style of dressing or makeup and more profoundly in helping me to accept my feminine side.

However, so far I've never come out to another man (I mean not a CD) with just one exception too complex to explain. He didn't care either.

The latest one I told is the president of the advocacy association of which I'm a member of the board.

In fact she almost prompted me to come out to her. During the diner meal she said openly in front of other members of the board that I wasn't reacting like a man. And I took that as a compliment given the examples she had quoted before. A little later, while speaking alone with her, I asked her why she has said that. She said that in her view I reacted more like a woman to the situations we were facing in our activities. At this point I felt that I could come out to her. I even showed her a picture of me, a rather conservative skirt and top. She just said "Very nice." and later on added "You're doing no harm to anybody." I think that she wasn't really surprised.

Second question why is it that our SOs are far less understanding than other GGs? Well, it is just that it hits too close to home... My own SO is very tolerant in general and with with other CDs too, we came across one the other day in a store and she said that this person looked nice. But with regard to me, I'm her husband, and she maried a man. She's also afraid that the family and the friends will know about it. She was quite crossed at me when she realized that I had come out to a friend of ours (GG). But now that this is over, she accepts the facts even though she never talked about that subject with our friend...

:hugs:
Eugenie

vbcdgrl
11-23-2006, 04:24 PM
I "came out" to my X. She's OK with it now that she doesn't have to deal with it as an SO.

Vikki

PattieAnn
11-23-2006, 05:10 PM
I came out to my wife some years ago. She is very supportive in fact I have my own closet of feminine clothes and my own make up. She also goes shopping with me and makes some very good suggestions.

I have come out to two other women and both are supportive.

PattieAnn

SherriePall
11-23-2006, 05:25 PM
I'm out to about eight GG's. Seven are (or were) SA's. Most were cool with it (after all I was spending money). One I thought was, wasn't. Long story.
The day before Thanksgiving I finally caught up with one of the SA's at David's Bridal where I bought my gown before Halloween.
I showed her the pics of me all dolled up wearing the gown. And I showed her the two pics of me wearing my LBD (posted elsewhere on here) which I wore there the day after Halloween, but she wasn't working.
She then pulled me aside and asked if I liked wearing women's clothes. I told her yes. And she said that's okay with her. I proceeded to show her the rest of my pics as we talked.
As for my wife, things are all relative. The closer you're related to the person dressing, the more of a problem it is. That's her theory. As the others have written, it could be because she thought she had married a REAL MAN.
But she didn't, she married me.

princessmichelle
11-23-2006, 05:29 PM
Hi,

I recently came out to a married couple and today, Thanksgiving, was our first real talk about it in person. Although I appreciated both their support, in some ways her support meant more to me than his.

There's another gg I am nervous about coming out to, though she would probably be supportive.

I've also come out to two other ggs, who were both supportive.

Princess Michelle

Paula G
11-23-2006, 05:45 PM
The only person I came out to was my wife, and she has had no problems with it so far.

loki_uk
11-23-2006, 05:48 PM
I've come out to quite a few female friends most of whom have seen me dressed, but when asked would you being accepting if it was your bloke in a dress then flip flop over the issue and the answer is really no

So that's women I guess, they're most accepting as long as it isn't their bloke

Bernice
11-23-2006, 08:29 PM
Four, in person and personally, and all four found out over 33 years ago. Two of them turned out to be not very nice people, including one who used my CDing as a reason to get our marriage annulled. The other two have been good/great friends, and one of them has been my wife legally for almost 31 years.

Missy Anne
11-23-2006, 09:58 PM
Besides my wife whom most of you know here, I found it desirable/necessary to tell a close GG friend last year.

I was extremely apprehensive about it and was sort of stumbling over my words during the buildup. She finally said "so what is it?" I gritted my teeth, took a deep breath and said "I'm a crossdresser".

She said "COOL!"

I was shocked at her response and immediate acceptance. We have since discussed it many times and I have gotten some really good tips since she is a really smart dresser herself.

I also enjoy it when sometimes she will kid me about it.

Missy Anne

michele_t39
11-24-2006, 10:10 AM
I have come out to 3 gg's so far. Of course they were all very selectively chosen. I have not got the courage yet to spill to my SO. I have confidence that when I do it will hit the fan, so I am waiting for after the holidays. I know, call me chicken.

Robin Leigh
11-24-2006, 11:59 AM
I have come out to 3 gg's so far. Of course they were all very selectively chosen. I have not got the courage yet to spill to my SO. I have confidence that when I do it will hit the fan, so I am waiting for after the holidays. I know, call me chicken.

You're not chicken, michele! Even just thinking about telling your SO can be scary. :)

Don't rush things. Before you tell her, make sure you will feel comfortable answering any question she may have. If you show that you accept yourself, it's easier for others to accept you, too.

Best of luck!

:hugs:

Robin

MsJanessa
11-24-2006, 01:07 PM
"Coming out to" and "being accepted by" does not equal "hop in the sack with." Huge differences.
Roger that Hon----I have many GG friends who are fine with My dressing and even go out with Me while I'm dressed---Relativly few however want to have sex with Me when I'm dressed(there was of course My lesbian freind Leigh who told Me my kisses where as sensual as a woman's--lol) Difference is that if a gf or spouse has met and fallen in love with you as a guy that's a pretty clear indication that they are turned on by guys not t-girls. Go through most of the GGs posts in this forum, you will find relativly few about how great it is to have a sexual relationship with a T-girl but many about how hard it is to accept the fact that their boyfriend, hubby, SO is into wearing womens clothes, makeup and wigs.

rickwi25
11-24-2006, 01:19 PM
2 gg's that I met thru dating phone service...one was very into it, which probably because of my immaturity made me pull back. 2 ex's that I told after we broke up and both said they would have been accepting of it...one I am still friends with. My mom...when I lived at home I'd dress in front of her all the time. We would look thru catalogs together and she'd buy nylons for me if I asked.

Deidra Cowen
11-24-2006, 01:57 PM
My old GG GF of course was kewl with it, but thats not quite fair since I met her out at a club when I was dressed. Generally GGs out at the nightclubs seem very accepting. I had one get my phone number Wednesday night at da Prince of Wales ...a English Pub (Str8 bar) near downtown Atlanta.

Of course she has not called yet! :mad: :p

Kimberley
11-24-2006, 02:37 PM
I have only disclosed to a couple of GG's (outside of here of course)

The first was my wife who was and remains totally unaccepting and opposed to any of this. :cry: This is probably one of the biggest hurdles I have had to come to grips with.:

The other is a friend I have known on the net for about 10 years now. She is totally accepting and supportive, at least as far as she can be (she is Brasilian) She has helped me through some really rough patches and I love her to bits. :love:

Unfortunately her travels for her job (she was a corporate lawyer in International Law) never brought her closer than NYC so we have never met.:sad:

Someday. :Pray:

Kimberley

Josie06
11-24-2006, 02:47 PM
Other than the GG's who read what I post here --- none.

My SO is not as understanding at the GG/SO's I've read here.

So I wait an hope to find someone to talk to.