PDA

View Full Version : Learning about oneself

Byllie
11-24-2006, 11:25 AM
I was reading another thread about how some men treat their SOs, and whether we're more considerate because of our CDing, when another piece of the puzzle fell into place.

I grew up in a household with a mother who showed her emotions effortlessly. A very Italian household, with lots of emotions flying. I, on the other hand, learned to hold back my emotions as a defense mechanism. I became very logical and very subdued.

After getting married, and with therapy, I learned to let my emotions out. They were always there, merely bottled up inside. As I did so, more of the feminine side emerged, which was also always there.

Today, I have a SO who is understanding though cautious; mostly this is do to her heightened sense of what society may think. We have a deeply loving relationship.

I wonder what I would have been like if I had not bottled up my emtions, if I had allowed my feminine side to flow when I was growing up. Then again, that is the past, unchangeable, and the future lies ahead.

MsJanessa
11-24-2006, 11:29 AM
I was reading another thread about how some men treat their SOs, and whether we're more considerate because of our CDing, when another piece of the puzzle fell into place.

I grew up in a household with a mother who showed her emotions effortlessly. A very Italian household, with lots of emotions flying. I, on the other hand, learned to hold back my emotions as a defense mechanism. I became very logical and very subdued.

After getting married, and with therapy, I learned to let my emotions out. They were always there, merely bottled up inside. As I did so, more of the feminine side emerged, which was also always there.

Today, I have a SO who is understanding though cautious; mostly this is do to her heightened sense of what society may think. We have a deeply loving relationship.

I wonder what I would have been like if I had not bottled up my emtions, if I had allowed my feminine side to flow when I was growing up. Then again, that is the past, unchangeable, and the future lies ahead.
sounds like you are on the right path.

Iniquity Blonde GG
11-24-2006, 01:45 PM
i think "men" in general dont/wont share their emotions as women do sometimes. so, maybe when u "dress" and become femmine , the emotinal side does come out more. if u think about it, GG's suffer so many emotions throughout their life for so many reasons. ( to many list ) ! and although there are alot of "tough" GG's out there, for us, crying is a release most of the time. hiding ur emotions isnt really good, because u carnt relate to ur SO if their is a problem, and ur trying to be strong and keep it all in. i know when i have a argument, i just break down in tears :sad: i hate conflict. being femmine might make u feel more emotional, more relaxed to express urself.which "yes" is a good thing !!
being soppy, caring isnt a bad quality, it shows u understand, want to help. hiding emotions isnt good. because you carnt release the "true" feelings inside you, where-ever they are good or bad .:straightface: