PDA

View Full Version : Addicted to dressing?

Kate Simmons
11-25-2006, 10:20 AM
This may sound like a nutty question but no nuttier than some others I've seen,really. From what I've been reading lately, it seems a lot of gals here are more or less addicted to crossdressing, much to the joy of people who sell wigs, makeup and women's clothing. About 20 years or so ago, the the FDA was trying to force vitamins into being available by prescription only. The vitamin companies, natural medicine users and the like won out by writing congressmen, lobbying and things like that. What if the government, persuaded by "moralists" and others decided to ban crossdressing saying it was a positive social evil tearing the counrty apart and needed to be eliminated? To what extent would you go to crossdress? Would you be a member of an underground movement, would you fight for your right to crossdress? Just how far would you go to be your femme self and just how important is it to you? Before you say it could never happen, look at how Russia used to be, how it was in Nazi Germany and how it is now in some other countries. We think things are bad now, they can always be worse. Never say never but always be prepared and have a contingency plan. I know what I would do, but how would you all handle something like this?:happy: Ericka/Rich

Darlene Rochelle
11-25-2006, 10:23 AM
I would go to any length to dress as I please,even if it was banned.

Tina Dixon
11-25-2006, 10:46 AM
Guess I would have a nice kilt collection.

Tessa Wire
11-25-2006, 10:49 AM
I would go to any length to dress as I please,even if it was banned.

I would have to agree, I do believe that I would do the same.

As always Loves :hugs:

Scotty
11-25-2006, 10:55 AM
I think that's why there is a second amendment :D

They couldn't ban alcohol so I wouldn't worry about it...

sterling12
11-25-2006, 12:14 PM
I think an awful lot of us would be practicing "civil disobedience". However, I think such a ban would also force a lot of CDs to finally come out of their closets and hit the streets in protest.

Periodically, the Government gets crazy and fiddles around with "social legislation." Stuff designed to typically restrict people about moral issues. Prohibition is a classic FAILED example of that sort of thing. All the angst and hypocriscy we currently are experiencing (On both sides) about The Abortion Issue, is another example.

Just my opinion but I've always found that we are a lot better off to pass laws about practical, secular, issues. We are a very pluralistic society, so I believe it's better for Our Government to be involved in secular stuff. Religion concerns religion....Government concerns government. In our democracy, it's a bad idea to mix the two things.

So, leave my panties alone! I know this is a hypothetical question, but I just want to say, "keep my CD in the category of my personal rights and freedoms." Anything I do, in reference to my CD, concerns only me and my closest relations.

Imagine all the border crossings! Suddenly, Canada and Mexico become The CD Capitals of The Western Hemisphere. Yeap, there are at least that many of us for that to happen!

Peace and Love, Joanie

MsJanessa
11-25-2006, 12:31 PM
This may sound like a nutty question but no nuttier than some others I've seen,really. From what I've been reading lately, it seems a lot of gals here are more or less addicted to crossdressing, much to the joy of people who sell wigs, makeup and women's clothing. About 20 years or so ago, the the FDA was trying to force vitamins into being available by prescription only. The vitamin companies, natural medicine users and the like won out by writing congressmen, lobbying and things like that. What if the government, persuaded by "moralists" and others decided to ban crossdressing saying it was a positive social evil tearing the counrty apart and needed to be eliminated? To what extent would you go to crossdress? Would you be a member of an underground movement, would you fight for your right to crossdress? Just how far would you go to be your femme self and just how important is it to you? Before you say it could never happen, look at how Russia used to be, how it was in Nazi Germany and how it is now in some other countries. We think things are bad now, they can always be worse. Never say never but always be prepared and have a contingency plan. I know what I would do, but how would you all handle something like this?:happy: Ericka/Rich

All the more reason not to vote republican----it's really ony the so-called christian right that supports that point of view and the only people who listen to them are the right wing of the republican party---oh yeah---it's ok to vote for Rudi Guilliani----I've always suspected he/she is one of us eversince I saw a photo of him/her dressed as Marilyn Monroe in a parade in NYC

Rachel Morley
11-25-2006, 12:42 PM
I agree it is a kind of a nutty question but a fun one too :happy: I guess if it was truly banned it would quite difficult for the police to enforce. What are they doing to do? Look up your skirt to check to see if there's something there that shouldn't be? :D

In all seriousness though, I'd still dress but I wouldn't go out as much and when I did go out I'd probably not go to busy malls to do shopping. I'd stick to a walk in the park or whatever. Mostly I'd dress at home. There's plenty of illegal things that happen in peoples homes all the time today.

