PDA

View Full Version : whats the propper proceedure

CutieJulie
11-29-2006, 08:35 AM
ok here it goes . when twp guys meet in a hallway and want to acknowledge the other the thing that happens is a slight nodding of the head, it mean hey, high, I see you and stop stairing at me... amoung other things... what I want to know is what is the female equivilent. cause out of habbit I game a guy a *nod* while dressed and I got the strangest look.

Kate Simmons
11-29-2006, 08:44 AM
Just smile Hon. Can't go wrong with that.:happy: Kay Richards

Karren H
11-29-2006, 08:54 AM
Ericka said it........... Big Smile and say HI..... They all do it and it works like a charm!! Matter of fact it works so good that I now do it male or female mode!! The women love it and even breaks the ice with some guys!!

Try it.....Your never know....you might just make a new friend today!!

Love Karren

Stephenie S
11-29-2006, 09:44 AM
This is a good point. I too find it hard to break the habit of that curt nod which means so much between guys. It's a product of years of training as I tried so hard to be a macho guy. I agree with Karen, a big smile is so much better.

Lovies,
Steph

JoAnnDallas
11-29-2006, 09:47 AM
I usually say "Good Moring' or "Good Afternoon" when I pass someone in the halls. I remember when I started my current job about a year ago. I would come in and as I passed various stations, I would say 'Good Morning" to the person sitting there. At first, they were kinda hesitant to say anything back. Now when I come in, I have a couple of ladies say "Good Morning", before I can say it. LOL

eleventhdr
11-29-2006, 09:54 AM
Do stuff that giuy's are not allowed to do like hug each other and even give another female a kiss it is niot always sexual to do so when you are female girls stil do this as a gretting and it is no big deal for them to do so that's what i wou;d really like to be able to do!

But being a guy I am stuclk not being able to express theses feelings; when I do so desire to show them it realy does hurt not to be able to express yourself in this manner why are boys taught not to be allowed to do this.
It does not make girls gay to be able to express themselves in this manner at all.

Heck time was girls used to even dance with each other if there were no guys's around don't know if they still do this or not anymore but nmakes perfect sense to me really.

Suzy!

Jodie_Lynn
11-29-2006, 09:55 AM
Women generally smile more than men.
I always greet people in the hallways at work with a smile and a "good >morning, afternoon, evening<", and I get responses.

I have even started smiling at others in the shops and streets. It is amazing the number of smiles you get back.

Kieron Andrew
11-29-2006, 09:57 AM
nods are for boys, smiles are for girls......someone very wise told me this when i first came out and asked the same question but in reverse......its worked ever since

JulieCDorlando
11-29-2006, 10:20 AM
Hello,
You may want to observe more in depth on how women act when greeted by both men and women they know and do not know. Do you remember if a women smiled at you when you make eye contact with them that you do not know? Most women smile or at the very least give you a grin. By observing women, you will learn many things about them. Women do smile more, and make eye contact with others more so then men do. Guys do the head nod and not so much make any serious eye contact. As far as the personal touching goes,(hugging) women generally only do this to those both men and women they feel most comfortable with.
If you were out dressed, and a guy gives you the "look" and made you feel uncomfortable, you have to learn how deal with that. Being dressed as a woman means you will get those kind of looks anywhere, and everywhere you go. Just do what any other woman would do in such a situation.
Again it helps to sit back and watch how women react in different situations. Not all women react in the same way, but I am sure you can come to a conclusion to how you will react the next time someone gives you the eye just by observing. Good luck

CaptLex
11-29-2006, 11:14 AM
We had a lengthy discussion about this in the FtM section once. There are cultural differences and it also depends on what country one is from, for example, but generally speaking, it's a nod for the guys and the small, tight-lipped smile for the ladies. That's just a general hello - like in passing. Of course, if it's someone you're already friendly with, there can be big smiles and even hugs and kisses. As far as touching someone, it's best if you let the woman initiate this. If she's comfortable with you, she'll usually do it. If you do it and she doesn't feel she knows you well enough, you will make her uncomfortable. Just my :2c: , but I defer to the authorities (the GGs).

carla smith
11-29-2006, 12:02 PM
I'm just a country gurl, and never learned the nod and look the other way thing....I was socialized by extending a warm smile to everyone with eye contact and a howdy. When I left the small town of my youth, I had to learn this....anti-social behavior of little ackowledgement of others existance.

Most GGs (regardless of how I am dressed) make eye contact with a smile and (when dressed) are quick with a compliment or somethig nice to say! "Hi, Isn't it a beautiful day!" It is amazeing what you can see and the people you can meet with the the social skills of the feminine gender. They truely are the fairer sex! :happy:

Have fun out there!