PDA

View Full Version : Pluses & Negatives

NIKKITA
11-25-2006, 09:32 PM
I have been thinking more and more of how to tell my mum about my CDing which then leads to me imagining what could happen. IE: if she was possitive or negative..Now some time ago I told her that my old bud liked to wear womens undies and so i was going to buy him some despite the fact he had'nt told anyone about his CDing As I was ok with it and wanted to surrport him.
To my surrprise she donated two of her basques and bought some silk knickers.. I was'nt sure if she had bought them for him or knew about my CDing but did'nt want to let on until i had told her myself. Anyway to the point, what were the pluses or negiatives of coming out to a family member and how has it impacted on your relationship with them now??
Love and Hugs To All ..Nikki :love:

Amy Hepker
11-25-2006, 09:35 PM
Just tell her, it's alot easier telling mom than Dad. Your mother very well should be accepting of her son. If she thinks you are doing something wrong she will let you know. I am sure she'll have alot of questions for you. be open and express how you feel and what you want to do.

NIKKITA
11-25-2006, 10:07 PM
Hi Amy.
I only wish it was that simple. You see I have a great relationship with my mum and i know she loves me and would do anything for me as i her. But i could not stand the thought of hurting her as when she lost her daughter just after birth she realy wanted a boy when she found that she was pregnent with me. Hence this post to find out how others have delt with it.
love and hugs ...Nikki:love:

MJ
11-25-2006, 11:15 PM
Hi Amy.
I only wish it was that simple.
You see I have a great relationship with my mum and i know she loves me and would do anything for me as i her. But i could not stand the thought of hurting her as when she lost her daughter just after birth she realy wanted a boy when she found that she was pregnent with me. Hence this post to find out how others have delt with it.
love and hugs ...Nikki:love:

so what on earth do you think would happen.. you are way to hard on your self.. she will not lose a son but gain a daughter at times .. how many times have i read here this " as long as you are happy " if you feel you must tell her then sit her down have some pictures with you to show her and talk to your mom . tell her how much you love her. then tell her your secret show your pictures ..

NIKKITA
there are many post here from us girls who told our love ones.. it is not easy but the end result was good for us.. and i was getting upset over nothing in the end it's up to you .. hugs marissa

Glenda58
11-25-2006, 11:52 PM
Nikkita your mum will always love you. I have told my mother and nothing bad happen. She still cooks for me ask me to go with her asks for my help. She doesn't thing bad of me because I dress. The love is unconditional.

Billijo49504
11-26-2006, 12:13 AM
So tell your mother, if she is really pissed, you can move out. But if she is OK wioth it, thwen you 're doing well...BJ

AnnaMaria
11-26-2006, 06:29 AM
Nikkita,

I told my mom almost two yrs ago now and have had nothing but positive things happen between us since. As some of the other girls have said, she is your mom and nothing can change that. I am sure that since she already knows about your friend and had nothing bad to say about him, she will be just as accepting of you.

In my experience people react much the same way to a situation no matter who the person involved is. But, usually more so when the person is their child. My mom and I have always had a great relationship, I have always known that I could talk to her about anything no matter what the situation and she would be understanding and help in any way she could, but it seems to me that since I have told her about myself we have an even stronger connection now than before.

Yes, it was hard to tell my mom that her son was also a daughter to her but I knew that I could not hide it from her any longer because of our relationship, just as I had to tell my wife about myself. I just can't lie to the ones that I love no matter what is going to happen. Of course there is only two people that I have such a close relationship with other than my father who passsed just two months ago after a long battle with poor health. But I was unable to tell him about it because I was afraid that because of his poor health and deminished mental capacity due to strokes that he would spill the beans to the wrong person at the wrong time and I would be rejected by the whole family as a result. So he left this world not knowing that he had a loving caring daughter that would do anything for him. It hurts some times when I think about it but I realize that it was for the best overall.

If your relationship is as strong as you say with your mom then you should sit her down and tell her. I am sure that in the long run she will supprise you with her reaction. Just remember she will have questions and you should be ready to answer them as fully and honestly as possible. That will have the greatest impact on her reaction to the news. Just make sure that you do it when there is plenty of time for the two of you to talk without interuption and a time when she isn't all stressed out over all the other things in life that make this existance so stressful.

Anna

janelle
11-26-2006, 03:31 PM
Be aware dear that she may be ok with it now but givin time to think about she could change her mind. That is what has happened to me. Full support to i don't want to know. Sometimes bad reactions do happen. Good luck.
:love: Janelle

trannie T
11-26-2006, 06:19 PM
I'll bet a dollar she already has a pretty good idea of your dressing.

NIKKITA
11-26-2006, 06:40 PM
Thanks All.
Your input has been great. I am going to try and talk to her tomorrow when she visits, Until then i guess i will have to try and understand my feelings first because i would hate to tell her and not have all the answers to her questions."God my stumach is in knots" but i know i have to do this..
thanks again. :love: