PDA

View Full Version : Do we enjoy woman's clothes more than woman?

Lovely Rita
11-27-2006, 09:13 AM
Hi Ladies
I have been sampling the GGs and they are fed up with all the panty talk etc. My SO definitely does not get the rush from Nylons that I do. Maybe because of the "Forbidden Fruit" aspect our pleasure is heigtened. I find it fascinating that I enjoy wearing woman's clothing and lingerie more than the GGs I know.
I think it is amazing that we get to enjoy the clothes more than woman. My theory is that they take these items for granted and so the pleasure factor is diminished. The secret to life is appreciation and I believe we appreciate these particular finer things of life, maybe just a little bit more. In fact I am almost sure of it.

During World War II there were shortages of stockings and woman seemed to go nuts over getting their hands on a pair. In fact when I was a child it was normal for a man to give a lady friend a box of stockings as a gift.

Let me know if you agree

Kieron Andrew
11-27-2006, 09:15 AM
most probably lol

Lovely Rita
11-27-2006, 09:19 AM
most probably lol

I really do think so too.

Sedona
11-27-2006, 09:26 AM
Lovely Rita (love the name by the way),

At first, I thought your question was if we enjoy women's clothes more than we enjoy women themselves. I wonder what the response to that one would be.

For the question at hand. We've all seen the look in the eye of some women when they are around a great shoe or dress sale. Kind of like a trance I'd say.

I've never felt that kind of clothing shopping bliss, but as for myself, I enjoy the clothes differently, and value the texture and the feel perhaps more than the look or the fact that I found it on a great sale.

Elly
11-27-2006, 09:30 AM
maybe to the closeted M2F CD it's the forbidden aspect of it, or possibly because it's not something they do daily so their senses are more aware of it, whereas for the GGs and fulltime M2F CD/TS it's something done daily and therefore the senses become dulled from repitition...

Lovely Rita
11-27-2006, 09:30 AM
Lovely Rita (love the name by the way),

At first, I thought your question was if we enjoy women's clothes more than we enjoy women themselves. I wonder what the response to that one would be.

For the question at hand. We've all seen the look in the eye of some women when they are around a great shoe or dress sale. Kind of like a trance I'd say.

I've never felt that kind of clothing shopping bliss, but as for myself, I enjoy the clothes differently, and value the texture and the feel perhaps more than the look or the fact that I found it on a great sale.

I could see my question was not posed in the best way possible.

thanks for the feedback

Tree GG
11-27-2006, 09:35 AM
I don't think CDer's enjoy wearing clothes more than GG's - we enjoy wearing clothes that are flattering, comfortable and/or special.

The difference is we don't obsess about them. Now some GG's do, of course - everyone has their passions. But for the most part, special clothing is just a temporary diversion or special occassion; we find other aspects of life so much more important than stockings.

Lisa Golightly
11-27-2006, 09:41 AM
...we find other aspects of life so much more important than stockings.

Agreed... I'd rather have a pepperoni pizza... Mmmmmmmmmmmm :)

matti
11-27-2006, 10:56 AM
Rita, I agree. Even now when you look through catalogs all the women are wearing are pants and some type of sweater or silk top. At work, in public, at special events pants, flats, plain tops. I know I enjoy wearing dresses, skirts, gowns, hosiery more than most gg's I am around. I have read and heard the complaints of hosiery, heels etc but they are still, in my opinion part of the dress code for women and myself. And no I don't, at least at this time in my life, have to or do wear heels, hose etc all day every day but some day I hope to and will.

Marla S
11-27-2006, 11:43 AM
I think it is amazing that we get to enjoy the clothes more than woman. My theory is that they take these items for granted and so the pleasure factor is diminished.

I think several factors contribute to this impression.

