PDA

View Full Version : is it a girl thing?

wannabie
11-25-2006, 01:26 AM
I'm not sure if its in style or not but I'm seeing more and more women wearing skimpy clothing. I used to dress that way when I was a teenager, but I've grown since then. I don't mind it so much but I'm seeing more mature ladies dressed in mini skirts and very revealing tops and I'm thinking "OMG is she for real?". I just want to know if any one has any ideas, why wear the skirt that goes just below or just above the butt?

AmberTG
11-25-2006, 01:40 AM
That does seem to be the style now. Thanks to tv advertising and magazine advertising, that seems to be more the normal now.

Kate Simmons
11-25-2006, 03:30 AM
Sounds like a mid life crisis to me. Their "time clock" is running and they need self re-assurance. Either that, or they just want to look nice. Who know what goes on in those pretty little heads anyway? Being a guy(who is a CD) is confusing enough for me.:happy: Ericka/Rich

Brianna Lovely
11-25-2006, 03:41 AM
Maybe there's hope for me yet. Do you think there are many sixty year old ladies wearing mini skirts? giggle
I'll have to check out the local malls and see what's happening in my area.

Lisa Golightly
11-25-2006, 05:50 AM
Ah, you have one life... Who cares what anyone thinks.

Kieron Andrew
11-25-2006, 05:52 AM
less is more???

myMichelle
11-25-2006, 07:31 AM
Ah, you have one life... Who cares what anyone thinks.

I wholeheartedley agree...You know what they say about great minds thi8nking alike:love:

Kieron Andrew
11-25-2006, 07:35 AM
Ah, you have one life... Who cares what anyone thinks.totally agree....be yourself, express yourself, be free!

MsJanessa
11-25-2006, 09:48 AM
for Me its not so much an age thing but a figure thing---if the GG or TG has anice slim figure then dressing in short tight clothing(in the right circumstances--ie nightclub, bar etc and not the local shopping mall) is ok--it's when the woman is question has, ahem weight issues etc that maybe they should be wearing something more flattering to their particular body shape---nothing is more unattractive that somebody built like a sumo wrestler but dressing like Britany Spears.

Georgette
11-25-2006, 09:57 AM
Also all the older laies showing more& more cleavage. It does make me a little envious of them as I can't show much. LOL:devil:

carla smith
11-25-2006, 06:15 PM
know what men like to see! :doh: GG's have a thing about appropriate dress that they learned from their grandmothers, which is ok, just don't expect me to dress like your grandmother too!

These inappropriate gals and gurls have found out that men are attracted to good figures under a mini skirt, or bikini, or tight assed jeans,.....get the picture!

I know, after about forty things start to sag, but many are finding there way to the gyms and as a result of good nutrition and workouts....they look hot! Why not flaunt it if you have worked hard for it!

Have fun out there1

Sierra Evon
11-25-2006, 06:20 PM
Your as young as you feel I guess....I tend to dress very teenish .....

Victoria Anne
11-25-2006, 06:26 PM
age is only a number,if you dont mind it does'nt matter so if youve got it go for it

tekla west
11-25-2006, 06:40 PM
Hey, if you dress to impress your grandmother, you will wind up dating your grandmother. You want to date men, wear what they like.

And age ain't nothing but a number. I know some women who are fifty and look awesome in things that some 16 year olds are just not fit to wear. Its all about the body, baby.

AnnaMaria
11-26-2006, 07:02 AM
I would have to agree that a lot of the influence comes from the current style from the fashion world. But at the same time I would also have to say that a lot of the older women who are dressing in shorter and tighter clothes has a lot to do with the fact that they are unafraid to show off what they have been given. To be honest I think that is the most influential part of the situation overall. The women who are wearing the shorter fashions are trying to say to the world that they are proud of what they have and want to share it with the world even if that means turning a few heads.

Of course in my experience a lot of women actually see the fashion world as part of a compatition with other women to determine who looks the best. Human nature is to be drawn to the person that is the most capable of reproduction. Which means the woman or man that is the healtheist and the most attractive. At the most primitive level that is what we all want, at least in our sub-concious mind that is what we want.

The problem is that for some people, once they have reached their goal of finding the "perfect" mate they tend to let themselves go because they figure that they have nothing to prove any longer so why expend the energy required to maintain the facade. The only difference between us and the animal kingdom in this particular area of life is that some of us have these feelings of security because we have achieved our goal of a mate. In the animal kingdom the compition continues throughout the majority of the lifecycle because they don't have the same moral code that humans live by. For most of the animal kingdom the idea of multiple partners is simply a matter of propigation with the most likly to produce the best result no matter who the strongest happens to be. There are very few animals who mate for life and live out life in a monogamus relationship. For both humans and animals alike the ultimate goal is survival of the fittist at all costs so why not flaunt what you got. If you got it to flaunt that is.

Anna

tanya3
11-26-2006, 07:29 AM
i wear that type of clothing . i like the way i looks on me and so does my wife. you see she buys my clothes for me . i wear a size 7 juniors and i;m in great shape so why not flaunt what i have ? no midlife crisis here i don't have time i just like to look good . i agree lisa , who cares !!!!!!!!!

DarLynn
11-26-2006, 08:08 AM
the shorter the skirt the better. i love to tease.

Iniquity Blonde GG
11-26-2006, 08:17 AM
well, i think that lot of the clothes in stores @ mo, are aimed @ the "xmas side " of stuff. parties, work do's etc ! but i have also noticed fancy jeans are very in @ mo :D ( i know i bought sum, like hipster ones with dimanties on ) :p when i was chatting with the assistant in shop where i get my clothes from, she said that : " the fancy faded jeans are a big seller tis xmas with women, and are buying the low cut fancy tops to go with them as they look very dressy, and trendy". and being a GG i went straight for em :D personaly the "short skirt" look to me is abit tarty, ( sorry just my view), u can still look seductive and sexy with a longer skirt, boots with heels, and a gorgeous shirt/blouse. tis the art of teasing that does it, having clothes that reveals all, doesnt always work, but having something stylish, elegant, well...... trust me on this one lol !! :D

Deidra Cowen
11-26-2006, 08:36 AM
I still do not see many GGs in Atlanta wearing skirts long or short...wish they were wearing them more, I would love for fashions to move along from the dressed down thingy that has been going on for almost 10 years.

trannie T
11-26-2006, 07:15 PM
It seems that the bare midriff look is going away, thank goodness. For every little hard-bellied girl, there were several 'muffin tops.' There is such a thing as too much information.

Rachel Newark
11-26-2006, 07:22 PM
less is more???

If less is more

how much more is more ???

Rachel Newark

Calliope
11-26-2006, 07:31 PM
I think it's a boomer thing. People, for the most part, are eating and exercising better than they used to. These clothes are the instant reward. If I wasn't cursed by psorisis, I'd wear shorter skirts myself. Out here in Menlo Park, though, it's still (brown & pink) hoodies and running pants, for the most part.

Marla S
11-26-2006, 07:41 PM
The lenght of the skirts shouldn't depend on the age but on the shape of the legs.
I see no reason why a grandma should dress like a grandma.
A good sense of style counts.

dann
11-26-2006, 07:41 PM
I'd say, if you see something you like, try it on. If it looks good (and isn't designed for the strip joint....unless that's where you're going) wear it. Screw your age! GG and TG, For cryin' out loud, why deny yourself the right to feel good, and mabye even youthfull if you look good in what you're wearing? But be honest with yourself. Take a good look in the mirror before you go out and think about where you're going. If it all adds up, go for it.The again, this is coming from someone who hasn't set foot out of the house en femme. I'm just saying what I would do.

cheers,
dann

wannabie
11-26-2006, 11:30 PM
It seems that the bare midriff look is going away, thank goodness. For every little hard-bellied girl, there were several 'muffin tops.' There is such a thing as too much information.

I agree with trannie. sometimes there's too much information. there should be a bit of modesty in the look your going for.

I also don't agree about 'dressing like the grandmother' theroy. the kind of women that men are attracted to and some of us in this forum wants to look or be like looks nothing like the average grandmother (of course I'm speaking for myself). However I do understand the need to feel and look sexy.