PDA

View Full Version : Wigs

Kate Simmons
11-25-2006, 06:55 AM
I figured I'd post a "wig" thread to give us all a 'break" from the panty threads. I was wondering what styles and colors everyone likes. Also, how many do you have? I have around 60 of all different styles, cuts and colors. Some of them you've seen in my avatar, some of them you have never seen. I've been preferring the straight cuts lately as they are easier to manage(no fuss, no muss, plop on and go) and do things with like up-do's , etc. Even so, being a "girl', I still like the curly ones but they require a little more care. I really never know which one I'm going to wear until I get done dressing as each one seems to have a look and personality all it's own. So, tell me about your favorites and why they are your favorites.:happy: Ericka/Rich

Debb
11-25-2006, 07:10 AM
Holy cats! 60 -- as in sixty -- wigs? Wow.

I have four. Since I have naturally curly // wavy hair (the kind all the girls seem to want), I prefer straight hair. Go figure.

One of my wigs has almost as much wave as my natural hair, and it's the one I like the very least.

Darker browns work best on me, and of the four wigs, three of them are "chocolate" brown. One is shoulder-length (it falls below my shoulder because I have a shorter neck); the other two are fairly short.

In fact, since half of my wigs are actually shorter than my real hair, I have recently decided just to go with the real stuff. Heck, if I can't see the developing bald spot, it's not there, right???? Right? .. anyone?

Kathrynn
11-25-2006, 07:48 AM
I only have 3

1) long, red
2) little short bob, red
3) medium length, red
my natural skin color is fair and my (natural) hair color was auburn. So red is my natural color
Kathrynn

Kate Simmons
11-25-2006, 07:59 AM
.....are blondes, brunettes, frosteds and reds (just for Tina).:happy: Ericka

Kristen Marie
11-25-2006, 08:05 AM
I have three also.

I have a short blonde wig that works well with my black and red outfits. It was my first "expensive" purchase. Fun and looks great with huge sparkly earrings.

I have a brown, shoulder length wig. It was my first and although it's almost ratty now, I cannot part with it. Goes with everything.

And my newest one is long auburn beauty, from Rene of Paris. Wispy banks and many layers. Have not figured out the perfect outfit for it yet. But I keep trying.

My next purchase will be a light brown. Can't wait.....

Karren H
11-25-2006, 08:06 AM
I like, auburn, brunette, black, blonde in that order......and medium length, short, long in that order and love human hair mostly though have a few synthetic wigs.... Had 16 wigs but downsized to 6 currently...

Karren

Billie1
11-25-2006, 08:11 AM
Wow!
If I had that many to chose from, I would never be able to decide. I'm sooo jealous!:yrtw:
I have three, one close to my natural hair color (No. 6 Brown), but lately have been wearing a lighter brown/blonde mixed shade. Like Bethany Marie, my natural hair is quite wavy, and I am attracted to the straighter wigs. They are easier to just shake, and wear.
Now that I've read your post, I have to work on expanding my collection!:daydreaming:
Be beautiful, Be yourself!:battingeyelashes:

Kate Simmons
11-25-2006, 08:19 AM
Wow!
If I had that many to chose from, I would never be able to decide. I'm sooo jealous!:yrtw:
I have three, one close to my natural hair color (No. 6 Brown), but lately have been wearing a lighter brown/blonde mixed shade. Like Bethany Marie, my natural hair is quite wavy, and I am attracted to the straighter wigs. They are easier to just shake, and wear.
Now that I've read your post, I have to work on expanding my collection!:daydreaming:
Be beautiful, Be yourself!:battingeyelashes:
Don't kid yourself Billie, I get a lot of them on sale due to being discontinued. Even so, I have a few "duds" that I never wear. Never know until you try sometimes. I deal with Beauty Trends, The Wig Company, Paula Young (and Especially Yours--which is part of Paula Young) and Gold Medal Hair Products--all good stuff.:happy: Ericka

Kimkandy
11-25-2006, 08:29 AM
I have two wigs, red and ash blonde. I like long straight hair wigs.

I prefer the red wig. I have my eye on two more blonde and black wigs about 20" length.

Any tips on wearing? Do you get problems with them slipping or blowing off on windy days?

Kim

:dom::gorgeous: :gorgeous: :gorgeous:

Kate Simmons
11-25-2006, 08:34 AM
Just one Kim. I learned a while back that if I cut down a panty liner, and put it on my forehead, it prevents those damn lines caused by the wig cap. Not neat having something like that to explain if you have to go to work after dressing. I've never had a problem with the wind either. I figure if it doesn't fall off the way I dance sometimes, it ain't going anywhere.:happy: Ericka

MsJanessa
11-25-2006, 08:50 AM
I look best as a blonde(My natural color)--I have three wigs---a short blonde one aka a plop and go--a longer blonde human hair wig which I am wearing in the avatar photo and the other photo in My profile----I have to go to My hairdresser to have it put in an updo but recently a friend of Mine taught Me how to tease it--and the third wig, same type and style as the second but as a redhead---looks good when I'm wearing lighter browns and grays or lighter colors than My standard black leather--:dom:

Deidra Cowen
11-25-2006, 09:19 AM
60 wigs?????? I am very jealous. I only have four (right now only really wear two of them)...but I do buy only very top notch quality wigs, with micro mesh hairlines and all that for a good natural look. So spending $300 or so means every wig I buy has to work and is a bit of an investment!

Tina Dixon
11-25-2006, 09:22 AM
Wow sixty, I have just the one that you see me wear, may be some day I'll look in to others, but as style goes I like the long straight look and I would like to try blonde next and mybe a real dark one for that goth look some day.