1.) GG doesn't equal fashion geek. A lot of GGs just go for comfort (some go for fashion).
CDs usually don't go for comfort, but for a feminine appearence.
There are more fashion geeks among CDers than among GGs.
(A CD not interested in clothes is no CD; a GG not interested in clothes is still a GG)

2.) GGs don't have to prove their feminity. The usually look feminine in a T-shirt, pants, flats, and without makeup too ... a CD barely does.

3.) CDs tend to compensate their lack of feminity by very feminine (stereotypical) clothes. A lot GGs "dress down" in order not to look too "sexy" (could be harmful). A lot CD dress in order to look sexy.

4.) GGs usually dress up for special occasion (opera, party, etc.).
Dressing for a CD usually is a special occasion.

5.) A GG dresses, a CD transforms. Causing different emotions.

6.) Style and fashion is McDonaldized in our day to day life ... uniform taste, inexpensive, quick, joy of quantity but not of quality, non-outstanding.

Amanda Shaft
11-27-2006, 11:45 AM
Hi Rita, I know what you mean, but what's worse is that you see women who just don't make the effort to dress fab. They opt for the jeans and jumpers or the ill fitting sack when they have access to the world that is womens fashion but arn't motivated to enjoy it. It's a crying shame! What I'd give to have all the bumps and curves in the right places! Does this sound like sour grapes? too right. Still what's their loss is our gain and somebody must be buying the frillies besides us surely?:
Yours, having a hissy fit, Amanda:Angry3:

Kerry Owens
11-27-2006, 11:55 AM
Sometimes there is a physical handicap in getting into those nice pretty clothes. I don't try because it is hard, the simple less complex clothing allows me freedom to get dressed by myself.
I dream of a nice silk dress, with pretty beads, but reality is no one is going to make one for someone who cannot handle multiple fasteners or back zippers. It's a fact that I'll just have to be practical.

carla smith
11-27-2006, 12:27 PM
Do I enjoy it more?

It probably depends on the GG. I live in the professional world. Most of the Professional GGs spend alot of money on clothes and shoes to look super. These GGs not only enjoy dressing nicely, but do it competitively! These gals enjoy their clothes more than I enjoy my female things!

For me, I am a crossdresser, by definition, I enjoy wearing clothes of the opposite gender. I do it as a fun thing....maybe I do enjoy it more than most GGs. Depends!

Have fun out there!

vbcdgrl
11-27-2006, 12:56 PM
True, as a child, I remember my Mom getting some stockings as a gift, don't remember if it was from my Dad though. This was after the war, when Nylon was coming in. Of course, in "those days" women wore dresses almost all the time, and most of 'em wore garter stockings almost every day. Seems like women dressed to be attractive to others then, wheras, now, they dress most of the time for their own comfort . That's OK, I can deal with it. That's part of the fun of CDing, getting to dress as the woman you want to be.

Vikki

rosiegurl
11-27-2006, 01:01 PM
hmmm, I think CD's do enjoy womens clothes a lot more than GG's do as a general rule. there will always be those women who obsess about clothes, and there will always be those CD's who don't care just want something comfertable.

it is I think, in some ways an exploration for men when playing with womens clothes. We generally don't get to anywhere near as regularly as we would like, so when we can we are more enthusiastic about it.

to ask your question in a different way, just how excited do you get putting your socks on, or jeans?? GG's will probably get about as excited about everyday stuff as we do about drab

Dixie Darling
11-27-2006, 01:01 PM
For some the enjoyment (as others have already pointed out) comes from the idea that dressing in the clothes of the opposite sex is something that's more or less forbidden by society. The idea that we're flaunting their unwritten 'rules' can bring a certain degree of excitement for some folks. But from a personal viewpoint I think that what makes it so much more enjoyable for CD's is the fact that we are doing what we can to emulate the women that we are in so much admiration of. We've all had people that we admire, whether it be sports figures, people in power positions, celebrities, etc. We tend to want to be more like those for whom we have a lot of admiration and for the typical crossdresser this admiration and adoration is for all the pretty women we see around us. We know we can't actually BE women (and 99% of us don't want to actually BE a woman). We see what appears to be women enjoying the fact that they know they look beautiful and we imagine what it might be like to experience those same feelings that we believe THEY are feeling so we attempt to experience that for ourselves. Admittedly a lot of us would never make it to the modeling runway, but by doing what we do (i.e. dressing as best we can) in our mind's eye we have somewhat achieved what we set out to do, and are experienceing the feelings we believe all these pretty women are experiencing.

