PDA

View Full Version : So far, so good

Calliope
11-23-2006, 03:37 PM
Went to my 1st doctor's appointment since arriving in California - Palo Alto Medical Foundation. My GP was warm but all biz, told me he once oversaw a FtM transition. Bullseye! Got me referred to an endocrinologist, in-house no less. Supposedly, one shrink session - then on to the hormones.

Tell ya the truth, I was most buzzed about my current weight - 121.

And, yes, I was dressed to kill.

AmberTG
11-24-2006, 02:02 AM
121 pounds! How did you do that? I was about 135 for quite a few years but middle age spread has started to settle in on me.:heehee:
It would seem that you chose wisely with your doctor, I'm glad it worked out for you.

Calliope
11-24-2006, 01:02 PM
121 pounds! How did you do that?

I was 135 - at best - forever. I was amazed, myself. I guess replacing peanut butter sandwiches with salads did it. Everytime I make a PB waffle for my toddler, I smell it and feel faint. Oh well, I'm motivated to stay size 6 - though I suspect hormones will kick me up to 7.

Clare
11-25-2006, 04:44 AM
Hey DT. One shrink session - then on to the hormones? Seems too quick and easy, but still if you have professional supervision, all the better for you! I'm glad matters are moving ahead for you smoothly - look forward to hearing your progress reports on HRT development.

Tell ya the truth, I was most buzzed about my current weight - 121.
I was about 135 for quite a few years...Damn you girls!:( I just hit 165lbs and that's the lightest i've been since I was a teenager (which was a very long time ago!).

JenniferMint
11-25-2006, 07:52 AM
Hey DT. One shrink session - then on to the hormones? Seems too quick and easy, but still if you have professional supervision, all the better for you!

I'm a bit jealous. It took me 3-4 months (I'm in Vancouver, BC, Canada) to be prescribed hormones, despite having already been taking them (ordered over the internet) and being castrated. And the doctor only prescribed me 2mg per day, when I've been taking 4mg per day, so I'm taking double doses of the hormones he prescribed me but that means I'll run out early.

Calliope
11-25-2006, 02:55 PM
I'm a bit jealous.

Ah, don't be jealous. My primary advantage in this area is I'm so much older than you, dear. Of course, there's going to be more caution with a sweet young thang like you. Um, residing in Northern California and having some experience with psych pros (father is clinical psychologist; stepfather was psychiatrist; worked a decade as a MH counsellor) also helps. But mainly, I'm just so ancient I'm nobody's big loss.

Kimberley
11-25-2006, 03:32 PM
I'm a bit jealous. It took me 3-4 months (I'm in Vancouver, BC, Canada) to be prescribed hormones, despite having already been taking them (ordered over the internet) and being castrated. And the doctor only prescribed me 2mg per day, when I've been taking 4mg per day, so I'm taking double doses of the hormones he prescribed me but that means I'll run out early.

STAY ON THE RECOMMENDED DOSAGES girl!! It will get bumped up in time and you could do yourself no favours by doubling up, especially when they do the tests over again and see that the levels are high. Not to mention what happens when you do run out.

Patience, patience, patience..... and I want it NOW! :D

:hugs:
Kimberley.

RachelDenise
11-25-2006, 03:34 PM
Congratulations Daytripper. We all want to hear more as you go forward.

JenniferMint
11-25-2006, 09:15 PM
STAY ON THE RECOMMENDED DOSAGES girl!! It will get bumped up in time and you could do yourself no favours by doubling up, especially when they do the tests over again and see that the levels are high. Not to mention what happens when you do run out.

Patience, patience, patience..... and I want it NOW! :D

:hugs:
Kimberley.

The 2mg/day he prescribed is the minimal amount of estrogen, just enough to stave off bad effects such as osteoporosis/hot flashes.

The 4mg/day dose I've been taking for months is more for feminization.

The doctor was aware that he was prescribing half the dosage I'm normally taking, but he did this because he isn't convinced I have GID. He recommended that I only take the dosage he prescribed, but that he wouldn't hold it against me if I took more (he knew what I was thinking!).

The main reason I pressured him to prescribe me hormones (he was already reluctant) was that I wasn't paying attention to my supply and forgot to reorder online. But I won't make that mistake last time, so running out shouldn't be a problem.

MJ
11-25-2006, 10:06 PM
good for you and you are 121 pounds wow thats good .. and i just want to get to 160 maybe i better go to 150... just keep doing what your doctor tell's you to do and you will be fine .. hugs

Scotty
11-25-2006, 10:47 PM
I'd die to be 135!

I am at 173 right now, but I've weighed 168 for the past 20 years....
But I'm also 6'1" too, used to be 6'2" :D Age....

Hormones have something to do with that, and you SHOULD expect to gain a bit of weight initially on them, the fat *WILL* settle on you so get used to it for a while, seems to have subsided and I've almost all but lost any spare tire I had. Don't give up hope if you gain some extra pounds, it'll lean off....

Congrats!!

I read on Ann Lawrence's site that the "usual" is 6-8 mg per day, OMG NO WAY!!! 4mg felt too much and I'm thinking 3 would be fine for me.

2mg makes me feel just right but doesn't do the feminization as much, the past 4 months have been at 4mg and things are progressing along now.....

AmberTG
11-26-2006, 02:59 AM
I'm about 5' 11", but I've always been skinny. The most I ever weighed was at the end of Army basic training, I got up to 145 with all the exercise and 3 meals a day. After being out of basic for a while, I drifted back down to 138-135, where I stayed for about 30 years. It's only been the last couple of years that I started to gain weight, and not much of that either. I might weigh 140 now but I might not, I don't know, I'm not allowed to have a scale in the house, the wife calls it a "tool of the devil". But then again, she weighs more than I do, I'm guessing about 40-50 pounds more. She's never let me find out what she weighs, doesn't want me to know.
Anyway, I keep hoping that this belly fat will miagrate to my hips with the hormones. I'm stuck at size 8 for pants, not like that's a bad thing mind you.

ToyGirl
12-04-2006, 10:37 AM
The 2mg/day he prescribed is the minimal amount of estrogen, just enough to stave off bad effects such as osteoporosis/hot flashes.

The 4mg/day dose I've been taking for months is more for feminization.

The doctor was aware that he was prescribing half the dosage I'm normally taking, but he did this because he isn't convinced I have GID. He recommended that I only take the dosage he prescribed, but that he wouldn't hold it against me if I took more (he knew what I was thinking!).

The main reason I pressured him to prescribe me hormones (he was already reluctant) was that I wasn't paying attention to my supply and forgot to reorder online. But I won't make that mistake last time, so running out shouldn't be a problem.

2mg of premarin/100mg aldactone a day puts my levels within normal female range for E and T. Though everyones different , but you really should take your dosage according to your test results.