Shannon CD
11-25-2006, 11:10 AM
I have 2;

1 long black
1 shoulder length brown/auburn

Both straight, curly or wavy does not seem to look right on me. I am going in for a fitting to get the right size and a better quality wig this week.

DeniseNJ
11-25-2006, 11:23 AM
I have 3 wigs a long straight dark brn, a short frosted ash and a medium alburn .. Ever since I ordered some wigs from paula Young and used Denise as a name. I keep getting a catalog with Denise on it. At first I would try and get the mail and hide it from the wife and kid but now I just say it must be a mistake and don't care!!

suzy
11-25-2006, 12:16 PM
I have 9 wigs....Some are short, some medium, and some are long.. I hate the short and most of the medium. I love the long wigs. I have one medium blonde that curls under my chin that I prefer.... The long curly one is a bit much but the long straight is my favorite.. I have red, brown, and blonde as basic colors...I prefer the blonde best but the others come in handy when the mood strikes.:D

Amy Hepker
11-25-2006, 12:33 PM
I am jelious of all of you, I don't have any. I had to get rid of the only one I had, before my Xwife and I split up. I tried to make her happy by throwing out everything. Well it didn't work and I lost my shoulder length Brunette semi curly wig. It broke my heart to lose it. I still have not bought another one as of yet. My SO tells me to let my hair grow long, but with it thinning in front, it stii does not look good.

Samantha B L
11-25-2006, 12:45 PM
I have 4.I bought all of them almost 20 years ago.I have 2 of the "flip with a sidebang"type that are the same color as weeds,garbage and gravel in a weeds,garbage and gravel driveway.You buy them trundled.You see,the store stock delivery truck runs over them,then they're ready to sell.I have a long but cut right "at the shoulders" wavy peroxide blonde wig that's a steal at the 3 dollars that I paid for it at a yard sale.My pride and joy is a long"right at the shoulders"dark brown with hints of black and red.

Victoria Anne
11-25-2006, 12:58 PM
I have none I can't decide on style or length yet alone color and my wife is not so much help in deciding though she is helpful in that she will tell "that wont work for you" I have been caught dressed with make up and no wig makes it worse. I need to go shopping.

Vash
11-25-2006, 01:40 PM
3 for me.
My fave medium length dark brown
Shoulder length reddish/brown
Medium length brown braided
But all this talk about wigs makes me now want to go shopping for a new wig. I have been trying to find one with hints of grey for that more "mature" look. To me, wigs are one of the best things about dressing. It can so radically change how you look and offers many different looks

Daizy Chains
11-25-2006, 01:54 PM
I have five blonde bob, blonde curly long black strait,and a long blackwith red highlights

Cliff
11-25-2006, 03:57 PM
How do y'all store your wigs? Do you keep them on foam heads, or put them back in their original boxes/bags?

Kate Simmons
11-25-2006, 04:17 PM
Some are hanging up, some in the boxes. They go on no head styrofoam or otherwise except my own.:happy: Ericka/Rich

Carroll
11-25-2006, 06:43 PM
I have 7 wigs, but basiclly only wear two or three. I prefer the lighter color blonde/ash colors, shoulder length or longer.

Sierra Evon
11-25-2006, 07:00 PM
Well for me I've not yet owned one , but have thought about it many times
I want to have my hair down to my waist and if it doesnt get there , I'm going with a wig for sure....my natural hair color in lite brown , , but I might like to go with an auburn style stright long hair wig ...

Kate Simmons
11-25-2006, 07:09 PM
Well for me I've not yet owned one , but have thought about it many times
I want to have my hair down to my waist and if it doesnt get there , I'm going with a wig for sure....my natural hair color in lite brown , , but I might like to go with an auburn style stright long hair wig ...I have no choice Hon since I'm bald as Rich. Still, one of these days, I may shave my head and go for a "knockout" bald lady look.:happy: Ericka/Rich

Glenda58
11-25-2006, 10:50 PM
I have 4 wigs 2 short 1 mid Length 1 long and curly. 2 auburn 2 light brown. The short auburn wig is the one I use most when shopping. Don't get read to often in it. The long curly auburn for dressing up and going out at night. The other ones are for home.

Chiana
11-25-2006, 11:32 PM
I have 7 "active" wigs and many more that have been retired. They don't last forever for me if they are worn alot. Most are shorter page boy styles in various blonds. My favorites of all time are a shoulder length ash blond shag style wig that has outlasted many challengers and a custom cut and styled white wedge cut wig. The last one started out as a shoulder length straight wig. 3 salon styling visites finally resulted in the cut I had been looking for. It is very striking. The day it was finally ready, I excitedly rushed from work in my normal drab work clothes to pick up my new wig. When I was leaving the salon with this very visable and distinctive white wig on it's head form, several Harley riders pulled into the parking spots on either side of my car. They were headed to the bar next door to the beauty salon. Perfect.....

I would like to have other wigs custom styled because the results are much better and besides it is just such great fun to sit in that chair and have them work on your hair, even if it is a wig. The lady that did mine said she was fine with the situation before we ever started but I felt she was actually more uncomfortable than I was. She did a good job but I don't think I would go back to her. But I have to admit that I have never had a wig that gave me such joy and satisfaction.

crusadergirl
11-26-2006, 12:19 AM
I have 3 wigs
One is a dark red color long
the other two are dirty blond one is long the other is short.
I like the long ones the best plus i look more like a girl in the long ones.:thumbsup: