PDA

View Full Version : Body shapers

Ashley in Virginia
11-30-2006, 05:18 PM
I need a better body shape. I dont want anything bulky, as I tend to wear garments that wouldnt wear well with it. I need something that'll really pull me in though. I need the best comprimise I can find.

Any suggestions?

Also how do buy these things? How do you determine what size you are? The ones I have seen are sized s/m/l/xl.

linnea
11-30-2006, 05:34 PM
I wish that I had paid more attention. I just saw some undergarments this morning that looked pretty good. There was something about "bubbles" in the title, but I've never worn them myself.
For my own figure, it takes something pretty strong to do the re-shaping I need. Before I started going out to shop and try things on, it was hit and miss for me. I'd order from a catalog, taking my best guess and hoping for the best. Now I just take measurements and try to estimate which ones need to be larger, which ones smaller.
Women's clothing sizes seem to vary so much that it's pretty frustrating even when you can try things on.
However, there have been some VERY helpful posts that relate to sizes and measuring, so you might try a search.
Good luck.

Jesse69
11-30-2006, 05:36 PM
There was a past thread that suggested training corsets. They might be on ebay too.

Bethanygirl
11-30-2006, 05:54 PM
For a more natural look, just use a waist cinch, Lane Bryant sells some nice ones in various colors, the size is the same as you would use for your blouse size, surely some of yours are sized that way, just look at the tags. A waist cinch with a dress or skirt that flares out from the hips will give you a very natural figure, not too overstated-but a natural look...

I hope this helps, by the way girl, I can't help but find your avatar disturbing...

Good luck, I hope the best for you honey.

linnea
11-30-2006, 05:57 PM
Me too. But good luck with the figure.

I hope this helps, by the way girl, I can't help but find your avatar disturbing...

Ashley in Virginia
11-30-2006, 06:49 PM
For a more natural look, just use a waist cinch, Lane Bryant sells some nice ones in various colors, the size is the same as you would use for your blouse size, surely some of yours are sized that way, just look at the tags. A waist cinch with a dress or skirt that flares out from the hips will give you a very natural figure, not too overstated-but a natural look...

Thanks for the advice.

Good luck, I hope the best for you honey.

I am tickled to have disturbed the two of you :)

Ashley in Virginia
12-01-2006, 01:26 AM
Shameless bump. Any other thoughts?

Diana_BiMale_CD
12-01-2006, 01:39 AM
Waist Cinch, Great idea Bethany. Was thinking of a corset to trim my waist, pull it in and give me a better figure. But really don't need something so confining, as I am pretty trim, at 5'6" and fairly small in stature. Just need to keep my stomach in and my waist pinched. Am going to look for one tomorrow. Thanks to all you wonderful gurls. Hugs and Kisses.

Joni Beauman
12-01-2006, 02:14 AM
I like the slips that are sold as shapewear - some are comfy but confining enough to help do some nice things for the figure. Joni

Sweet Jane
12-01-2006, 02:19 AM
I'd love a corset for Christmas. I'd love a waist cincher for Christmas. Theres lots of things I'd love for Christmas but I'll probably get a socket set, power saw and a hammer...yeah

ArleneRaquel
12-01-2006, 02:22 AM
I love my Body Shaper from Lane Bryant. Its a 40 - C Black, I wear it to bed and around the house.That is when I am not wearing my Bra and Panties. The Shaper makes me feel so sexy too.:love: Sexy Maureen

wendy
12-01-2006, 09:37 AM
I simply adore body shapers, I have a few in my collection, and I simply cannot do without them.

How I found out the size on bodyshapers is trial and error. I can usually fit into either 40 or 42, 38 is doable but it is rather tight and gets uncomfortable after a short while. 42 is the best, as I can wear it the whole day and I don't even notice it at all.

I think how I found out sizing is I based it on swim wear sizes. When I was younger, I could fit into size 38 one piece swimsuits no problem, so when I went shopping for body shapers I used that size and it did fit. But as I grew older, my size expanded so I had to go up to 40 or 42. There is also cup sizes too, And the higher the size you go, the bigger the cup sizes (usually). In 40 or 42, they usually come in cup sizes of C or higher. If you want cup sizes of B, usually it comes in 36 or 38.

But I've found even the 'ultra' tight fit shapers don't quite cinch in everything, it does a decent job but if you're looking for near 100% tight cinch, I must agree with the other posts, a corset or similiar is the way to go.

Ashley1
12-01-2006, 11:24 AM
I need a better body shape. I dont want anything bulky, as I tend to wear garments that wouldnt wear well with it. I need something that'll really pull me in though. I need the best comprimise I can find.

Any suggestions?

Also how do buy these things? How do you determine what size you are? The ones I have seen are sized s/m/l/xl.

Hi Ashley! One thing that I have noticed is that GG's that seem to have a great body have a narrow waist. So I got a cloth, not leather, belt and fastened it tightly around my waist just above my hip bones about the top of my panties. Next, on top of that I use a waist clincher that fits a size smaller than my sucked in waist. This process takes my waist down a few inches which is enough to accent my 34B breasts. I have had this on for up to six hours with no problem. I would caution you to be carefuls not to get things so tight that you might hurt yourself. A side benefit is that if the closed belt is on top of paintie hose or a garter belt it does a great job of keeping them up. The waist clincher will cover the belt buckle. If you can find a white or light color cloth belt, it would be best. Usually these belts have leather on one end for the holes, and the narrower the belt the better. Look at some of my pictures to see the results.