Oddly enough, there are many women who aren't educated as to what crossdressing is who consider our dressing as being disrespectful to women in general. The fact is that we admire them enough that we want to imitate/emulate them as best we can. And as has often been said, "Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery".

Dixie -- http://www.geocities.com/senorita_cd

DeniseNJ
11-27-2006, 01:08 PM
My thought are women fell there are supposed wear feminine clothes to let people know they are sexy and pretty. When I polish my toes, slip into heels and wear womens clothes I feel pretty. applying make-up really enhances the feeling. To be truthful, I don't like my male image. Some GG's actually hate bra's, pantyhose and heels. Why do you think many dress in jeans tees and sneakers while out in public, those are the girls that don't have the need to feel pretty . Being comfortable to them is more important. Many girls probably envy us guys and say , they can keep it so simple. I believe in the forbiden fruit theory , we enjoy things feminine because we are not supposed to feel feminine. I am starting to realize that we are not alone , I can't believe the 100's of guys that visit this site and introduce themselves . I believe that man is evolving and soon gender will be a thing of the past. There will be children bearing women and non child bearing woman .. By this statement ,I don't want to start a controversy but like one stated ones sex is determined by your plumbing. and who you are is determined by your desires.

Karren H
11-27-2006, 01:17 PM
Well I probably do....but you would have to go ask the women.....It's a given that as crossdressers we like womens clothes........a lot!!! But since many women are dressing down, more maleish, then I assume that they don't enjoy dressing up as much as we do....

Karren

Imma
11-27-2006, 01:28 PM
>To Group::love:
>
>1. As you can see, being dressed in firm foundations, panties, nylon stockings, Mary Jane shoes, jewelery, wig, beads, bangles, and women's dress brings a smile to my face every time.:eek:
>
>2. Comments from GG or other CD on ways to improve looks are welcome.:D
>
>LOL:happy:
>
>Imma:doll:

Calliope
11-27-2006, 01:39 PM
I think CDs start off in a 'teen' phase - loads of 'effects' and boundary-pushing clothes. Check out how teens dress, and act. Living in the closet will prolong this era of dressing, whereas getting out into the community and going further (full-time) relaxes the exhibitionism. Of course we look ridiculous having our 'puberty exuberance' at age 40 (say) so there's a lot to be said for pushing on and getting to a calmer mindset.

Margot
11-27-2006, 02:04 PM
I agree that gg's take clothes for granted while we enjoy the thrill or the "forbidden fruit" as you say. I must say men's clothing is dead boring to me now.
Margot

Eugenie
11-27-2006, 02:15 PM
I think several factors contribute to this impression.

Thanks a lot Marla for your excellent analysis. I have saved it in my "texts to keep" folder...

That is also perhaps why some feminist lobby members (not all) tend to despise Cross dressers... It seems that very often we are on a different planet...
:hugs:
Eugenie

kateyliz
11-27-2006, 03:46 PM
Hi Rita,
I don't think that we can know anything about how women really feel about their clothes until we can go 24/7 long enough for lingerie to become underwear and for clothes and shoes to become "good" clothes and shoes and "everyday" clothes and shoes. Then we might get and inkling. Hugs, Kathy.

viky carr
11-27-2006, 03:57 PM
Hi Rita I completely agree with you, I really enjoy the sensation of wearing woman's clothes to the max. I love the feel of waering hose and the rubbing noise they make while I'm walking, I love wearing high heels.
P.D i wish I could receive a pair of nylons from a good friend

