PDA

View Full Version : Exersize

wannabie
11-26-2006, 11:48 PM
I haven't gone out in femme in a long time, or what is considered femme. the other day I was trying on some old outfits that I haven't worn in a long, long time and they fit me very close to the bone (tight).

I've went up two dress sizes since the last time I've worn them and I want to be able to fit into them again for new years. I've decided to go out that day and have found the perfect gown at macys. the only catch. it only comes up to a size 12.

my question is, is there any regimen, diet or exersize plan I can get into to help me drop at least three dress sizes or should I just leave the dress at macys or donate my old clothes?

Kandi
11-26-2006, 11:53 PM
leave the one at Macy's size 12 :( , and continue shopping I am sure you will find the perfect dress in your size. Enjoy the shopping experience and who knows maybe you will find two! :D

Jaki Kaye
11-27-2006, 03:14 AM
As my GG keeps reminding me - walk don't run - which means I may desperately desire that dress but I can only have it if I fit into it now.

We went to a New Years Eve parts at the Way Out Club in London a couple of years back and besides eating sensibly I used the Renee Reyes work out to shape up. I should have kept it up as I am struggling for this New Years eve.

:hugs:

Jaki xoxox

Phyliss
11-27-2006, 03:25 AM
my question is, is there any regimen, diet or exersize plan I can get into to help me drop at least three dress sizes or should I just leave the dress at macys or donate my old clothes?

Yes there is a program for "dropping" a few dress sizes. It is NOT a quick fix nor is it a magic cure.

I can only say what worked for me. EVERYmorning I spend 45 min to an hour at the local gym. I've been doing this for over a year now. That and sensible eating habits have allowed me to go from size 46 waist trousers @ 235lbs to size 36 trousers @ 175 lbs.
Today I will be wearing my size 10 denim skirt while I happily clean house.
Was it easy? ...........No it wasn't and it wasn't quick.

This worked for me, what you do and how you do it is entirely up to you.

Sedona
11-27-2006, 08:39 AM
Wannabie,

Complex question, with an easy answer: Eat right and exercise. I agree with Phyliss assessment here.

I'm one of those CDers who isn't about to start supersizing my wardrobe when I gain a few pounds. If I keep fairly slim, I feel better, get through my day easier, and my girlfriend thinks I'm sexier.

There are a billion good workout routines out there involving everything from full contact karate to pilates. Find one that suits you and stick with it. Oh yeah, and go very easy on the sweets and fried foods.

Best of luck sister,

cathie
11-27-2006, 09:45 AM
excercise and eat right I agree. It doesn't count if you eat a 2,000 calorie salad with a snickers bar as desert. You have to me sensible and smart about dieting and weight. I run or ride almost every day and I eat smart. 3 small meals and one regular healthy dinner. Don't eat till you're stuffed too. Eat till the hunger is satisfied. If anyone is interested I have a routine. It varies depending on weather and or time but it works very well for me. Most importantly, drink a ton of water. I know it makes you pee like crazy but it better than the sodas. Even diet sodas have too much "stuff" in them.

You also have to be smart about your workouts. If you haven't in years, start off small. Walking is a good start. Work up to running or riding miles. Don't expect a marathon or a tour de "whatever" in 2 weeks if you've never or it's been awhile. You could do more damage by over extending yourself.

BREE GG
11-27-2006, 10:10 AM
I agree with everyone on this eat right.
You can also go out and spend $100.00 on a machine called the Ab Lounge.

Its sold at the local walmart, its been the best money I have ever spent on my other half. His CDing has greatly improved when shopping for things that fit.

But you have to do it for you and NO one else :)

just my :2c:

JamieTG
11-27-2006, 10:43 AM
If size 12 used to be your normal size and you've gained weight since then, I would say get the dress. Exercising and a proper diet are the key but it takes discipline. Having a goal such as the dress will help keep you on track. However if you've never been a size 12 then save your money. You don't want to get too skinny where its unhealthy just to fit into a dress. Good luck.
Jamie

Ashley1
11-27-2006, 10:49 AM
Go for the dress! Eat smart and run like hell. You can make it!

Naomi
11-27-2006, 11:20 AM
I haven't gone out in femme in a long time, or what is considered femme. the other day I was trying on some old outfits that I haven't worn in a long, long time and they fit me very close to the bone (tight).

I've went up two dress sizes since the last time I've worn them and I want to be able to fit into them again for new years. I've decided to go out that day and have found the perfect gown at macys. the only catch. it only comes up to a size 12.

