PDA

View Full Version : Saw a woman that looked a lot like ... me!

Ava Mouse
01-13-2005, 12:33 AM
On my way to lunch today, I passed a hair salon. As usual, lots of ladies getting their hair done by attractive ladies.

And there was one lady that had facial characteristics similar to mine! Totally different hair style, but the nose and chin! It kinda startled me.

On the way back from lunch we passed it again, and I took a closer look. While definitely more feminine than my face, it wasn't my imagination. That is what my face would look like if I had a little surgery and a perfect makeover. Cool.

She did a great job with her makeup, too. I wish I could get a closer look... I do need a haircut...

;)

Julie
01-13-2005, 12:43 AM
Well Ava, that doesn't surprise me. My wife asked me if you were a GG. A lot of women would kill to look as good as you.

Merinda
01-13-2005, 03:27 AM
I'm on the lookout for a merinda lookalike , I found that I was turning Japapanese.
http://image.mailvision.jp/car/20040122/images/03_06.jpg

love Merinda

Tristen Cox
01-13-2005, 04:45 AM
If there was someone here that looked like you Ava I'd have to follow up on that and make conversation if you know what I mean ;)

Love ya
Tristen

Ava Mouse
05-01-2005, 12:22 PM
My Japanese double!

http://kasumin8.hp.infoseek.co.jp/2005/2005_4_5/ikimi8.html

Kasumi is a Japanese CD, a few years older than me, with similar styles/tastes...

Deidra Cowen
05-01-2005, 12:36 PM
I look just like my mom when she was in her forties...its scary. :eek:

Now of course she is/was much better looking. I have to have on tons of foundation to cover my beard, crows feet wrinkles and spotty complexsion. But regardless, when I had my first makeover and had good makeup on...the first thing I said to the makeup artist was "gawd I look just like my mom." ;)

Sharon
05-01-2005, 01:05 PM
She may have your tastes in clothing, Ava, but she doesn't come close to matching your elegance or beauty.
Keep looking! :)

Ava Mouse
05-01-2005, 01:50 PM
Deidra,

I know what you mean, at my first makeover, I looked like my sister! Yikes!

I look just like my mom when she was in her forties...its scary. :eek:

Now of course she is/was much better looking. I have to have on tons of foundation to cover my beard, crows feet wrinkles and spotty complexsion. But regardless, when I had my first makeover and had good makeup on...the first thing I said to the makeup artist was "gawd I look just like my mom." ;)

Deidra Cowen
05-01-2005, 01:55 PM
Thats funny Ava! I love that pic of you? or your sis? lol in front of the store there. Gawd u are slim and pretty.
:D

Cissy Suzie
05-01-2005, 02:00 PM
Ava, I can't get over the illusion you create! Simply beautiful, even your first makeover, and the early pictures on your website.

I sent a link to your website to my friend Faye, she asked me if you were really a girl! Hee hee!

Kasumi really does pose and dress quite like you, but my guess! Obviously you are of Greek or Italian decent? You have such a classic goddess face! :)

Ava Mouse
05-01-2005, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the compliments!

That's me at "Countessa's Closet" about 3 years ago. 1st time out in public, and first makeover. The Countessa is a finicky GG who runs a CD service/salon/boutique near Studio City, CA, and adores the TG community. It's a good place for 1st timers...

I'm a mixture of Irish/Scottish/Eastern European genes... I keep skinny by using the stairs and walking at lunctime. I often meet Marlene for coffee in Seattle before work, too. In drab, of course.

StephanieCD
05-01-2005, 02:55 PM
I've often wondered what it'd be like to meet the girl me... must have been interesting!

And if she looked like you, she must have been pretty.

Sophie Haworth
05-01-2005, 06:26 PM
Ava, on hair styles.

I am not sure how many different hair styles / colours you have tried, but for me the hair makes the biggest difference to my look.

I have tried many different colours and styles, can be very expensive mail order though.

I sometimes just try one on and know that isnt me, some times its not bad.

But "its not bad" is not good enough.

for the last 3 years, i still end up with the one you will have seen in my photos.

I do though have another one on its way.

Tristen`s new style is a great look.

I was just wondering about different styles you have tried.

Sophie.

DanaJ
05-01-2005, 06:37 PM
Ava - you know I think you are so beautiful, I just wish I had your body :) Good find on your "other side of the world" double :)

DanaJ

Ava Mouse
05-01-2005, 06:55 PM
Thanks, Sophie! You're right about the different looks. A wig will make/break your appearance. We can look like guys in a dress/wig or we can appear as women, though not necessarily passable.

Most people will accept it if we do a good job, with taste, respect and attention to detail. If we do a sloppy job, we stand out more, and people will be amused, insulted or simply shocked.

But I'm babbling...

If you've seen my website, which goes up & down due to my need for bandwidth for my job, you'll see I just don't look good in a blonde wig. The short straight brown one looks great on me, as does the black wavy one. I've got a straight, angular face, so straight hair or too curly hair will make my angles stand out. I need just the right wave to break that pattern. I don't like my straight black wig either and have given it away...

ALSO note that in my later black wavy wig pics, I CUT THE WIG! Yup, I gave it bangs and trimmed the fluff at the bottom. Compare the pics to see what I mean. Much nicer, much neater, more natural. Gals, get longer wigs and experiment. Or get a GG to cut your hair. A little trimming will take an awkward wig and make it fit your face perfectly!

BTW, I'm looking for this wig, or similar, anyone seen something like it? I think it'd look good on me, especially the reddish brown color.

I was just wondering about different styles you have tried.

Like2BAspen
05-01-2005, 07:15 PM
Ava I saw a wig like that in a fredericks catalog not to long ago. Thaks for your comments on my glamor shots thread You are and look totally awsome. Iwa sgiven a realy way cool makeover book called MAKING FACES by Kevyn Aucoin. You were talking about wigs and facial structure and This book gives step by step instructions on how to acheiv certain looks. It also says what you need to have to accomplish those looks Some of the pictures are of madeover guys They look soooo hot. The looks range from subtle to way cool cat eyes I love it

DanaJ
05-01-2005, 07:19 PM
Ava - maybe it is just me, but you just look so wooden in that last pic. Lighten up a bit, huh?

DanaJ

Ava Mouse
05-01-2005, 07:27 PM
LOL! I have that book! Bought it a few years ago. They lady at the counter asked why a guy would buy a makeup book. I told her I was an artist and it will help me draw faces. She didn't believe me, so I gave her the URL to my artwork... OK, so it REALLY had 2 uses... ;)

Dana, thanks for the compliments! BUT, you wouldn't want my body, it's a guys body... LOL... Just kidding, I KNOW what you meant... I try to stay thin. Size 9/10!! :D

Oh, and I guess I just had a 'stiff' drink! LOL... Ok, Ava, stop with the bad puns... :rolleyes:

Ava I saw a wig like that in a fredericks catalog not to long ago. Thaks for your comments on my glamor shots thread You are and look totally awsome. Iwa sgiven a realy way cool makeover book called MAKING FACES by Kevyn Aucoin. You were talking about wigs and facial structure and This book gives step by step instructions on how to acheiv certain looks. It also says what you need to have to accomplish those looks Some of the pictures are of madeover guys They look soooo hot. The looks range from subtle to way cool cat eyes I love it