PDA

View Full Version : Is going out dressed macho?

Dena
11-24-2006, 11:11 PM
I don't go out dressed anymore, it struck me (my wife agrees) that a guy dressing as a woman and going out in public is a macho thing. Kind of like
climbing a mountain or some other risk taking activity.

Your thoughts?!

Kieron Andrew
11-24-2006, 11:13 PM
i think the total opposite i think it shows you are willing to put yourself in situations that can possibly make you feel quite vulnerable! and to feel so vulnerable is a girl/feminine thing!

Rebecca Petersen
11-24-2006, 11:17 PM
Golly, I must be doing it wrong, because the last thing I feel is "Macho." Maybe it's just me.
Rebecca

Jesse69
11-24-2006, 11:28 PM
No way is it macho!

windycissy
11-24-2006, 11:35 PM
I think your wife is right to the extent that it takes courage to put yourself out there and expose yourself to the risk of exposure and humiliation....but macho isn't the word I would use, as I don't think of courage as exclusively masculine. Which is the greater challenge: playing to win in sports or business, or risking your life in childbirth?

Byllie
11-24-2006, 11:36 PM
Macho? Brazen, perhaps, if you're decked out to the nines. Definitely not macho.

Jenna1561
11-24-2006, 11:59 PM
Macho? - Definitely Not. It is when I feel the most feminine.

Jenna

trannie T
11-25-2006, 12:33 AM
It takes some guts to go out en femme. It takes courage for a man to be seen wearing women's clothing.
Crossdressing in public is not for cowards.

ArleneRaquel
11-25-2006, 12:39 AM
I feel like a woman, and I go out enfemme all the time.:love: From Maureen

Dee Model
11-25-2006, 01:18 AM
A genuine Cross Dresser going out in public with the aim of passing as a GG is an act that is anything but macho. They have my greatest respect and admiration and one day I hope to join them...after I have studied the art, as it were, of the female 'aspect'.

The other form is indeed 'macho' and primarily concerns the 'bloke' or 'jock' type that frequent city centres dressed in a vile parody of the female form. They invariably dress in either a single slip garment with/without hideous blonde curly wig. Very hairy arms and legs seem to be a requisite of this particular animal. They are, by degrees, vile, uncouth, loutish, and billigerent: so protective of their pathetic 'machismo'.

They think it's all a big laugh. They disgust me. Fools.

They are the type that not only fear the unknown, they'd like to knock it into next week. Best avoided I find...not the most enlightened of individuals.

But, it's a big world out there with many genuine free thinkers out there.

Ok. I've gone on long enough!:2c:

Sweet Jane
11-25-2006, 02:18 AM
I dunno...maybe I am femme after all..

obviously I am not "macho" enough...a little more macho, and I'd conquer my intense fear of going out (can't count a couple of drives)...it terrifies me...I just cannot do it....

Kate Simmons
11-25-2006, 03:15 AM
Not "macho" per se, but I do agree that in my case, I have to be a man to be a "woman".:happy: Ericka/Rich

Michelle Hart
11-25-2006, 03:22 AM
Hmmm......

A few weeks back I went to a SF get together, I wore my Pink...Yes Pink womens running shoes, my cruel gir jeans and a sweat shirt.

One of the guys noticed but did'nt say anything until later when someone else noticed. my Wife was with me and was ready to defend me but I just calmy said

"Hey man.....Real men wear pink"

That was it....

No jabs no harasment, nothing. They did kid me about it a couple of days later but. It really was no big deal.

Just a thought but it's really all about presentation and confidence.

loki_uk
11-25-2006, 04:10 AM
The other form is indeed 'macho' and primarily concerns the 'bloke' or 'jock' type that frequent city centres dressed in a vile parody of the female form. They invariably dress in either a single slip garment with/without hideous blonde curly wig. Very hairy arms and legs seem to be a requisite of this particular animal. They are, by degrees, vile, uncouth, loutish, and billigerent: so protective of their pathetic 'machismo'.

They think it's all a big laugh. They disgust me. Fools.