Wish i could help hun, i need to workout myself. i really need to tighten up my butt . Good luck with droping those sizes though Hun.
Takecare,
Naomi x

MsJanessa
11-27-2006, 12:30 PM
Move more and eat less----incorporate exercise into your life---and try to be reasonable about eating---skip the desserts and fattening snacks and don't eat afer--6:30--7pm----I would try to get an hours worth of sweaty, huffing and puffing exercise at least 4 times a week if not 5---My personal favorite--going for a 5 mile jog---I try to do 20 miles a week and always do at least 16---good luck

Karren H
11-27-2006, 12:34 PM
Ice hockey twice a week worked for me.... It's all a matter of calory intake and expenditure..... I lost 50 pounds and went from an 18 to a 10 in 9 months....

I also have and use a universal gym, a tread mill, a stair stepper and a Lateral Thigh Trainer (like a stair stepper but for skatters).... And a dog that loves to be walked!!

Love Karren

Seraph
11-27-2006, 05:50 PM

Hi, what I do is I switch my diet to vegetarian diet only. :happy:

Kristen Marie
11-27-2006, 06:17 PM
Is it the Jessica Simpson/Daisy Duke commercial touting 253 straight days in the gym to get a body like this? Sometime I forget that surfing the internet and chatting on line does not drop the weight.

I've been eating sensibly and getting to the gym several times a week and have seen over 20 pounds drop in just two months. Down one dress size and rewarding myself with trips to Payless and Lane Bryant.

I like Karren's comments and realize that there are goals worth pursuing!

Sweet Jane
11-27-2006, 06:23 PM
Hi

never under estimate the power of frequent exercise coupled with a "healthy" diet. If you just count calories to lose weight, you are doomed to fail, so make a new lifestyle choice and get some activity into every day. There is no need to turn yourself into an exercise junkie, but really, feeling fit is the BEST feeling ever!!!

I'm a little confused with clothes sizing...they must vary the world over because where I'm from a size 12 dress is no where near the top size available in a normal shop...more like a size 20 or 22. I am almost 6 foot and about 150 lbs and I take somewhere around a 12 or 14 in dress, skirt and tops....

DonnaT
11-27-2006, 08:24 PM
If size 12 used to be your normal size and you've gained weight since then, I would say get the dress. Exercising and a proper diet are the key but it takes discipline. Having a goal such as the dress will help keep you on track. However if you've never been a size 12 then save your money. You don't want to get too skinny where its unhealthy just to fit into a dress. Good luck.
Jamie

Go for the dress! Eat smart and run like hell. You can make it!

Sorry, not a chance before New Years. You'd have to starve yourself.

It doesn't take long to put on weight, especially if weight gain is in your family history. It takes hard work and execise not only to take it off in slow deliberate healthy manner, but also to keep it off.

I lost 50lbs last year, and it didn't take long to put 35 of that back on by not staying with my exercise routine.

Jesse69
11-27-2006, 09:44 PM
Look at my past threads to see how I lost weight from 205lbs to 139 lbs by biking.

Mostly, I burn out on exercise during winter and try not to overeat. I mean, it is such a hassle to exercise. But when your riding a $3800 road bike it's an inspiration to workout! Last winter I did not exercise for 4 months and watched what I ate but still gained 6 lbs. I probably lost that after 750 miles of biking this year.

I have maintained my weight and good bike speed this year even though I only averaged about 50 miles per week which is pathetic. My main motivation to stay low weight is because I'm a fast biker when I'm in the 140 lbs range. Also at this weight I'm a size 4! So I'm married for life to biking for exercise. But I'm not dedicated to working out an hour every day, that would be too much!

When I'm working ideally I would like to do a 1.5 hr workout on Tuesdays and Thurdays after work. Then a long distance 38 to 56 mile workout on the weekend (2 to 3 hr workout).

I've heard that some weight training will increase your base metabolic rate by 15%. That would be good in maintaining weight.

MJ
11-27-2006, 10:12 PM
OK here are the rules
1. drink plenty of water at least 12 to 14 glasses a day
2. stay away from drinks that contain sugar like pop if possible
3. if you want to be half your size eat half your food ... i mean smaller portions.. and drink water with your food it will fool your stomach in to thinking you are full.. and take out fast foods never biggie size ... you don't want to biggie size your waste !!!
4. skip the desert you don't need it..
5. after every meal or light snack go brush your teeth that will stop you from picking or finishing off the leftovers
6. wear you tight clothes it will give you incentive to lose weight.. no waste bands thats a no no!!
7. please try and and go for a 30 min walk if possible every day don't run a brisk walk and drink water
8. try and find pictures that will give you incentive .. cloths or friends
9. GET A BOOK AND WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING YOU PUT IN YOUR MOUTH FROM THE TIME YOU GET OUT OF BED UNTIL YOU GO TO BED ...!!!

