PDA

View Full Version : Seattle recs for going out?

Leslie16
11-28-2006, 02:41 PM
I think I posted before, but thought I'd try again. Next week, I'll be in Seattle, and I'm looking for ideas where I could go out dressed. Nothing specific, just looking for a place where CD's are ok -- clubs, dance places, bars whatever. Anyone know Seattle or any places? THANKS :)

hotbobbie
11-28-2006, 04:21 PM
Most gay bars on the Capital Hill erea are great to go out to. I go there all the time. Also a great place during the day with all the small shops to go shopping and also great places to eat. Seattle is really gay and cd friendly. When are you comming here and from what part.

Sierra Evon
11-28-2006, 07:52 PM
Hi , North Seattle here....., I'm not really into the Capitol Hill scene much any more , looking for local Everett area stuff.......let me know I'll check back.

Scotty
11-28-2006, 07:53 PM
Brianna said that this Thursday (and most every) is a get-to-gether but I don't have specifics.

I'm prepping mentally to get dressed and go out but I'd like to be with some other's from the board :) First time jitters and all :)

hotbobbie
11-29-2006, 02:26 PM
Scottie just get out there. Once done you will find the second time will be much easier. I think you will surprise yourself.

hotbobbie
11-29-2006, 04:51 PM
The only place in Everett that i have heard of is the Underground.I have never been there.

Sierra Evon
11-29-2006, 04:54 PM
The Underground , yes Ive heard of it too, HHMMM, I may give it a try after the snow storms let-up......Thankx ........

Lauren Richards
11-29-2006, 08:07 PM
Not much into clubs and such, but if you are, then Capitol Hill area is very CD friendly. I've been shopping there enfemme, walked for a few hours at a time, passed the cops on the street without them even blinking, and had a couple take my photo.

Try a look-up for Emerald City. I think that is the Thursday group who get together locally. Great CD support group. I am not a member, but had a good experience with email exchange and encouragement.

Lauren

tall_brianna
11-29-2006, 08:30 PM
I think Neighbors is always a safe bet. The Vogue is also popular and very TG friendly. In fact, they use to have separate cover charges on Sat. night - $10 if you are dressed (fetish, goth or cross) and $20 if you are normal. They do draw a little more of the mainstream crowd depending on the night.

Thursday nights are apparently big because thats when Emeraly City support group meets and the girls go out afterward - I think many go just for the post meeting outing :).

-b

Lauren Richards
11-30-2006, 08:15 PM
Ok, girlfriend, where did you decide to go? It's Thursday, and curious femme minds want to know. I'm thinking of doing a little shopping at the new QFC on Broadway between 7:30-8:00PM tonight. The ice and snow from the winter storm has mostly melted, and I feel like getting out. Who knows who might be out tonight. Yikes! I only have two hours to get ready!

Lauren

Scotty
11-30-2006, 09:54 PM
Wow, I have no excuse but I need to hook up with someone who knows their way around cap hill, that's the only part of Seattle I never spent much time in - except that very fine Vietnamese restaurant!!

It's a bit of a commute, like almost 2 hrs with weather like it's been so week nights are not likely for me.

MarieTS
11-30-2006, 10:23 PM
Ditto Lauren's comments on the Emerald City support, and Brianna's words about Neighbors. I'd like to tag along too!

Scotty
11-30-2006, 10:38 PM
OK So the only way I'm gonna get the nerve up is if we all meet somewhere (Like somewhere I can dress!) and we just do it!!

Christmas is comin, how many of you take vacation that week between Xmas and New Years?

linnea
11-30-2006, 10:44 PM
Oh my, it's nice to see quite a few girls from or going to the Seattle area. I live in eastern Washington but get to Seattle occasionally when I can dress. I would love to meet some of you when go over next time. In the meantime, I'm sure that you'll have a lot of fun.

