PDA

View Full Version : Still smiling after all these years!

Stephanie Kay
11-26-2006, 02:27 PM
I "gotta thing" about T*girls not smiling!!! Many post pictures of themselves in many beautiful outfits but they look like they are worried about falling off their high heels or somethin' worse!! Why is that? Genetic girls are taught at an early age to smile (whether they want to or not!?) and maybe boys are not, but I still think many here would look much nicer with a healthy smile! What do you think!

Still smilin' after all these years,

Stephanie:happy:

Joy Carter
11-26-2006, 02:33 PM
Oh Stephanie that is my fondest wish but it is the one thing I have never learned how to do. It sounds so simple but it just isn't in my personal makeup. Oh I do smile when something pleases me but an every day smile is so hard. I was called Mr/Miss serious in high school.:sad:

carla smith
11-26-2006, 02:40 PM
You have a wonderful smile! You are absolutely right! There is nothing better in a picture that to see the joy of the person, with a big smile!

Thank you for reminding me of it!

Carla

Amy Hepker
11-26-2006, 02:40 PM
I wish I had all the teeth to give a big smile, but I can smile without opening it.

Calliope
11-26-2006, 02:57 PM
A smile drops 10 years from your face, too.

Rachel Morley
11-26-2006, 03:03 PM
It's all about teeth and wrinkles.....I have too many of both of them :heehee:
I don't know how it is for you, but for me, I'll take about 20 pictures of myself and I'm lucky if I can find one that I think I look good in :( When I smile I get bigger crows feet and think I look older and uglier. I guess I could photoshop my wrinkles out, but that's too much trouble.

However, recently my wife has told me she thinks I look more feminine when I smile...humm...maybe I should smile more often, just a little grin maybe :D

Scotty
11-26-2006, 03:05 PM
Yep I agree :)

Except in artistic or intense poses I suppose.
I just checked out my profile pic and I'm not quite smiling thee, and I'm not smiling in my avatar either - but I was playing the guitar..

Lourie James
11-26-2006, 03:14 PM
Stephanie Kay, your so right when you see all the pictures of the girls, and my self too. Thay look so prity but there is no smile. Young GG are told from an early age to smile to look prity. Boys that go around smiling some people will think that ther is some thing wrong. Itry to smile in all my pics. It is strang when you see pics. of the girls dressed up so beautiful and thay look like there not having any fun, and getting all dressed up to me is the most FUN. Keep smiling. Lori.

Lisa Golightly
11-26-2006, 03:17 PM
Smiling... Bah! Humbug! ;)

EricaCD
11-26-2006, 03:20 PM
I smile all the time in real life - drab and femme. However, I am acutely self-conscious about how I look in photos when I smile. (For the morbidly curious, go to my photo page - link below.) I have a couple grievances about my grin. First, my teeth are a little out of line. Second, I have a relatively narrow mouth. When I smile it substantially enhances the angularity of the lower part of my face. In real life, when a smile crosses my face and is gone, or my head moves, or whatever, I don't think it's quite so noticeable or problematic. But frozen into frame in a picture? I'm still trying to adjust to that....

Phyliss
11-26-2006, 03:27 PM
I would rarely smile until this past March when thanks to Aspen Dental I learned to smile all over again. Got me a whole new set of "store bought" choppers.

JenniferMint
11-26-2006, 04:03 PM
I remember observing in grade school how the girls seemed to happy/cheerful all the time, while the boys didn't. I envied the girls.

Sweet Jane
11-26-2006, 05:58 PM
I smile when I'm happy....but who doesn't.

Katrina
11-26-2006, 06:05 PM
Its funny. I used to smile all the time before freshmen year of high school. I got taunted by the older kids enough that I stopped smiling for a long time. Only recently have I begun to smile more often. Note that I'm usually VERY happy when I'm enfemme and taking pictures so I have a big reason to smile.

trannie T
11-26-2006, 06:10 PM
I rarely smile in male mode and I get kidded about this. En femme I smile most of the time. If you're doing something you enjoy look like you're actually enjoying it.

gwenrob43
11-26-2006, 06:12 PM
Hi Erica,
I finally looked through many of your photos until I found a smiling you. You look really great. And that's true whether you are smiling or not. There's no need for you to feel self-conscious.

Hugs,
Gwen

Stephenie S
11-27-2006, 12:56 AM
I agree with Gwen. You look really nice in the pictures with a smile. Smile more often.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Tommie Rae
11-27-2006, 12:35 PM
I personally think Katrina has a very pretty, very feminine smile. Most GGs show mostly their top teeth when they smile, and I don't know if is something they learn by watching other GGs or if there is a fundamental physical difference in how their teeth and jaws are formed that make their smile so attractive.

Karren H
11-27-2006, 12:37 PM
I hate smiling!!! Wrinkles my face!! :D

Karren

Madeleine
11-27-2006, 12:40 PM
I am always smiling inside - that's where its important!

Sasha Anne Meadows
11-27-2006, 02:53 PM
I have a great deal of difficulty in producing a smile that looks good on photos, male or female. I do smile a lot but it just doesn't look nice in my pics. I try very hard to make a pretty smile in my girl pics but all I can do is try may best and then live with it.

Brianna Lovely
11-27-2006, 03:20 PM
I would love to smile, in fact, the other day I did a search on how to smile.
Many years ago, I was blown up and burned. They did not put me back together, quite right, not enough material to work with and limited techniques at the time.
Anyway, it is so painful for me, that trying to smile for anymore than five or ten seconds, almost brings me to tears.

I'm working on it, but right now my natural smile is a straight line.

Emily Ann Brown
11-27-2006, 03:45 PM
I'm ALWAYS smiling when I'm dressed !

Emily Ann

ZoeGurl
11-27-2006, 03:46 PM
I think a smile makes anyone look better.

Zoe

Imma
11-27-2006, 07:59 PM
To Group::love:

Being firmly girdled and fully dressed always brings a smile to Imma's face!:happy:

Smiling takes fewer muscules and less effort than frowning.:o

LOL:thumbsup:

Imma:doll: