PDA

View Full Version : friends fear

princessmichelle
11-26-2006, 01:46 PM
Hi,

I need to talk to non-cd friends about my gender issues, but it scares me- has anyone else had success dealing with this?

I recently came out as "wishing I was female" to a married couple who are both very close friends (we usually have Thanksgiving together). They're both want to talk to me about it again to be supportive (THANK YOU!) but it also scares me:

I'm scared that I enjoy talking to the wife about this.
I'm scared that it could hurt our frienship in ways they don't expect.

Thanks.

"Princess" Michelle

Kate Simmons
11-26-2006, 01:55 PM
Not necessarily Princess, if they are true friends you can talk to objectively. True friends will accept you no matter what. I have very few true friends but the ones I do have, I can count on. They give me their honest opinions from their heart and help me to see alternatives. Depending on what you talk about, you should be able to determine if their responses are genuine or not. The point is you are able to talk to them about this. That doesn't mean they are 100% supportive. They may be looking out for what they feel are your best intersets. So, just see what they have to say. It's always good to get another view on things even if the observation is not what you expected. :happy: Ericka/Rich