PDA

View Full Version : My wife told the kids about me today

jenniferfvs
11-25-2006, 04:56 PM
My wife and I have been discussing telling our kids about me recently. We agreed she would be the best one to break the news. They are in their 20s. Two boys with a girl in the middle. She decided today was the day. Actually she hasn't talked to our daughter yet but apparently she knew some time ago. My wife says the youngest shrugged his shoulders and said he already knew about it. He's seen me sneak to the bathroom from my room at night. He also said his sister told him about it. She caught me wearing lipstick once a few years ago. The oldest said he is OK with it but he has to proccess it. The youngest two are fine I think. It's the oldest I'm most concerned about. I have not talked to any of them face to face yet. Have any of you had this experience? What was your result? Thanks girls

MJ
11-25-2006, 05:25 PM
well i have two girls and a boy 22,17 my boy, 15 they know. but i have not seen them it is hard to understand why dad is now living as a woman.. just give them time i wish you well...hugs

Tina Dixon
11-25-2006, 05:27 PM
Good luck, at lease they never turned on you thats a good sign.

Eugenie
11-25-2006, 05:32 PM
I think that children know a lot more than they show to us... My son saw me when he was very young,but has never spoken about it since. He is 34 now. I'm pretty sure my daughter who is 36 + has some hints about it too. But she didn't say a thing either.

I'm in a symetrical situation as yours. I'm the one who would prefer to come out straight with our children. I think they would be accepting. But my wife is totally opposed to the idea. Last year I hinted that I might go with my Daughter and her Girl friend to the Gay Pride in Paris. My wife reacted very badly to the idea "You want your daughter and every one else to know, don't you?" From the tone of her voice I knew that I'd better renounce to this idea of a coming out...

Yet, I'm almost sure that they would prefer me to come out clean as a X-dresser than me hiding it since I'm pretty sure they know.

I think your wife was right in her approach.

I may still decide to come out to my children at some time, sooner or later.

:hugs:

Eugenie

Sandra
11-25-2006, 05:38 PM
Hi,

We told our daughter who was 14 at the time, her first thing she said was " yeah I had an idea" the next thing was " can I borrow your clothes" She has been a total support to her Dad.

I would just give them all a bit of time and let us know how things go. :hugs:

jenniferfvs
11-25-2006, 05:42 PM
Since my original post, my wife has told our daughter a few minutes ago. She said, "cool!" She already knew. She does not want me to introduce myself to her little girl, our grand daughter and I agree. As my wife was telling me this, she stopped and said, "you look really pretty today," and continued. I've got the world on a string - lucky me - I'm in love Now what comes, comes. I'm glad to be out.

Sandra
11-25-2006, 06:03 PM
More good news Jennifer :hugs:

Kate Simmons
11-25-2006, 06:11 PM
My Sons both found out in their teens. Much later I personally told my Daughter who was younger. She took it quite hard but I re-assured her I would always be her Dad no matter what. They seem to be okay but don't go out of their way to visit me.:happy: Ericka/Rich

DonnaT
11-25-2006, 06:32 PM
Sounds nice Jennifer.

My two know, my son (29) has no problem with it and sees me dressed, though not with wig or makeup, most days. My daughter (28) has her own place, so has only seen a picture of a past avatar. I've invited her to the club I sometimes go to, but she declined. She's not said anything negative.

SherriePall
11-25-2006, 06:50 PM
My children are pretty much grown up and out of the house. I wish I could tell them, but my wife wants Sherrie to be our secret. She doesn't want any one else to know. Actually, she doesn't want to know. That you were able to tell them (even if your wife did the telling) and they seem to be acceptable is good.

racquel
11-25-2006, 07:21 PM
It's clear you and your wife raised wonderful children.:thumbsup:

Mary Morgan
11-25-2006, 08:31 PM
I have two grown sons. I told the oldest when he was 21 (now 31) and the youngest when he was 25 (now 26). My oldest has seen me dressed although it was not planned. Neither had much to say. Neither made any negative comments. Neither was shocked or upset. Kids, go figure! Louise