PDA

View Full Version : THE question...

Xaff
11-25-2006, 10:16 AM
What do you say when somewhan asks to you:

Are you a boy/men or a girl/woman?

(Some strangers ask that somethimes, right)

Kieron Andrew
11-25-2006, 10:17 AM
guy! thats how i see myself

Tamara Croft
11-25-2006, 10:20 AM
Question - is this question open to all, or are you just asking the FTM members??

CaptLex
11-25-2006, 10:48 AM
Question - is this question open to all, or are you just asking the FTM members??
Do you think that will make a difference, T?

Morgan, nobody has asked me that yet, unfortunately. People still assume I'm female and call me ma'am. I used to let it go, but now I tell them "it's sir." I just love the look on their faces. :heehee:

LaSirenaBella
11-25-2006, 11:17 AM

I say: yes.

Tamara Croft
11-25-2006, 11:19 AM
Do you think that will make a difference, T?Obviously not :rolleyes:

Shelly Preston
11-25-2006, 11:24 AM
Obviously not :rolleyes:

Well it wont unless we know if its an open question or not ????????????

Xaff
11-25-2006, 11:30 AM
Everyone may repley.
Doesn't matter who you are. :D
FtM or MtF or genderqueer.

Tamara Croft
11-25-2006, 11:31 AM
Everyone may repley.
Doesn't matter who you are. :D
FtM or MtF or genderqueer.:eek: then I stand corrected.. my bad :hiding:

If anyone asked me that lol.... I think I'd slap them :p

suzy
11-25-2006, 11:33 AM
Haven't had the experience yet... probably would say "YES" and smile very pretty!:D

Adam
11-25-2006, 12:05 PM
i just say well my names adam what do you think :D works every time lol

Evert
11-25-2006, 12:18 PM
A lot of people ask me that. :eek:

I reply in different ways, it depends on my mood. "Boy" when I'm a little bit grumpy that day. But I also reply with "Would you care?" "Both"...
One time it was a really attractive girl. I said "Depends on you, do you like boys or girls?".
At the moment I said it I thought; What the hell are you doing?!?! :confused:

(By the way, she laughed and walked away :( )

~Dee~
11-25-2006, 01:16 PM
depends on the situation.

ive only ever been asked once .. and i replied with "im a transsexual female"

but for the most part most people can tell what gender im presenting and are polite enough to be civil towards me... (that or they just dont notice)
i pity the poor person who dares call me 'Sir'
:happy:

Xaff
11-25-2006, 02:14 PM

Exactly.
With me there are some people who just can't figure out wheter I a boy or a girl.
(Maybe I look on both sides)

LaSirenaBella
It's a good idee to say just YES.

Stacy GG
11-25-2006, 04:29 PM

lol I think I might have the same reaction as tamara. I don't think anyone has thought of asking me that. though I have been called sir before..usually it's over the phone, and so I assume it's an accident.

Lisa Golightly
11-25-2006, 04:54 PM
What do you want? (But only if they are cute). ;)

Sage GG
11-25-2006, 06:04 PM
according to Dear Abby the answer to an incredibly rude question is

"Why do you want to know?"

RevMoonSerpent
11-25-2006, 07:52 PM
It depends on who I'm with at the time and how I feel. If I'm out with my parents no matter how I feel it's girl. If I'm out with just my husband I either answer guy or genderqueer. Tell them to take their pick. :D

JenniferMint
11-25-2006, 09:19 PM
What do you want? (But only if they are cute). ;)

Ooh, I like your way of thinking :)

Abraxas
11-26-2006, 04:47 AM
I don't get asked that so much anymore. These days people just assume one way or the other.
But when I was younger, and kids would ask me, it would depend on my mood (and who I was with, of course) how I'd answer. It could be 'boy' or it could be 'What do you think?' (said very rudely) or it could be 'The f*ck do you care?'
This reminds me of a time when I was about 14 and I went to the skating rink with my then-boyfriend. We were making a good show of it, holding hands and making out, and a group of kids kept asking us 'are you two gay?' I just said 'What the hell do you think?' Haha!

Poltergeist
11-26-2006, 08:58 AM
I get asked that a lot. If I say anything they'll definitely know I'm a girl, so sometimes I just smile and walk away. If I answer, it's usually "that depends on my mood" or "I don't know, but please let me know if you figure it out".

Marlena Dahlstrom
11-27-2006, 12:41 AM
Just give 'em yer best Duckman imitation (http://frogstar.soylentgeek.com/wav/dm-stare.wav)....
:D

Or if you want to be gentlemanly, just channel Cornfed (http://frogstar.soylentgeek.com/wav/inapprop.wav) instead.
:p

Kieron Andrew
11-27-2006, 12:42 AM
lol love the duckman Marlena

Felix
11-28-2006, 04:18 AM
Good question, well the ppl who have always known me see me as me a butch dyke :heehee: when my partner says "ya a man in disguise" I never know what to say so sometimes I say "maybe" sometimes I just don't say anything. The best ones come from the kids in school they often say "Miss ya look like a boy or man" I say "that's ok I can deal with that, It's the person inside that count's not always what ya see" that usually shuts them up lol. I don't see the point of gettin stressed if ppl who have always known me as one thing refere to me as that and ppl who don't know me call me mate lol I prefere mate! Life is too short to be givin myself an ulcer about it. I might have done a few years ago but now well I will support my friends in what they want but me I just take each day as it comes really, although there are certain things which do knock me off balance as I've talked about in here. One male friend did ask me last week "shall I put Mr, Mrs, Miss or Ms on this form for you?" I said, "Put Ms it's far more fluid". I must admit it did cross my mind to say Mr but thought that might cause a few problem lol I don't need. xx Felix :hugs:

Taylor105
02-16-2007, 10:47 AM
First of all I think it's rude as hell for people to ask. If they can't tell than they should just not give you any label at all in my opinion. When I was in my pre-teen years I had a group of mean girls tease me a lot calling me "it". This one girl would say "what is it?" to me in front of her friends. I had the same exact thing happen to me in a truck stop about ten years ago too by a big burly truckdriver jerk. I live in Hicksville so I made a hasty retreat. People can be so mean.

Dasein9
02-16-2007, 11:45 AM

I reply in different ways, it depends on my mood. "Boy" when I'm a little bit grumpy that day. But I also reply with "Would you care?" "Both"...
One time it was a really attractive girl. I said "Depends on you, do you like boys or girls?".
At the moment I said it I thought; What the hell are you doing?!?! :confused:

(By the way, she laughed and walked away :( )

Evert, I may just steal a couple of these!

I get asked a lot too. Less since I've started social transitioning, though. People just assume one way or the other. The other day I was at the bank. The woman I was chatting with in line said something about my being a woman. But then, when I asked the teller when my deposit would be available, she said, "It'll be in her account first thing in the morning." Same lighting, same clothes, same voice.

MJ
02-16-2007, 07:02 PM
very good question
depending on who asks if it's a little kid then i say i was born a boy but my doctor is helping me become a girl
teenagers and adults i just say keep guessing and :D

ZenFrost
02-18-2007, 08:15 PM
I remember being asked that question a lot even in third grade. I remember that even way back then I told the other kids I was a boy. It was a lot more fun that being a girl. I try to tell people that I'm a guy but then a family member or friend will come along and introduce me as a girl. It's so annoying.

boi_0h
02-19-2007, 09:17 PM
I usually don't get asked this question as I don't really pass well, but on the rare occasion I do get "sir"-ed I don't correct the person (although unfortunately they take a 2nd glance and realize they've "made a mistake" and rectify the situation. Actually once my family was out to breakfast and the waiter called me sir and young man the whole time (my grandmother was livid) but it made me so proud

happyfish
02-19-2007, 10:15 PM
I've never been asked, since I don't really pass that well either. If I did I'd probably just laugh. Or stare blankly. Either way I don't think I'd answer.