example Daly food intake log
4:45 am 2 toast
6:00 12 oz coffee blk pills
9:00 half cheese sandwich 8oz coffee
11:30 half cup chicken soup 1 slice bread butter 8oz water
2:30 half cheese sandwich 6oz coffee
6:00 12oz tea/milk two eggs on muffins with slice cheese 8 oz water pills
8:00 tea/milk
10:00 tea/milk plain cookies 2x

if you do this it will help you thats how i lost 130 pounds in two years you can too ... hugs mj

Scotty
11-27-2006, 10:19 PM
If you are like me, I'm a size 12 but almost back to a 10.

I go to subway and that 12" sandwich looks great so I order a 6" and wait 20 minutes, if I'm still hungry I drink a glass of water (again).

I don't eat that healthy a lot of times and my digestive system is in turmoil right now but I'm back on a stretching regiment....

I've been on hormones and they are hard on my bo dy, and muscles have developed that weren't there before (not in this extent) so I too am going on a regiment.

I usually do a 20 minute stretching excercise and probably will only do that for this week, next week after the snow subsides it'll be a light jog around the block 3 times (1 mile)......

Take it slow, work it up, and on the snickers bar - if you eat it do it before you work out as it can provide the energy and calories you may need if you do an intense workout.

Gawd I need to get in shape too, I hurt sometimes.....

Sedona
11-27-2006, 10:23 PM
Hi,

Jesse69 (one of my fellow cycling sisters) hit on something interesting. I dropped a wad of cash on a close-to-top-end road bike about 4 years ago, and guess what, I started riding more than I had previously. On my old rig I could never do a century (100 miles) in less than 5 1/2 hours. On the bike I've got now, I can turn times in the 4:50 range during the summer.

Is my new bike that much faster? I'd like to think so, but honestly, on the new bike, I've been fitter, as the new bike is so smooth, and cost so much that I feel silly letting it sit neglected.

Maybe it won't work for you, but some folks purposely go buy a really expensive kayak, or enroll at the toniest gym in town, as knowing where their money has gone keeps them off the couch.

Best,

Sedona
11-27-2006, 10:32 PM
OK here are the rules
1. drink plenty of water at least 12 to 14 glasses a day
2. stay away from drinks that contain sugar like pop if possible
3. if you want to be half your size eat half your food ... i mean smaller portions.. and drink water with your food it will fool your stomach in to thinking you are full.. and take out fast foods never biggie size ... you don't want to biggie size your waste !!!
4. skip the desert you don't need it..
5. after every meal or light snack go brush your teeth that will stop you from picking or finishing off the leftovers
6. wear you tight clothes it will give you incentive to lose weight.. no waste bands thats a no no!!
7. please try and and go for a 30 min walk if possible every day don't run a brisk walk and drink water
8. try and find pictures that will give you incentive .. cloths or friends
9. GET A BOOK AND WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING YOU PUT IN YOUR MOUTH FROM THE TIME YOU GET OUT OF BED UNTIL YOU GO TO BED ...!!!

example Daly food intake log
4:45 am 2 toast
6:00 12 oz coffee blk pills
9:00 half cheese sandwich 8oz coffee
11:30 half cup chicken soup 1 slice bread butter 8oz water
2:30 half cheese sandwich 6oz coffee
6:00 12oz tea/milk two eggs on muffins with slice cheese 8 oz water pills
8:00 tea/milk
10:00 tea/milk plain cookies 2x

if you do this it will help you thats how i lost 130 pounds in two years you can too ... hugs mj

MJ,

Some wonderful advice, and spot on. I know that it's only the example for one day, but the only thing I can add is that fresh fruits and veggies are so important. I was fortunate in that I grew up in a household that ate lots of them, so if eating these kinds of things is tough for some folks, find something that one enjoys (say oranges and beets) and load up on them, gradually moving to increase things you might not like, maybe like spinach and bananas.

Another tip I heard once is to buy from the edges of a grocery store only (using good sense of course), as the processed items/junk lurks in the middle aisles.

Jesse69
11-27-2006, 10:38 PM
Hey Sedona - I just got a carbon fiber Cervelo Soloist Team Campy Chorus Ksyrium SL for $3015 ebay. It's value is probably $5500 new but I'm gonna put an ergomo pro and Zipp 404 clincher on it and it will be a $7000+ bike!

Yeah, I feel guilty having expensive bikes and not using them (6 road bikes !). But I really burn out during winter and just don't exercise or use a trainer so it's like a vacation to me. But I also really hate being over 150 lbs so that's my motivation to bike again. Plus I don't wanna lose my size 4 because I have so many sexy beatiful slim looking skirt suits in the size 2, 4, and 6 range.

I've never reached 9$ body fat. Lowest weight was 139 lbs and kept it for 1 day only. I have a 142 lb weight plateau, but that's a perfect size 4 so no problem!

Hey MJ - you lost all that weight through diet and no exercise?

The good thing about my weight loss is that I can still eat everything!

MJ
11-27-2006, 10:59 PM
Hey Sedona - I just got a carbon fiber Cervelo Soloist Team Campy Chorus Ksyrium SL for $3015 ebay. It's value is probably $5500 new but I'm gonna put an ergomo pro and Zipp 404 clincher on it and it will be a $7000+ bike!

Yeah, I feel guilty having expensive bikes and not using them (6 road bikes !). But I really burn out during winter and just don't exercise or use a trainer so it's like a vacation to me. But I also really hate being over 150 lbs so that's my motivation to bike again. Plus I don't wanna lose my size 4 because I have so many sexy beatiful slim looking skirt suits in the size 2, 4, and 6 range.

I've never reached 9$ body fat. Lowest weight was 139 lbs and kept it for 1 day only. I have a 142 lb weight plateau, but that's a perfect size 4 so no problem!

all i did was walk about 4 miles a day brisk walk ... no junk food oh and fresh fruits and veggies are so important... but not every day that was my snack food .. lean meat white chicken .. dark as more calories .. and Melissa can tell you i have lots of pictures of slim t-girls all over my apartment thats my incentive to lose my weight.. so i one day will look as good has they do.and get in to a single size skirt or one day a dress :D ... hugs

cathie
12-13-2006, 01:16 PM

Jesse you sound like me with all the bikes. I have 2 roads carbon frames and 3 mountain bikes. Best road ike I have is about 4k by diamondback ( a whole 16 lbs) made just for me. My favorite mtb is my Iron Horse soft tail (25lbs) it was 5k. All 5 bikes were gift from the vendors for helping on various projects and I ride them all. I have a Specilized mtb in the basement hooked ot a spinning machine to train when it's gross outside.

Alice D
12-13-2006, 01:49 PM

My god! I can't believe the prices you're paying for bikes. I still have the same bike I had made for me back in '76. Road bike with Reynolds 531 tubing, all Campi , steep angles (had sew-ups, now clinchers). Paid about $1,000 back then- the frame builder (Todd Hendries) got to be well known and somebody offered me $2,500 seven years ago, just to hang it on the wall. Never part with it-rebuild the hubs and crank every year or so, and it still rides fine.
Traffic down here (+ senior citizens- guess I'm in that group too) make riding a challenge. Still can spin 50 at a pop- but not like when I was younger. Used to race for Turin Bike Shop in Chicago. In MN we had century's last week of April every year- did 10. Once did the Paul Bunyan- 200 mile ride on the longest day of the year- don't think I could ever do that again.

Alice

Jesse69
12-13-2006, 10:00 PM
To the original post -- get the dress as a 3 dress size change is only equal to about a 10 lb weight loss. Might take you 2 or 3 months to lose that though.

It's nice to know that there are other CD bikers here.

Well, I spent a lot for the CF Soloist but it's worth it because it is the fastest road bike you can ever get. I would not have been able to afford this bike if not for ebay. Riding it is like driving a Ferrari! Just wish it had Zipp 404s on it but these wheels are so expensive (they're also the fastest racing wheels).

Jennaie
12-14-2006, 12:50 AM
Call me crazy, but I do know how to lose weight. I go all day without eating. It's not that hard. When you get so hungry that you have eat, eat whatever you diesire. One meal a day and I promise you will lose weight. I used to weigh 175 and I now weigh 135. It's not easy, it takes a great deal of self disiipline, but you will not starve. I know that this is not a diet recommended by anyone but it is the only diet that I have found to work for me.

I work out, pullups, pushups, squats, lunges, and many others.
I am a rockclimber and I need to be as lean and mean as I can be. I do not believe that any person needs to eat three meals a day to be healthy, I think we only need what our body demands and that is very little.

wannabie
12-15-2006, 10:46 PM
well so far I've managed to loose one dress size but its not enough. If I don't meet my goal ny new years maybe I won't go out.
I guess there's always next year but right now I'm going to try.

I'm getting desprate enough to try Jennaie's advice.

