PDA

View Full Version : Hair accessories

heathr1
11-23-2006, 07:38 AM
Do you wear any, or have you in the past?

Occasionally, my ex-girlfriend used to use her barettes and claw/jaws in my hair.

tekla west
11-23-2006, 07:53 AM
When I had my own hair, they rocked my world, with a wig, they still rock my world.

Kate Simmons
11-23-2006, 08:28 AM
Headbands, clips, bows, barettes, flowers, etc.:happy: Ericka

Lawren
11-23-2006, 08:45 AM
I used to wear a lot of bows and clips in the back to enhance my ponytail. Most went out with the last purge and I haven't replaced them yet.

Karren H
11-23-2006, 08:47 AM
I love those big clips, that I use to put my hair up with, and I also have barretts, and head bands..........got to accessorize!!!

K

melissa michaels
11-23-2006, 09:19 AM
I love all hair accessories

cd_stacey
11-23-2006, 10:08 AM
Barettes to hold my hair out of my eyes during times of (ahem) certain "activity". Also like to wear my hair in twin ponytails on the sides using colored elastic bands and in a single poytail with a pretty scrunchie (that also make cool casual bracelets too)

Cristi
11-23-2006, 11:42 AM
Well, at least a black hair elastic all the time to keep my ponytail in place when in drab. Otherwise, a scrunchie, barrette or bobby pins to keep things in place. I don't have anything like bows or ribbons, since I don't think that 'look' would be good on me. I usually use a scrunchie after showering, since it holds the hair less tightly and lets it dry faster.

I'm STILL looking for nice alternatives to elastics... I've seen nice hair clips for ponytails that look good for guys (metal, indian or celtic patterns) but don't know where to find such a thing. I'd love to have something a bit more 'dressy' than black elastic! Any ideas?

I've forgotten about my hair a few times when going out. Once, I was out for quite a long time with a yellow scrunchie, but nobody commented. Another time I was out with a metal barrette and got a few odd looks before I remembered to take it out.

BTW: Since I wear a ponytail all the time and usually am the one with the longest hair in just about any group, boy or girl, I've had several times when I've had GGs ask me if I have a spare clip or elastic they can borrow. I like that... It gives me a bit of a 'just one of the girls' feeling... :happy:

SherriePall
11-23-2006, 05:50 PM
I have a few, but my hair isn't really long enough to wear them properly. I have started looking for proper hair extensions.

Amy Hepker
11-23-2006, 06:15 PM
I like barretts and big Bows in the back.

windycissy
11-23-2006, 06:21 PM
Yes, they are an absolute must to let me style my wig into a passable do....it always surprises me how some CD'ers don't grasp the importance of this. I have scrunchies for when I want to go with a ponytail (in colors to match whatever top I'm wearing) and some of those butterfly/jaw clip thingies so I can sweep my hair up in the back, and a couple of hairbands. And don't forget the bobby pins!

Jenna1561
11-23-2006, 06:29 PM
Yes, elastic bands, scrunchies, barrettes, clips, pins, headbands, and combs. I wear a pony tail most of the time when drab - elastic bands at work; scrunchies, bands, bobby pins and barrettes away from work.

Jenna

Carroll
11-23-2006, 07:48 PM
yep, use my wife's all the time!

Michelle2008
11-24-2006, 01:57 AM
Yep, I do. I love to highlight my hair with various hair piece. Bows, barrettes, headbands, ponytail holders...you name it, I love them. They make me feel so girly and I feel my look is complete with a cute hair accessory.

Take Care,
Michelle

Robin Leigh
11-24-2006, 09:25 AM
Hi heathr!

The only hair jewellry I have is a silver metal hair clip with a diamante that an Indian GG friend gave me. I have a few scarves that can be worn on the head, though.

:hugs:

Robin