Darlene Rochelle
12-01-2006, 11:33 AM
I wear one from Lane Bryant Catalog 44B,that I ordered online. It helps to hold all of me in place.

JulieCDorlando
12-01-2006, 12:10 PM
Hello,
You might want to consider a body briefer, which is a one piece undergarment that holds things in real well, and gives you the shape you might be looking for. It is a combination of a bra, waist cincher, and support panties all in one. JCPenny's sells them as I am sure most of the other retailers do.

Ashley in Virginia
12-01-2006, 01:02 PM
I'd love a corset for Christmas. I'd love a waist cincher for Christmas. Theres lots of things I'd love for Christmas but I'll probably get a socket set, power saw and a hammer...yeah

if you dont want the socket set, power saw and hammer, i'll gladly take it. I am a tool wh*re. :D

Ashley in Virginia
12-01-2006, 01:07 PM
Thanks everyone.

So should I be looking for something like this...http://www.fredericks.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=Holiday2002&category%5Fname=Lingerie-Slips&product%5Fid=51162

How bulky are these things generally? I am 5'5" 150lbs, wear a 5/6. would a Medium fit? or should I buy a large?

Karren H
12-01-2006, 03:38 PM
I use a corsett....and love the way they feel!! I purchased mine (black and a white one) at Wicked Red's on ebay!! Sheryl the owned is a sweetheart and always throws in extra things with the order. Mine are replicas of civil war era corsets, with laces in the back and eye hhoks in the fron for easy in and out!! Which is important for the girl on the go like me! Hehe. But I think I bought a 36 which is based on my bust of 38 and it cinches me down to 28ish where my waiste untethered is 32ish! Depending on the wifes cooking that week!! Lol.

But I think I'm going to get another one, maybe in red and may try a 34 since the ones I have ar not tight enough... Cost delivered was about $50 and for a really really good ones you can multiply that by 10.....

But that's just what I like..

There's plenty of photos of me in them out on yahoo if you wish to see one in action!! Hehe

Love Karren

Penny
12-01-2006, 03:52 PM
I turned my poolroom into an exercise room. That cinched my waist. But instead of a playroom, it's a payroom! (lol)

Wendy me
12-01-2006, 03:53 PM
Thanks everyone.

So should I be looking for something like this...http://www.fredericks.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=Holiday2002&category%5Fname=Lingerie-Slips&product%5Fid=51162

How bulky are these things generally? I am 5'5" 150lbs, wear a 5/6. would a Medium fit? or should I buy a large?

look get a med and a small don't get from Fredericks get from wallmart a lot less $$$$ and works the same....

Amelia Coffey
12-01-2006, 04:56 PM
I have four of them....all different. The cinching is rather subtle. They won't transform my male body into the body of a goddess but they do make my clothes fit much better.

I am 5' 7" and 145 lb. A small is a tad too small for me and a medium is tad too big. The medium is quite comfortable to wear all day though. The small one has been over stretched in places and surely won't last as long.

The first one I bought at Sears. The others I got from the Maidenform store. The latest one is a pull-on style. I was rather apprehensive about it but now I am quite please with it.

Chect out www.maidenform.com

At our local store, I got the pull-on cincher for $22.50

Amy

Alysin CD
12-03-2006, 10:55 AM
Get a good long corset. There is too much flesh that hangs over the top & bottom of a waist cincher.

Alysin

StacyCD
12-03-2006, 06:51 PM
I suggest you look into an Instant Slimmer® Long Torso Waistnipper by Flexees (a Maidenform brand). For $25 you can't beat the price and you can usually find them on sale for less than $20. It is a very inexpensive 'corset' that you don't need assistance to put on.

Cheryl T
12-03-2006, 06:56 PM
Shapers are great, but don't forget you do need hips and a nice behind if you want to look like the average woman.

I recently bought a Veronica from Classic Curves and it gave me the shape I really needed to be seen as the woman I feel I am. My clothes fit better and my skirts finally lay properly.

Just my thoughts...

NewShy21NJmtf
12-03-2006, 07:43 PM
I noticed you're from New Jersey. I am too. I recently found a store that sells many items for things that probably a lot of people here are not interested in, but also sells a lot of stuff for us, eg. gaffs (the one they sell is very high waisted to pull the waist in, it gives moderate results for that, but not as good as a real corset, then again, it's also much cheaper than a corset.), corsets, waist cinchers, wigs, padded panties, breastforms. It's in Montclair, NJ, and the owners are very nice and understanding. Check out their website, and try not to be scared, because I went there and met Karen in person, and it was a very positive experience. http://www.dfp.com

-Stephanie

BobbieCD1944
12-03-2006, 08:56 PM
Check out their website, and try not to be scared, because I went there and met Karen in person, and it was a very positive experience. http://www.dfp.com
-Stephanie

Wow! I haven't heard about them in years. In the 90s I used to drool about their annual DFP balls. Being on the west coast, I could either not afford to go or the timing was wrong. I did visit the old store once back in 99. If the current owners are as nice, it would a great and safe place to visit.