Calliope
11-25-2006, 04:14 PM
Babe, I'd handle it the same way I've handled most of my life. I've been underground before, I've been beaten up before and I've been hollered at by professionals. I know the sound of Uncle Sam on the phone and I've faced the wrath of Zionists. I win everytime because getting nabbed and punished only stops those lesser souls who salute sanity and sense. Sometimes nothing is a real cool hand.

Kate Simmons
11-25-2006, 04:24 PM
You all know there was a reason I asked this queston,right? Have you figured it out yet?:happy: Ericka/Rich

Lisa Golightly
11-25-2006, 04:25 PM
If it was 1933 and I was a Berliner... well I'd be expecting a knock on the door.

Calliope
11-25-2006, 04:25 PM
Let's hear it, ya big tease.

Julie York
11-25-2006, 04:40 PM
I'm already a member of an underground movement. It's called crossdressing. It's Soooo secret they don't even have a secret handshake for fear of giving themselves away.

Lisa Golightly
11-25-2006, 04:41 PM
I'm already a member of an underground movement. It's called crossdressing. It's Soooo secret they don't even have a secret handshake for fear of giving themselves away.

Ya not wrong there fella... err, girl :rolleyes:

Calliope
11-25-2006, 05:16 PM
I meant underground in the eyes of the law.

Higher stakes.

Audry
11-25-2006, 05:33 PM
Can you imagine Cops or Bobbies going around with Mirrors on a pole looking up dresses for your Ilk :rolleyes: tee Hee.. we would have to stay tucked!!!:tongueout
What would they do if they cought one of us,,, put us in fashoin jail..
I sure hop it would'nt be a Prison.... I would'nt want to be someones Mate or wife for that matter for a pack of cigarettes
Hee Hee:heehee:

crusadergirl
11-26-2006, 02:28 AM
Like all superheroines i would have to stand up and fight for my rights. I don't stand down for anyone, i fight for the ppl. So yeah i would not hide. No one tells me what i can't do it's my life. Regretless fear nothing

Delila
11-26-2006, 02:41 AM
I would have to say that considering that the majority of cders still dress privately there really wouldnt be a considerable change in the way things work. All that this would really amount to would be a robbing of yet another freedom. There is really no way to tell what people do in private so who is going to know what we do.

ArleneRaquel
11-26-2006, 02:48 AM
Because I am enfemme 24/7 I would have to leave the country. I know that I cannot give up dressing. :love: From Uber - Crossdresser Maureen

tekla west
11-26-2006, 03:03 AM
They would have to get me first. And really, if that was the deal, you could not count the number of ....

Well, our forefathers said "Don't Tread On Me!' They said (and they still say on the licence plates) LIVE FREE OR DIE. I'm just not getting where everyone assumed that it was me who would live free OR DIE.

I indeed to live free, even if you must die for that to happen. After all, can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs, right?

So, if someone did not like it to that point, then they die. And I would not have a second hesitation about making some guy's wife a widow. She could do better anyway is my guess.

As Thomas Jefferson said: "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." If it turns out that its some doughnut eater with a tin badge, well, he knew the job was dangerous when he took it.

And, you do it just like the American Revolution taught us. You don't face them off en mass. You pick them off. One by one. You hide, you run, you use the land, and if you can get a shot off, make it count. Draw them in, then open up with them in the crossfire, and as they run, pick them off, one by one, as they flee. Lexington and Concord RULES!

As it says: We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

I take it as my birthright, fought for by men like my father, my brother, and a lot of my close friends, that if you want to cut short my pursuit of happiness, then I have (the Creator GIVEN) right to end your life. Simple.

Ahh, the Founders. Groovy Cats all.

Kate Simmons
11-26-2006, 04:23 AM
I wanted to see what lengths some of us would go to preserve who we are and our core identities. It seems some would be willing to "break the law", dress underground and even out and out fight for who we are as a person. I would do the same. My identity is everything to me. I didn't come all this way just to be slapped back down. Some of you know by my posts that I am no shrinking violet as Ericka and even now stand up for myself. Many of us have fought in previous wars and conflicts so we can continue to enjoy our basic freedoms. I would see a conflict as this no different. Freedom is worth the fight and free men (or women) have the right to express that freedom any way they see fit as long as it doesn't tread on anyone else's. Thanks for all of your responses. I see I'm not alone in my thinking by a long shot.:happy: Ericka/Rich

Debb
11-26-2006, 06:57 AM
I've come too far to turn away now.

I would probably stop wearing fake breasts, but I think that's all. These are my clothes, not women's clothes, and I will damn well wear them; but breasts are not really necessary to the illusion.

:whistling: ... wishful thinking? I hope not; let's hope we never have to find out.