Sierra Evon
11-27-2006, 04:50 PM
A GG friend told me this " Sierra " , you have such good taiste in your outfits , can tell that you have a genuine love of girls clothes , and you are just way too happy to be a girl....:happy: :happy: :happy:

Eugenie
11-27-2006, 05:07 PM
A GG friend told me this " Sierra " , you have such good taiste in your outfits , can tell that you have a genuine love of girls clothes , and you are just way too happy to be a girl....:happy: :happy: :happy:

A while ago I wrote a fiction story where I was supposed to have answered a "help wanted" ad for a "Lingerie business" in a paper and that I had been selected. To make this fiction story short, after long descriptions of the whole experience, the manager who was receiving me for the interview was telling me to come out with my real identity... My CV had outed me because I was expressing too much pleasure wearing women's underwear and clothes... Most real women can't wait for the end of the day, a time when they can get their bras off... :heehee:

I think I was close to the reality in that fiction...

:hugs:
Eugenie

Amanda Shaft
11-27-2006, 05:29 PM
I'm just reassessing my stance on this issue: I've been wearing a pair of 3" heels with vey pointy toes for the last 3 hours or so. They look hot and I mean hot! Just about now my left big toe has stopped functioning I I've lost all feeling in some of the others whilst all the toes on my right foot are just numb. Maybe thats why GG's (notice I'm getting the lingo) don't wear these things all the time? I'm going for one last stroll up the drive then I'll have to prise them off which I expect will cause more pain as my toes recover. Going to be wearing them again tomorrow though! One has to suffer for ones art you know!
Hobbling on, Amanda

Joy Carter
11-27-2006, 05:57 PM
No I don't think I enjoy dressing over my spouse. She is my reason for living to be blunt about it. I take great pleasure in being with her and being her chosen man. Dressing is a state of mind which mind I can't recall I think I left it in my other pants.:heehee:

cheryl62
11-27-2006, 06:19 PM
hmmm, I think CD's do enjoy womens clothes a lot more than GG's do as a general rule. there will always be those women who obsess about clothes, and there will always be those CD's who don't care just want something comfertable.

it is I think, in some ways an exploration for men when playing with womens clothes. We generally don't get to anywhere near as regularly as we would like, so when we can we are more enthusiastic about it.

to ask your question in a different way, just how excited do you get putting your socks on, or jeans?? GG's will probably get about as excited about everyday stuff as we do about drab
I agree i love tights(hose) but would i still feel the same if i had grown up wearing them everyday i dont know, a lot of GGs say how much they hate them.i think though that women dont have the same problems because its ok for them to wear anything they choose,jeans,t-shirts etc:sad:

SatinSarah
11-27-2006, 06:47 PM
I think we enjoy clothes as much as women. My wife loves to shop for new clothes, but I tend to enjoy wearing the simple exy things more than her - mainly because I can't do it everyday. I think she gets used to slipping into anything she wants for whatever mood she is in. When I get the chance to wear or dream about womens clothes I do go into overdrive to get them all in o a dressing session! We just obsess in a different way

Kate Simmons
11-27-2006, 07:24 PM
I don't know of any woman who goes ga ga over a pair of nylons these days, nor a box of chocolates. I think today they are more impressed with honesty and integrity. Clothes are just that to them--clothes. Something flattering to look nice once in a while but the name of the game these days is comfort and practicality. That being the case, I guess all the "nice" women's clothes are made and reserved for M T F crossdressers or it seems any way. I've come to the point where women's clothes are more or less that for me also--clothes. I know I'm probably a freak from the viewpoint of most M T F's here but so be it. If you really want to act like a woman, then act like one and treat clothes, hair and makeup for what they are. We don't have the "natural" built in femininity and beauty that makes women so special though, so we have to rely on these affectations as beauty enhancements. Oh, well a "girl" has to do what a "girl" has to do to get by these days!:happy: Ericka/Rich

Calliope
11-27-2006, 07:54 PM
We don't have the "natural" built in femininity and beauty that makes women so special though, so we have to rely on these affectations as beauty enhancements.

