PDA

View Full Version : Won't Shop Online Again

Glenda58
11-26-2006, 12:03 AM
Went shopping today had so much fun trying dresses skirts and top on that when I got home I started to toss out all my catalogs. Putting on a dresses and trying to find the right size or a style thats cute on me is better than any catalog. Have any of you gurls gone thorough anything like this. BTW I was dressed all day. OH I did buy a skirt and top and a dressy shawl for my party night.

Tina Dixon
11-26-2006, 12:12 AM
Oh there will be that day when your surfing the web and see some thing you just got to have, but it sounds like you had a heck of a day.

Amy Hepker
11-26-2006, 12:14 AM
Ata Way Glenda. A dream come true. I wish it would come true for me too.

Glenda58
11-26-2006, 12:19 AM
Ata Way Glenda. A dream come true. I wish it would come true for me too.

Amy just go it will be fun. The SAs are so helpful they even help me pick out some earrings to go with my outfit.

serinalynn
11-26-2006, 12:32 AM
Went shopping today had so much fun trying dresses skirts and top on that when I got home I started to toss out all my catalogs. Putting on a dresses and trying to find the right size or a style thats cute on me is better than any catalog. Have any of you gurls gone thorough anything like this. BTW I was dressed all day. OH I did buy a skirt and top and a dressy shawl for my party night.

I get all the catalogs and on occasin I'll even order something but its fun going to Lane Bryant, Catherines or Torrid and just ask to use a fitting room. The girls working in the stores have even helped to advise how things should fit when being worn. I reall do appriciate those little hints.

Laurie_Ann_CD
11-26-2006, 12:36 AM
Glenda,

I used catalogs for ideas. After looking at catalogs, I go to brick and motars to shop. I know your feeling trying on clothes. I gone thorugh it too.

Also, I want to day "Congrats for real shopping."

Take care,

Laurie:hugs:

Delila
11-26-2006, 02:05 AM
I wish that I had the courage to go and ask to use a dressing room. Congrats to you.

kay_jessica
11-26-2006, 04:40 AM
Oh there will be that day when your surfing the web and see some thing you just got to have........

That is very true Tina, but yes, I now generally only go shopping for Kay as Kay at the high streat store. Have done now for a year or so. It is a great feeling. I am so cumfortable being Kay that I don't care if the sales assistants knows or suspects. Once I tried on two fabulous evening gowns, both with price tags that I could never justify paying, but the SA was most help full. She even zipped the back of my dress up for of them. She did not think that dress suited me as much as the strappy one. The thing is she treated me like any other lady. Off late I have even been venturing into my local shops as Kay. Sooner or later I'm going to see some one I know and then what?

But as the others say, the catalogues are still great to browse through if its chucking down with rain and you have some time to spare. They come into their own when they start their season clearance sales. Then you can get some real bargains. The dress in my profile picture retailed at £85 new but I baught it from the Catalogue end of season sale for a mere £15.00.

Have fun and enjoy

Hugs

Kay

Joy Carter
11-26-2006, 05:20 AM
I think It's a pretty good way to gage sizing using the charts and to see what's available. Me I'm tall and I can't always find what I'm looking for in stores so I buy on line and send it back if it won't fit. I guess I'm a little chicken to try things on in the stores. I just have to muster courage and drive to the next town to shop. I did buy once at a small "Tall Women's" shop and I learned allot from that experience. I'm just to well know in my city to take a chance.

cd_stacey
11-26-2006, 11:21 AM
Glenda, congratulations on your shopping trip! I've never yet had the courage to shop for Stacey as Stacey, although I've had so many disapproving scowls from sales ladies while shopping for her "en drab" that it would probably be less of a hassle. I've recently observed a couple of crossdresses shopping with their SO's and no one paid any notice at all to them in any negative way. I guess I just need to get past my hangups and self-consciousness. Not having a sympathetic SO is a handicap, though.

Glenda58
11-26-2006, 11:01 PM
I've never yet had the courage to shop for Stacey as Stacey, although I've had so many disapproving scowls from sales ladies while shopping for her "en drab" that it would probably be less of a hassle.

Stacey I had the same thing happen when in drab. But going dress they know if I try something on that I will be buying something and the SAs are very helpful. I know when I talk they can tell but they play along and sometimes I get a discount card to come back.

Scotty
11-26-2006, 11:04 PM
I'm at the point where I'm impatient on teh shipping so I use the 2 day or 3 day and it costs a bit, sometimes I will do that.

My next purchase is going to be a VERY low rise pair of faded jeans, and I'm going to have to buy those in person when I find what I am looking for :)

Kieron Andrew
11-26-2006, 11:09 PM
just wanted to pop across and say good for you :)

Seraph
11-27-2006, 05:56 PM

I once bought a pair of female sandals online but they didn't fit. :(

Karren H
11-27-2006, 10:32 PM
I don't buy any clothing online......It's way better to go to a local store and try them on....saves all that wasted time and money shipping and sending back if they don't fit!!

Karren

Glenda58
11-27-2006, 11:32 PM
I don't buy any clothing online......It's way better to go to a local store and try them on....saves all that wasted time and money shipping and sending back if they don't fit!!

Karren

It's a lot more fun trying on in the store almost didn't have room in the fitting room with all the cloths to try on.

Naomi
11-28-2006, 12:50 PM

Hi Glenda. i so want to get to the stage where i feel brave enough to go into real shops trying on clothes.The nearest i get is taking my teenage daughter shopping she thinks i love spoiling her, if only she new of my secret omg. But so far this last couple of days ive spent lots on e-bay and my 1st wig arrived today, wearing it now.Feeling all girly.
Take care
(hugs) Naomi x. ggg.

janedoe311
11-29-2006, 02:54 PM
You will go to a place and have your body scanned and an exact Avatar created. This will then used on line so you can try on clothes at stores.

No more clothes that does not fit. Of course if you gain or loose weight you will have to get another scan.