PDA

View Full Version : Attention CD's living in Florida

ChristineRenee
01-13-2005, 07:49 PM
Hey all of you lovely ladies down there in the sunshine state, we will be moving to Lakeland this summer, probably at the end of July, as we purchased a home a few months ago down there and are currently renting it out. I was just curious as to how many of you live near Lakeland or the surrounding area and the possibility of meeting up once we are down there and settled in? Also, are any of you currently members of Tri-Ess? I think they have a chapter there located in Tampa but I'm not 100% sure. I'm seriously considering being a member once I am down there. It would be nice to be able to meet with other CD's in a group setting. I think I would also be more likely to make an initial venture out in public if I had a "posse" to go out with or attend meetings or go to transformation salons. It would finally give old Christine here an opportunity to get out of the closet, and the house, and start her CD life anew in retirement. Your feedback on this would really be appreciated and thanks as always ladies.:)

Love,
Christine Renee

Vickie-CD
01-13-2005, 09:13 PM
Christine, I used to live in Sarasota, not to far from Lakeland. I now live in the northern panhandle. Still have relatives down your way and I do get down there from time to time. Congats on your retirement, perhaps when I'm down that way we can have coffee. Also have an aunt that lives in Titusville, near the Cape. I visit her as often as possible, she is getting up in age and not in the best of health.
Take Care,
Vickie

ChristineRenee
01-13-2005, 09:27 PM
Christine, I used to live in Sarasota, not to far from Lakeland. I now live in the northern panhandle. Still have relatives down your way and I do get down there from time to time. Congats on your retirement, perhaps when I'm down that way we can have coffee. Also have an aunt that lives in Titusville, near the Cape. I visit her as often as possible, she is getting up in age and not in the best of health.
Take Care,
VickieHi Vickie,

I have a cousin who lives in Venice, right near Sarasota. We visit them when we go down on spring break. They love it there. Love that beach sand too.

Thanks for the congrats...I'm really enjoying retirement so far! I would love to get together some time for coffee...nice to know you have relatives down our way and get down there from time to time. I like Lakeland when I've been down there for Christmas or spring break, but haven't been there in the summer months so that will be an adjustment..but one I think I can handle after being a snowbird here all of my life. Sorry to hear about your aunt but it's good that you visit her as often as you can.

Thanks for the reply Vickie...let's stay in touch.

Love,
Christine Renee

barbiecd
01-13-2005, 09:44 PM
I guess it will soon be welcome to Florida. I live in the Bay Area and have yet to venture out. First time for everything. You might be the one to push me over the edge. Hurry Down!!
Hugs
Barbie

ChristineRenee
01-13-2005, 09:53 PM
Hey thanks Barbie...I think I went over the edge some time back. I haven't ventured out yet either...and can't really do it here in this small town. Hopefully that will change down there. Like you said...a first time for everything.

Thanks for the reply and the advance welcome Barbie!:)

Love,
Christine Renee

Vickie-CD
01-13-2005, 10:09 PM
Hi Christine, yes, Venice is right below Sarasota, very beautiful there. Yes, lets please do stay in touch.
Love,
Vickie

Tristen Cox
01-13-2005, 11:34 PM
Hi Christine. Here's a link to Tri-Ess in Tampa. Click (http://www.tri-beta.com/)

Love
Tristen

ChristineRenee
01-14-2005, 01:38 AM
Thanks tristen...I thought that they had a chapter in Tampa. I bookmarked the page.

Thanks again.:)

Love,
Christine Renee

DebbieThomas
01-14-2005, 08:02 AM
Hi Christine
welcome to redneck Polk county :eek: theres two local chapters the one in St. Pete(Tampa) and the Orlando chapter. Ive been a member of the Orlando chapter for one year this next month. Ive gone to one meeting in St Pete(Tampa) small group maybe 10 gurls and afew SO. this past weekend was the Orlando meeting, think there was 37 gurls and 6 SO. Id pick Orlando over St. Pete mainly cause afew gurls stay the whole weekend shopping and doing gurl things. if you would like to get in contact with either group, Ive have emails for both. my email is helloen1outhere@yahoo.com

Debra T.

ChristineRenee
01-14-2005, 08:37 AM
Hi Christine
welcome to redneck Polk county :eek: theres two local chapters the one in St. Pete(Tampa) and the Orlando chapter. Ive been a member of the Orlando chapter for one year this next month. Ive gone to one meeting in St Pete(Tampa) small group maybe 10 gurls and afew SO. this past weekend was the Orlando meeting, think there was 37 gurls and 6 SO. Id pick Orlando over St. Pete mainly cause afew gurls stay the whole weekend shopping and doing gurl things. if you would like to get in contact with either group, Ive have emails for both. my email is helloen1outhere@yahoo.com

Debra T.Redneck Polk county, huh? Ok, well I'm just along for the ride here actually. My wife's mother lives in Lakeland full time and is in poor health and I think my wife just wants to be down there to help look after her. I have been going down there since 1995 either for Christmas or spring break and have always enjoyed it there and hopefully that won't change. But to get back to the subject of Tri-Ess...yes...I would love to get in contact with either group so that when I get down there I can "hit the ground running" so to speak with this. I am going to add your e-mail to my address book and probably send you an e-mail later on today.

Thanks for the reply and the info Debra. I really appreciate it.:)

Love,
Christine Renee

DebbieThomas
01-14-2005, 10:02 AM
sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. really Lakeland is a nice town. here's a link to the Orlando chapter Phi Epsilon Mu http://crossdressflorida.com/ and here's a link to Hope's web site, she is the Vice President of PEM and one of the ppl you can contact for info http://geocities.com/phnymn/ well Im late for work :D ttyl

Debra T.

ChristineRenee
01-14-2005, 10:12 AM
sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. really Lakeland is a nice town. here's a link to the Orlando chapter Phi Epsilon Mu http://crossdressflorida.com/ and here's a link to Hope's web site, she is the Vice President of PEM and one of the ppl you can contact for info http://geocities.com/phnymn/ well Im late for work :D ttyl

Debra T.Hey thanks Debra...mucho appreciado!:)

Love,
Christine Renee

AnnaMaria
01-16-2005, 11:30 AM
All I can say about living in the south is make sure that you have lots of short light things to wear. I know that it gets really HOT in the summertime. Though I do have to admit that as a general rule the people in the south are much more friendly than the ones in the north. I lived in Georgia for 7 yrs and I really miss the people and the climate. Lots of luck in your new home and with the chance to get a really good tan.

huggs
anna

ChristineRenee
01-16-2005, 12:13 PM
All I can say about living in the south is make sure that you have lots of short light things to wear. I know that it gets really HOT in the summertime. Though I do have to admit that as a general rule the people in the south are much more friendly than the ones in the north. I lived in Georgia for 7 yrs and I really miss the people and the climate. Lots of luck in your new home and with the chance to get a really good tan.

huggs
annaNo problem Anna...I'm READY! Got my bikini's (3 of them) and a number of summer outfits and short-shorts, etc. Christine, before she retired, went on a shopping spree last summer and shopped til she nearly dropped!:p

Florida...watch out...here comes Christine Renee! (YOW!):eek: :D

Love,
Christine "Soon to be Florida bound and lovin' it" Renee:cool: