PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Horror show Bradford uk

Ellie C
11-24-2006, 05:14 PM
had amazing time at the show as always , its one of those things you either love or loathe lol , I LOVE IT !!!!!

Kimberly
11-24-2006, 08:13 PM
... need to watch that movie.

Rachel Morley
11-24-2006, 08:26 PM
I've seen the movie about 6 times but the show is the one! Every time I've been to the theater musical it's one massive fun audience participation party of outrageous dress up fun.....with of course lots of crossdressing!

MarlaGG and I went to the Sacramento Rocky Horror and Hookers Ball last weekend. Checkout this link to the picture forum for some photos.
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45286

If you're not a member here, then you'll have to go to Marla's Yahoo 360 blog where you'll get to see more pictures plus a full account of our fun :D
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-4wJUrx08erREtjl3CGIxmQ--?cq=1&p=630

"Don't dream it - be it!" :D

trannie T
11-24-2006, 09:29 PM
Rent or buy the dvd before going to a performance, it will help you understand what's going on. You've got to love any musical with the song "I'm a Sweet Transvestite."

AlyssaT
12-02-2006, 12:36 AM
I'm a super-fan!

Back in college I performed in front of the screen at the regular Saturday midnight showing every week. I was usually Brad, but occassionally other characters--Janet, Magenta, Rocky.

It was when my best pal saw how much I strangely enjoyed being Janet that he asked me if I was a crossdresser. I said sure!

But the stage show is utterly incredible. I saw it in NYC--too bad it's not there anymore. I strongly suggest that everyone see it if they can!

Stephenie S
12-02-2006, 01:41 AM
Yeah, it's a movie, but it's really a SHOW. And what a show. I hear it has been toned down a bit lately due to PC and safety concerns but I remember fantastic audience participation. We all learned the lines and shouted them at the screen. "Where's your neck?" Squirt guns, lighters, newspapers, and, of course, the costumes. What absolute fun! You just can't get that from a movie. Ahh well, the good old days . . . . .sigh.

Stephenie

mylitta
12-02-2006, 05:23 AM
The show is fantastic- I remember the first time I went- everyone slinking into the theatre covered up in coats and then leaving at the end, inhibitions gone, stockings and suspenders on display, walking through the streets. And it shows how many men, who wouldn't think of themselves as CD really love getting on the clothes and make up. makes you think doesn't it?

Vicky_Scot
12-02-2006, 05:43 AM
Luv It...........:thumbsup:

But the only thing is that that show has left a defining legacy in the mind of society that all cd'ers are like the character Frank n Furter and that is how the uneducated perceive us.

Sad but true.

Kate Simmons
12-02-2006, 06:52 AM
It's okay I guess. Still picking rice out of my purse from last year though.:happy: Ericka Kay

Daizy Chains
12-02-2006, 06:52 AM
When i was younger I was luckly enought to MD a staging of the show in Scotland my then girlfriend's brother played frank n furter
it was great fun
Daizy
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

myMichelle
12-02-2006, 08:11 AM
A timeless classic, to be sure...as for me, I'm just a sweet transvestite from transexual transylvania!...LOL