PDA

View Full Version : medical news

jhnjks
01-13-2005, 06:59 PM
I normally would not post anything that is a single medical study but this could be critical for people on anti-androgens. The study by a physician at University of Texas Medical School at Galveston was published in the Galveston Daily News today. http://www.galvnews.com

The point of the study was to track men on anti-androgen therapy for prostrate cancer. What it found is that a large percentage broke bones after being on the therapy. This leads to the fact that osteoporosis is a fact of life for anti-androgen use. I would reccomend a bone density scan for anyone considering hormone therapy and also have my provider check to see if any of the medications that are used for osteoporosis would be indicated. One thing of the study was it was conducted in older men and that may have scewed the results for the general population

ChristineRenee
01-14-2005, 04:13 AM
As someone on anti-androgens (spironolactone), I just want to say thanks for the link. As I have always said in the past there is certain risks involved when doing HRT. I hope you are right about the test results potentially being skewed by the older folks. Now I just wonder how "old" in age they are actually talking about.

Many thanks jhnjks for posting this info.:)

Love,
Christine Renee

crispy
01-14-2005, 05:41 AM
no surprises there, surely?

all the hormone advice web pages I have read (many!!) warn about the risk of female disorders, particularly osteoporosis..

jhnjks
01-14-2005, 07:13 AM
Hormones are definitly who you are but many GG's don't seem to have bone-loss. The only reason I was a bit surprised by the results was the percentages. I have never seen stats on MTF transsitioneers.

Be healthy, happy and fun

Love All

Sierra
01-15-2005, 01:33 PM
Hi All, that sounds logical,since I started 5 years ago HRT my nails are so thin and break easy.It also seemed to make my vision for up close [reading] go rather quickly. I hope I never have to stop HRT it helps me mentaly feel happier and closer to my goals.

layme
01-15-2005, 03:58 PM
Hi All, that sounds logical,since I started 5 years ago HRT my nails are so thin and break easy.It also seemed to make my vision for up close [reading] go rather quickly. I hope I never have to stop HRT it helps me mentaly feel happier and closer to my goals.
Hi girls Im thinking of hormone,s to grow breasts, What about the creams to inlarge nipples and breasts?? What do I do to get fuller hips besides getting fat? Im nice and thin but well proportioned. I want to feel more like a sexy woman !!!

Sierra
01-15-2005, 11:41 PM
:o I started with phyto's[herbs] and saw a little more boobs in my bra.But it cost less and works better to use perscription hormones.I also use vacuum devices to help nips,areola and breast get bigger .