Yep. And a lot of us are cramming a lifetime of (GG) clothes' sense into a tiny time window, lotsa trial & error, so, sure, we seem pretty obsessed about clothes when, actually, we're just rediscovering our bodies. I have finally learned what looks good on me so my wardrobe lust is now cooling down. I have more clothes than I did as a 'guy,' but I see, thankfully, there is a cap on how many outfits I need.

I know I'm probably a freak from the viewpoint of most M T F's here but so be it.

You're only a freak if you freak out. I think you're a vanguardist.

Kimmie W
11-27-2006, 09:03 PM
There is a no way of knowing how much a difference being able to dress like a GG every day would affect the experience until you do it. That said, I so look forward to the weekends when the kids are gone and no one is around but my wife to go totally femme.

I only know that it is a great feeling that I appreciate more because it is so out of the ordinary. I don't know how I would feel if it were otherwise.

Lovely Rita
11-27-2006, 09:15 PM
Thanks ladies for your responses. My SO is into comfort when it comes to clothes. Oh she enjoys dressing to the max on those special occassions and looks forward to dressing up. I still think we enjoy the experience more because we just can't take it for granted.
I mean I must admit that I still get turned on by the darn things and I do'nt think it works that way for the GGs. You've read many threads and posts and know that it is some what electrifying for us. We could never explain it to a GG. How could we explain the sheer delight we experience when we slip on those frilly and sexy things. There are many things we cannot know that are totally the GGs experience and domain.

GGs say we are obsessed with panties and nylons and make up and high heels and the truth is we are. Some are sick of us constantly talking about it. Ask me if I care.

I am loving it.

serinalynn
11-27-2006, 09:53 PM
Hi Ladies
I have been sampling the GGs and they are fed up with all the panty talk etc. My SO definitely does not get the rush from Nylons that I do. Maybe because of the "Forbidden Fruit" aspect our pleasure is heigtened. I find it fascinating that I enjoy wearing woman's clothing and lingerie more than the GGs I know.
I think it is amazing that we get to enjoy the clothes more than woman. My theory is that they take these items for granted and so the pleasure factor is diminished. The secret to life is appreciation and I believe we appreciate these particular finer things of life, maybe just a little bit more. In fact I am almost sure of it.

During World War II there were shortages of stockings and woman seemed to go nuts over getting their hands on a pair. In fact when I was a child it was normal for a man to give a lady friend a box of stockings as a gift.

Let me know if you agree

My wife has to dress professionally every day as she is a finincial services rep for the bank where she works. Dressing professionally for her is a must as her customers will get the idea that she will know what she is talking about. Its bra panty and pantyhose and heels 5 days a week. I think that GG's that have to dress professionally will not get the same feeling in the same cloths as I would if I had to dress professionally in womens clothes. I for one absouletely love the time that I can spend in a bra , panty, and pantyhose and heels. Especially true when my bra and panty match. I also love wearing those light and airey tunic tops that are incredablly femmine looking and in feel. MY wife ( andother GG) can't wait for the weekend so they can dress down as you go to a mall on saturday or sunday and you very seldom see a GG in a skirt or dress. ( at least that what I see when Im at the mall). Now that winter is near I think skirts and dresses while out at the mall on weekends will be practically non existant. I do thoroughly appriciate the times that I can dress in womens clothes, and for me there are not enough of those times. I think GG beacuse they are women take for granted the feminine feel of womens clothes that those of us who crossdress feel and love that soft feminine feel, that we continue to crossdress.

ReginaK
11-29-2006, 06:33 PM
I know I do.

Sexy_Jennifer
11-29-2006, 08:32 PM
I think it's a case of 'the grass being always greener on the other side'. I mean, as a genetic male, for instance, I have a penis, and it really seems nothing to me; it's just 'normal'. And yet, a F2M cross-dresser might give absolutely anything to have this extra appendage.

What is a normal, unremarkable, everyday fact for one person is an extreme and unthinkable fantasy for another.

janet p
11-29-2006, 10:08 PM
Marla S hit the nail on the head.If we weren't attacted to the feel of womans clothing we wouldn't be dressing in them,we love the feel of nylon and silk on our bodies,we also want dress as prettily as we can.:love:

Lovely Rita
11-30-2006, 12:32 AM
Great point Sexy Jennifer!

emmicd
11-30-2006, 12:44 AM
I believe women enjoy feeling feminine and wearing dresses on special occasions and getting all decked out. Women are certainly the center of attention for they are beautiful and very sexy.

Most women and girls also enjoy clothes shopping.

They cherish their wedding day and certainly are dressed for the occasion.

I also feel women also enjoy dressing casual in jeans and trousers like the guys. I believe they sometimes feel they need to escape their feminine birthrite.

I can't speak for women as I am a guy but I believe women do enjoy wearing lingerie as a way of being sexy and attracting us guys.

For the crossdresser we like wearing lingerie and dresses because we don't have the opportunity to do it that often so when we do get that precious opportunity we are like a teenage girl full of excitement and wonder.

For straight crossdressers the clothing is mostly a way of escaping the masculine persona for a brief time. I certainly enjoy being a guy and I love women. I'm just a bit off kilter in that I enjoy wearing dresses and panties on occasion.

emmi

Patricia Danielle
11-30-2006, 02:53 AM
Like most the feel of nylon on my skin gets my motor running be it a slip or nightgown I find dresses very comfortable, but me having the grace of a mack truck I can't do heels. Patricia..:heehee:

mona lisa
11-30-2006, 05:47 PM
...after all, for them it is something they take for granted. We on the other hand are not in that position.

Billie Jean
11-30-2006, 06:52 PM
Definitely, Even the non ftm's would rather wear pants and tshirts unless the religion the practice doesn't allow it. Billie Jean

pantyman344
11-30-2006, 07:11 PM
yes because they had to weaer the stuff since there were born and they also most like got it out in high school when there were developmenting sharing cloth with friend and stuff like that is what i think of that

DianeC
11-30-2006, 07:19 PM
I agree that it's down that fact that you dont normally get to wear such items and I find that when you wear them day to day the "buzz" fades and it all seems more and more normal.
Dx

iwearpanties
11-30-2006, 11:04 PM
i have too agree with most things said here... ive seen some woman dress so bad but then so that are dressed bad have a diffent type of sexy lokk too them.. just like some woman dont need much make too look sexy or get a males attention.. ive beena cd non passable for many yrs i dont car too pass but i have noticed many females wear less sexy and less cute type panties then most cds by that i mean coclors type alos the deisgns or prints on there panties this may go on for ever whos knows the rite answers

Melinda G
11-30-2006, 11:05 PM
High heels, lingerie, nylons, etc, are iceing on the cake. I think women try to maintain a certain mystique, and they don't want us to find out that we can look as good as they do, in that stuff.
Also crossdressing is a sexual outlet for most of us, and women don't like that aspect of it either. Most women want their SOs to be totally dependent on them for sexual pleasure, with no other outlets. Crossdressing reduces their leverage, so to speak.:heehee:

iwearpanties
11-30-2006, 11:05 PM
wow i just noticed i sux at type when my eyes are tried please for give me.. i ment no disrepect

Angela gg
12-03-2006, 11:42 PM
This GG doesn't take these things for granted. They just don't fit me properly. I can't adjust my bust size to fit a blouse when the buttons don't meet. I find that pantyhose can be restrictive when you aren't 5ft 8in. tall and 130 pounds. I love wearing skirts but hate having to hem them to fit my 5ft 1in. frame. Yeah I know there are petite sizes out there but they don't come with petite prices! I get a little jealous when I see how beautiful CD's look dressed.