PDA

View Full Version : Innocent things that make you think 'I wish it was me'

heathr1
11-24-2006, 11:31 AM
I've seen it again today.

That mother at the make-up counter, with her young son while she was testing and choosing make-up.

I've actually seen her test nail polish on him and he loved it.

What innocent things have made you think 'I wish'?

MarinaTwelve200
11-24-2006, 03:10 PM
Once, about age 10, I saw a school friend of mine being made up as a girl, by a teacher for a school play. He already had on a long gown and a hat, and the teacher was doing his lipstick. It was sorta scary, so I didnt hang around. Only years later did I think that would have been "fun" to have gone thru myself.

Caitlintgsd
11-24-2006, 09:30 PM
When I was young, around 9 or so, my mother used to make her own dresses. And as I was about the right height at that age she's put them on me when she wanted to pin the hemline. At the time I found it rather boring.

Z. Teoni
11-24-2006, 10:13 PM
When I watch football games and see the cheerleaders in the background I wish the cameras would focus on them so I could study their outfits.

Karren H
11-24-2006, 10:50 PM
It's fun to wish but....... Hey!!! Wake up!! And stop wishing.... Get out there and make things that you want happen!!!! Way more fun than standing on the sidelines and watching...... got to get in the game!!

Love Karren

linnea
11-24-2006, 10:52 PM
When I was pre-school age(as I remember, I was about 4 or 5), my mother had me try on dresses a few times while I was with her as she shopped for clothes. As far as I know, she never bought any of the dresses, nor do I remember her ever having me wear one at home. As I look back on this, I wish that she had.
She did, however, have me wearing girl's underwear during my elementary school years. Again, I wish that she had done more.

Lois1234
11-25-2006, 01:34 AM
When i was young and living in Cold Lake (northen Alberta) my mom bought my brother and i some tights to wear under our jeans to keep warm. I loved them. My dad said we looked like fags, so I threw mine out...dam him....

Lois...

Stephanie-L
11-26-2006, 12:22 AM
Many years ago two friends and I were going trick-or-treating for haloween. They both went dressed as adult women (we were about 12 or so), but I didn't. I really wish I had, and as I remember, they both looked pretty good.........Stephanie

Laurie_Ann_CD
11-26-2006, 12:40 AM
When I was 12 at summer camp, we had to do a play. The camp was all boys. Some of us had to be the women characters. I was not one. How I envy the ones had to be the woman. They gone all out. This including wearing a bra and the make up.

Laurie

:2c:

ColleenCD
11-26-2006, 12:50 AM
Many moons ago I was with two best GM friends and a GG girlfriend. She was high up in Mary Kay, and was asked by one of my friends, "Which one of us would make the prettiest girl?" She look carefully at each of us, pointed directly at me and said, "You would." For fear of discovery at a much younger age and emotional state, I changed the subject at the speed of light, loosing the best chance ever to have been made over when I would have been at my most gorgeous point in my life. Oh well, I still dream about such things.

Colleen

iwearpanties
11-26-2006, 08:00 AM
wow where was i i never got that ever by a mom or friend or girlfriend

MarinaTwelve200
11-26-2006, 01:39 PM
Many years ago two friends and I were going trick-or-treating for haloween. They both went dressed as adult women (we were about 12 or so), but I didn't. I really wish I had, and as I remember, they both looked pretty good.........Stephanie

It was the same with ME about that age. Both of my "trick or treat" friends dressed as women, Apparently that was quite a popular costume among boys my age group then (early 1960s) I didn't dress however---Looking back, I COULD have done it, and no one would have said or thought anything of it----but I foolishly had to keep my macho front and missed out on a great experience.

My mother would have been all too eager to help. I often imagine what it would have been like. ALthough she didnt lnow about my little hobby,I sometimes engaged in when home alone, She would often tease me about dressing me up with some of her stuff, just to watch my negative (but funny to her) reaction. She likely would have dressed me to the nines and even down to fingernail polish, makeup and a generous application of her red lipstick.

Joy Carter
11-26-2006, 02:42 PM
God why did I aways look at my female peers when I was a kid and wish I could dress like that. I guess I know the answer to that question now.:o