MarieTS
11-30-2006, 10:49 PM
Yes, I also take time off during the holidays! That's perfect for shopping, lunch, etc. Slipping away infront of the neighbors is the challenge, so the hotel/changing room is an idea. But there's so much to pack! I'd feel like a college gal on her first trip away from home. :heehee:

Scotty
11-30-2006, 10:52 PM
Well I see an idea forming... :winking:

Lauren Richards
12-01-2006, 12:39 AM
Ok, girls, I checked it out tonight, and it is safe to spend time in stores crossdressed in Seattle. Half hour in the QFC (even bought a couple of things), then another half hour in Macy's on the way home. I'm over 6'1" in flats, so no doubt I was read a few times. Nobody said anything, or bothered me at all. Totally free range shopping. Most Delightful!

Regarding getting together and having a place to change, I suggest using Emerald City and the group there as your contacts to put something together. They are super folks, and know how to have a good time (after the meeting, or so I am told by someone who used to go).

Lauren

Deborah
12-01-2006, 12:50 AM
Don't forget Ingersoll (Seattle). :)

The Underground is on California Ave Everett.

linnea
12-01-2006, 02:57 AM
Yes, I also take time off during the holidays! That's perfect for shopping, lunch, etc. Slipping away infront of the neighbors is the challenge, so the hotel/changing room is an idea. But there's so much to pack! I'd feel like a college gal on her first trip away from home. :heehee:

yes, I have this problem too--so much to pack, but once I get to my destination, it's great.

Lauren Richards
12-01-2006, 08:22 AM
Having lots of femme clothes and shoes is a problem???? Oh, the things we girls must do to look our best. Ever seen a GG pack with less than a full suitcase, even if just for overnight? It's all part of being a girl, so get those traveling shoes out ladies!

Lauren

Scotty
12-01-2006, 08:23 AM
Doesn't Emerald city charge for membership?
I could be wrong, I'll check it out this weekend, I gotta get to work early today so no time left...

hotbobbie
12-01-2006, 01:40 PM
the Vogue is very good for cd as the owner is cd himself. Plus other places close by.

hotbobbie
12-01-2006, 06:12 PM
One more place is Julia's on broadway sat night at 10:00 they have a great female impersonators cabaret show. This would be a great place for you all to try out.

Leslie16
12-01-2006, 06:15 PM
Ok, girlfriend, where did you decide to go? It's Thursday, and curious femme minds want to know. I'm thinking of doing a little shopping at the new QFC on Broadway between 7:30-8:00PM tonight. The ice and snow from the winter storm has mostly melted, and I feel like getting out. Who knows who might be out tonight. Yikes! I only have two hours to get ready!

Lauren

No where yet! But I'll be around next week!

tall_brianna
12-01-2006, 06:51 PM
Sorry I fell behind on this thread. Definitely Thursday is a really good night to meet other girls have a good time.

So, here comes outing number 3.... wait for it....

The Vogue - Next Tuesday, Dec 5. The Nasty Habits (a local tgirl band) will be playing. I met Veronica and Rachael last night and can't wait to see the show.

-b

Athena
12-01-2006, 07:18 PM
The Underground , yes Ive heard of it too, HHMMM, I may give it a try after the snow storms let-up......Thankx ........

The Everett Underground.. I’ve been there a couple of times. A great place to be. Relaxed atmosphere, the people I’ve met have a great attitude, staff is very friendly and the music is awesome. (my opinion). If I ever would have the guts to go somewhere fully dressed, this would be the place.

Athena.

MarieTS
12-01-2006, 08:38 PM
It was good to read Lauren' post about Seattle Macy's being friendly. Some of you mentioned you were free the week before/after Christmas. How about a Seattle daytime mid-week shopping trip on the 20th or 21st? Changing options could be Emerald City. If open during the day its certainly worth a small fee. Someone else suggsted Ingersoll, another great thought.

Lauren Richards
12-04-2006, 10:25 PM
Looking forward to your posting after tomorrow night, Brianna.

I am still liking the notion of getting a bunch of us together, just not sure it can happen as fast as we would like. However, as they say.. where there are skirts, there is hope! Ok, maybe that wasn't exactly it, but it works for me.

Lauren

Leslie16
12-11-2006, 02:58 PM
I was at the Vogue, Neighbors and some other places last week -- did I see any of you?