Call me crazy, but I do know how to lose weight. I go all day without eating. It's not that hard. When you get so hungry that you have eat, eat whatever you diesire. One meal a day and I promise you will lose weight. I used to weigh 175 and I now weigh 135. It's not easy, it takes a great deal of self disiipline, but you will not starve. I know that this is not a diet recommended by anyone but it is the only diet that I have found to work for me.

I work out, pullups, pushups, squats, lunges, and many others.
I am a rockclimber and I need to be as lean and mean as I can be. I do not believe that any person needs to eat three meals a day to be healthy, I think we only need what our body demands and that is very little.

Amy Hepker
12-15-2006, 10:56 PM
Try Hoodia, it helps. It tricks your mind into thinking that you are not hungry, it takes the cravings away even smoking cravings.

TxKimberly
12-15-2006, 11:00 PM

I'm 5 ft 9 inches and was up to 188lb and size 16 when I stumbled on a short, black, sequined (yes, I did sequins) size 12 dress that I thought was to die for. Seeing that darn dress in the closet every day was my motivation for jogging and eating right. My stubborn desire to wear that thing is what got me to size 12. So, if you have any real intention of getting to size 12, you might consider buying the dress as a motivation - the proverbial carrot.

Kim

Jesse69
12-15-2006, 11:11 PM
Starvation diets are the worst way to lose weight because they slow down your metabolism. Then when you resume just normal eating you will pack back the lbs and then more! David Blaine did that starvation stunt then became fat from eating then had to workout and eat several small meals a day to adjust his metabolism so he could be lean for that underwater - hold your breathe stunt he did.

The best way and hardest way to lose weight is to burn it off by exercise. This promotes a good metabolism where you can eat well everyday without getting fat (that's me). But you do have to diet a little to make that workout pay off with a weight loss.

Starvation diet = starvation diet for the rest of your life to keep slim.

It took me 2 years / 5000 miles of biking to go from a size 16 to 4. But it was worth it and now I have a gigantic clothes collection and a lot of sexy stuff is in the smaller sizes.

wannabie
12-28-2006, 12:03 AM
Three days to go and I didn't make it. It looks like its going to be next year. on the bright side with the running and all the water I did manage to loose six pounds, almost seven.
So the dress will have to wait. Maybe there'll be a better design in 2007 and I'll be ready for it in 2008.

So this newyears I'll be in drab. Who knows, maybe I'll be a CD's date for the night (strictly platonic).

Well, see you next year

Joanna.

JoAnnDallas
12-28-2006, 10:13 AM
I am 5'9" and was upto around 175 lbs. I was wearing a size 16 dress. Then wife wanted to lose some weight, so she joined Weight Watchers. Well I decided that the best way to help her was to eat what she was eating to support her. She lost 15 lbs and by default, I went down to 155 and dropped to a size 12/14 dress. So I guess the "Default Diet" worked for me. LOL

Believe or not, over Thanksgiving and Christmas, I have only gained back 5 lbs. I think I'm doing good at that. Five pounds is not too hard to lose again. LOL

Andrea Nicole
12-28-2006, 11:47 AM
Hi,
Well this is probably the best aspect of being what we are. Discipline to stay in shape. For me, I don't smoke or drink, never did.....but I also walk around the condo complex atleast twice a day. I think this is great incentive, not only to stay a size 10, but stay in good physical condition, plus it's great for your legs....really tones them up....
Huggs,
Andi...

suzy
12-28-2006, 11:55 AM
Okay Listen.... it's REALLY Like this....

You've heard the answers that you relly didn't like, right?? I heard them too... "eat right and exercise!" Damn it girl.. I have heard them all too...but I have the only answer that makes sense....."

Are you ready???

I said R U Ready???

buy bigger sizes>:D

Deidra Cowen
12-28-2006, 01:22 PM
First off right now I am 10 pounds over my ideal Tgirl wieght so take anything I say with a grain of salt! :tongueout

But last year I lost 30 pounds. I swam a mile in a lap pool on average 3 nights a week. Then two to three other nights a week I did the cardo machines at the gym for an hour. (treadmill, stairstepper, stationary bike). I also did very light wieghts buy nothing that worked my arms and shoulders so they would shrink. A few years ago I could bench press 220 pounds and had big muscle bound arms. LOL They have shrunk down nicely and I have no muscles really showing. :thumbsup:

At the same time I did the low carbo diet (atkins). Really worked.

But in all honestly I have big problems when I jump off either the diet or exersice. Can gain a bunch of wieght in just a few weeks.

I am back on my program trying to get back down in size and have dropped 4 pounds since the weekend. But I always have an easy time the first week or two. Then its only like losing a pound or two a week from there.

Will take me a month prob to get to my old size. :Angry3: