PDA

View Full Version : Need some help - first time CDing

DangerousBeans
11-29-2006, 06:27 AM
Hi ladies. This post may ramble a bit, it's also part checklist.
I'm planning to go to a costume party this weekend as a woman and I would like some help to try and make my outfit not too horrible. Trying to pass isn't the goal as most people there will know me, though for some reason I feel I should try to look the part. I don't want to look like a yobbo in a dress. I can handle the colours/styles bit, I just need some help with other CDing bits.
I'm nervous about it, but I don't think anyone will really care as most of them seem to delight in knowing weird people.
Anyway, on with the fun stuff.
I was thinking a something fairly casual and simple; I'm not exactly sure what though. I think I need to have a look around and see what’s available. I'm going shopping with a friend Friday to see what we can find.
I'm 6'2-3"ish (haven't been measured since I was 17), hips went AWOL sometime in childhood and I have fairly solid shoulders. More lanky than V shaped.
My hair and nails are long anyway, so nothing here. Though I need to buy polish. I was thinking of wearing my hair loose so it hangs around my jaw line.
What style of top will help disguise the shoulders? I noticed a housemate was wearing a tank top and her shoulders were more noticeable than normal. The aforementioned friend suggested something with split/ petal like sleeves is she onto something?
As for the bra; a full cup one, right? And what should I fill it with? Shopping friend suggested a padded bra with chicken thigh fillets (EW!), I told her the shove the raw chicken down her shirt but I'm wondering about the bra suggestion?
Skirt/Dress; no pants, if I wanted to wear pants I would go as a man. Are there any styles that may help with the lack of hips? I probably won't wear panties, though maybe. Any tips for bulge concealment?
Hopefully I can get some help from a housemate with makeup. I will also need to bum a purse off one of them.
There will be a camera there, so I'll get a pic to share.
Thank you for any help.

Robin Leigh
11-29-2006, 06:46 AM
Hi Alex, and welcome! We'll help you, but you have to promise to post some pictures. :D

Last things first.

A simple bra filler can be made from a section of pantyhose leg filled with birdseed. Make sure you tie those knots well. :)

The secret to bulge control is the gentle art of teste tucking. There are tons of threads on it. Check this one (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41560) out. Make sure to read the whole thread, it contains lots of good advice.

Robin

Karren H
11-29-2006, 07:42 AM
Shoulders - wear a long sleved top, dress, or add a fem jacket...... Don't wear pants......real men wear pretty dresses!! hehe

And above all....have fun with it!!!

Love Karren

MarinaTwelve200
11-29-2006, 08:12 AM
I would do as good a job as I could, but "mistakes" and less than perfect fit of clothing and makeup application(if not intentional) Are not a "bad" thing at all. They suggest to the other guests that you are an amaetur, and thus takes off the TG "edge" that usually upsets or makes outsiders "nervous". This allows you and the other guests to relax more, and not take you TOO seriously. Laugh along with them--its fun for all.

If you were to be "perfect" or "TOO GOOD" it would upset some people and make then "suspect" things(rightly or wrongly) about you (even if you ARE a CD anyway) that are less than positive.

Eugenie
11-29-2006, 09:55 AM
If you were to be "perfect" or "TOO GOOD" it would upset some people and make then "suspect" things(rightly or wrongly) about you (even if you ARE a CD anyway) that are less than positive.

I aggree with Marina completely. Don't try to look too good "en femme" unless your ultimate goal is indeed to have a coming out with this group. That is perfectly alright but it has to be what you really want.

:hugs:
Eugenie

Ranee Daze
11-29-2006, 11:09 AM
If this is indeed for a costume party, then the pressure is off and then get a GG to help you. Hop on over the Salvation Army or Value village with her in tow and have some fun.

Calliope
11-29-2006, 12:22 PM
Are there any styles that may help with the lack of hips?

What works for me is cardigan, top 2 buttons, with tight top, then an A-line skirt - kinda imposes an hourglass on the eye.

Madeleine
11-29-2006, 12:28 PM
Hi Alex, and welcome! We'll help you, but you have to promise to post some pictures. :D

Last things first.

A simple bra filler can be made from a section of pantyhose leg filled with birdseed. Make sure you tie those knots well. :)

Robin

Any clues as to how much birdseed would be required for a 38B cup size? I have just bought a 5 kg bag - should be enough...

Luv the forum - Madeleine...

Madeleine
11-29-2006, 05:40 PM
The previous post was not put in humour - I really want to know. Best guesses please. I'm asking for help here...

Love Madelleine...

DangerousBeans
11-30-2006, 07:35 AM
Still quite a good one. Get another bag just in case, and keep the birds happy.
I should be able to give you some help by tomorrow.

I've been thinking about what Eugenie and Marina said, and I think I will stick to what seems interesting: the clothes, shaved legs and nails. I won't wear makeup, act femme or really try to hide shoulders, bulge or hips. In the past I have gotten carried away with planning things and only had cash limitiations to rein myself in. This is probably something were I really don't want to go too far.

I have just shaved my legs (lets see if the coworkers notice tomorrow), and a GG friend will be helping me with the outfit tomorrow arvo.
Ok, I'm tired and need sleep.
Good night all :hugs:

Kate Simmons
11-30-2006, 07:47 AM
The tips so far has been good. Don't worry about trying to look like the "ultimate woman" however. There ain't no such animal not even among real ones.:happy: Kay Richards

DangerousBeans
12-02-2006, 07:23 PM
I had a great time; I found a Wonder Woman tee shirt and a short white skirt, though I gave up on shoes and just wore some men’s thongs. I didn't get time to paint my nails though :( . More people commented on the nails than have ever while dressed, and my legs were also munch admired.
I was decided by others that at the next party this group has I have to wear a red dress.
Also I don' think I'm really a serious crossdresser; no serious one would pull out her boob and threaten to throw it at someone.

Madeleine, I had a 2kg bag and used maybe half of it. 5kg will be loads. I found that they get a bit itchy after a while, maybe try a mix with only round seeds or wear something under it. Scratching behind your breast if a sure way to get found out.
Pics will be up soon.