They are the type that not only fear the unknown, they'd like to knock it into next week. Best avoided I find...not the most enlightened of individuals.

But, it's a big world out there with many genuine free thinkers out there.

Ok. I've gone on long enough!:2c:

Perhaps they don't shave because they're in the closet, partner doesn't know

I'm probably one of the vile parodies you're talking about, I'll never look like a woman I'm too tall, too hairy..my wife would never accept me shaving she likes me to look a bloke.

Is a 'twue' crossdresser only one that can shave all over ?

ArleneRaquel
11-25-2006, 04:18 AM
Only if you equate macho with courage. It takes alot of courage to go out as a woman and face ( potentially ) all kinds of ridicule and harassment.:love: From Vamp Maureen

Kate Simmons
11-25-2006, 04:33 AM
Only if you equate macho with courage. It takes alot of courage to go out as a woman and face ( potentially ) all kinds of ridicule and harassment.:love: From Vamp MaureenAs Ericka, I'm always ready to defend myself physically if necessary. I've learned through experience (my wife was my best "teacher") that a good biting "comeback" can inflict more damage to the male "ego' than a punch though!:happy: Ericka/Rich

Joy Carter
11-25-2006, 06:04 AM
This is one of those individual things. Myself I have been out once and hoping to get out more. I felt completely natural like I really was meant to be Joy. Some people made comments but nothing bad. I guess with me it would be a combination of things that would attribute to my not being afraid and Macao would not be one. Another thing would be that I have spent my whole life in the closet and it was like a large personal victory to me getting out. So even if it there would have been fear I would have stuck it out and gone again till I felt comfortable with it. :D Oh and Macho is much over rated. Iv'e seen women put guys to shame when it comes to bravery. :heehee:

myMichelle
11-25-2006, 07:27 AM
Only if you equate macho with courage. It takes alot of courage to go out as a woman and face ( potentially ) all kinds of ridicule and harassment.:love: From Vamp Maureen

I definitely do not disagree with this statement...but I've never looked at it as a matter of courage. To me, it's all about being true to myself. Period. If that makes me courageous, so be it, but that's not my motivation.:2c:

Karren H
11-25-2006, 07:49 AM
Wouldn't call it that but it certantly is courageous....and a blast!!

Karren

MsJanessa
11-25-2006, 12:19 PM
I wouldn't call it macho but it certainly can be an adventure

suzy
11-25-2006, 12:22 PM
I would not call it macho....but it does take guts... It is also a sweet feminine action that I enjoy doing.:love:

Calliope
11-25-2006, 04:01 PM
Great thread topic. I think your wife is onto something, at least a bit. Willing to be so vulnerable could be seen as risktaking. The big factor is (1) your location and (2) your presentation. Possibly dressing like a hooker in East Illinois would be a 'nerves-of-steel' experience. Dressing like grandma in SF, on the other hand, is - cottage cheese with a small house salad.

Amy Hepker
11-25-2006, 04:05 PM
Macho, I don't think so. Does your wife mean that you would beat the hell out of anyone who makes comments about you dressing up??? I mean I feel soft gental and girly, embarrassed, shy, bashful, scared to death, but macho I don't think so.

MJ
11-25-2006, 04:17 PM
macho me sorry i don't think so.. I mean I feel soft genital and girly, embarrassed, shy, bashful, , but macho I don't think so. i am with Amy on this one ..
correct me if i am wrong but macho is a guy thing... so when en-femme we do the chick thing right ? or do i have to do my home work again .. hugs

Lisa Golightly
11-25-2006, 04:22 PM
I get what you're saying, but tbh I'm as macho as .... hmmmmmmmm.... Diana Dors :)

Julie York
11-25-2006, 05:11 PM
I know what you mean. In fact someone brought up the same idea once.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28921&highlight=macho

:D

Sage GG
11-25-2006, 05:49 PM
rather than macho I would use words like courageous and brave.

carla smith
11-25-2006, 05:51 PM
Interesting, I have been criticized for being too macho. It was one of the main reasons that I tried dressing. I wanted to really feel as a female, to be feminized to the point that I would have all of the sensations of being female. Including being seen and veiwed as female.

I did not know that dressing would be an adrenaline rush, similar to a summit attempt...lol! (I am a climber) But it is for me...or rather it was, until you come to the realization that your bigest critic is usually yourself!

But, I have to say that I am not more macho! In fact, crossdressing has awoken me to the realization that I had allowed myself to judge people harshly for not conforming to what I thought was acceptable. (Is that being Macho or just stupid?) Now I look on things differently, as I adjust my stockings and and make sure my lipstick is ok!

Have fun out there!

SherriePall
11-25-2006, 05:53 PM
I once read about a bumper sticker that read: "It takes _ _ _ _ _ to wear a dress." You can fill in the blanks. It might take them to wear a dress, but once we do, honey, we're all femme.

Victoria Anne
11-25-2006, 06:20 PM
macho ..no way its a very soft feminine act that takes great courage and confidence which I hope to someday do but frankly it scares the hell out of me

tekla west
11-25-2006, 06:42 PM
Going out is NOT macho. It is simply REAL. Real can be dangerous. Those who fear stay home and finish life in thier spare time. Those who find away past that fear, find that the real world ain't all that bad after all.

jenniferfvs
11-25-2006, 07:20 PM
It seems everyone has consistantly agreed... not macho. When I'm dressed, I'm about as macho as Doris Day!

CarmenG
11-25-2006, 07:39 PM
look at the bright side of this,"NO MAN LAWS":bonk: :rofl:

Stacie Stockman
11-25-2006, 07:57 PM
When I went out last month to my halloween party, nearly every woman at the party, told me that to go out dressed like I was, I must have some real cojones. 2 women told me some nasty comments and some of the guys wanted to date me but I felt GREAT, like the moment Neal Armstrong walking on the Moon, or Chuck Yeager breaking the sound barrier.

tekla west
11-25-2006, 10:35 PM
When I'm dressed, I'm about as macho as Doris Day!
>I'm not sure that is what everyone intended to express. If you want to pick a fight with me when I'm dressed, you just might find me a bit more vicious then when I'm in drab - as I would tend to think in that sitution that I have a lot MORE to lose if I lost.

Dena
11-27-2006, 01:58 AM
Thanks for your replies. Macho may not have been the best word for what I
was getting at. I certainly don't feel macho when I get all dolled up. I was
thinking of the stereotype of males being more adventurous and risk taking
than females, which many of you understood.

Calliope
11-27-2006, 02:09 AM
I felt GREAT, like the moment Neal Armstrong walking on the Moon, or Chuck Yeager breaking the sound barrier.

Or Valentina Tereshkova, first woman in space. Bit of Soviet history for ya.

Lisa Maren
11-27-2006, 03:12 AM
What would a macho guy say if you asked him to put on a pair of pantyhose and a skirt and walk around town? Macho? No. For me it's all about finding/being myself. It does take guts to go out in public (as so many have said) though.

PS - That bumper sticker is incomplete. It should read: "IT TAKES _____ TO WEAR A DRESS, BUT THEY'RE A PAIN WHEN WEARING PANTYHOSE!"

Hugs,
Lisa

gennee
11-27-2006, 11:52 AM
Dressing up is definitely NOT macho. It shows that you are willing to express another side of your personally. Being macho means that you have to prove your masculinity and that can get tedious.

Gennee

Naomi
11-27-2006, 12:00 PM
I don't go out dressed anymore, it struck me (my wife agrees) that a guy dressing as a woman and going out in public is a macho thing. Kind of like
climbing a mountain or some other risk taking activity.

Your thoughts?!

Hi Dena, i myself think going out dressed up is not a macho thing to do. but it is a brave line to cross. and i hope i dont take to long in doing so myself. i just need to develope a girly sense of fashion. Naomi soooo doesnt want to stand out as a tranny. Ggggg

Naomi
11-27-2006, 12:02 PM
Dressing up is definitely NOT macho. It shows that you are willing to express another side of your personally. Being macho means that you have to prove your masculinity and that can get tedious.

Gennee

Tedious is so acurate a word to use Gennee x