PDA

View Full Version : im confused

pantyman344
11-30-2006, 06:34 PM
how can a girl go in to the mens department at the store and buy cloths for her self anda guy can go to the store and even look at the clothes with out get stand at.

DonnaT
11-30-2006, 06:36 PM
Hmmm, I've been going into the women's section for many years, and never have been stared at.

rosiegurl
11-30-2006, 06:37 PM
a. because mothers and wives have been doing that for their sons and husbands for many many years

b. cause they fought for the right to wear what they wanted and won

c. cause life is unfair *pouts at the last one*

jarrett88
11-30-2006, 06:40 PM
I have always wondered the same thing and I always thought that it was unfair.

Sharon
11-30-2006, 06:45 PM
Guys buy clothing as gifts for their SO's all the time -- Christmas, birthdays, Valentine's day, and what have you -- so this shouldn't be a big deal for anyone. Just act as if you belong.

Deanna2
11-30-2006, 07:12 PM
A lot of things in life suck. You just extended the list with one more point.

Glenda58
11-30-2006, 07:59 PM
Join my movement and the staring will stop when we all stand up for our rights.

Tamara Croft
11-30-2006, 08:09 PM
Have you ever thought they might be looking to see what you are buying?? I've often watched what people are picking out to buy, men and women, just to see what kind of taste they have, I'm not standing there wondering who they are buying for ;)

~Dee~
11-30-2006, 08:18 PM
im getting stared at?
geez ... and here i was never noticing .. :happy:

if im there to buy clothes .. i look at the clothes ...
is that such a bad thing?

it only becomes a problem if you find it a shameful thing to begin with.
let them think what they want about why you are buying it ..
and while they are distracted you can whip around and pick up all the good bargains. :happy:

Penny
11-30-2006, 08:23 PM
Well if I'm drab in the woman's section looking at clothes and I find someone staring at me. I'll pick out a skirt and hold it up to me, look right at them and
give them a big shit eating grin. I've not found anyone to maintain eye contact after that. I make theirs unfair if they want to stare. That my take!

:hugs:

Butterfly Bill
11-30-2006, 08:35 PM
Maybe they are staring at you because they think you are good looking.

Since12
11-30-2006, 08:44 PM
I still remember awhile back in a store buying some stuff, keeping to myself and some young punks laughed and the girl with them said loudly "Uh weird!" that is the worst though. Usually I can be walking around, buying a bra or whatever and there are others there not giving me a second look.

Breanne
11-30-2006, 08:48 PM
how can a girl go in to the mens department at the store and buy cloths for her self anda guy can go to the store and even look at the clothes with out get stand at.

I've been buying clothes in women's sections or stores for some 40 years now. Never had a problem.

JeanneF
11-30-2006, 08:55 PM
I think that a lot of us who go shopping en drab stand out because we act conspicuous. If you keep glancing around nervously while shopping, you're going to stand out. Just walk in there and browse, just like you would do for guy's clothes.

I've seen more than a few guys shopping in the women's department over the years, the ones that stand out are the ones that look creepy or nervous. Act like you belong, and no one will question you.

Edit - Oh, and don't go around fondling every piece in the lingerie department...that just adds to the creppy quotient. ;)

Breanne
11-30-2006, 09:00 PM
I think that a lot of us who go shopping en drab stand out because we act conspicuous. If you keep glancing around nervously while shopping, you're going to stand out. Just walk in there and browse, just like you would do for guy's clothes.

I've seen more than a few guys shopping in the women's department over the years, the ones that stand out are the ones that look creepy or nervous. Act like you belong, and no one will question you.

Edit - Oh, and don't go around fondling every piece in the lingerie department...that just adds to the creppy quotient. ;)

Lisa, I believe you're right on.

Karren H
11-30-2006, 09:00 PM
You must be going into the wrong stores!!! No one stares at me!!!

Karren

Stephenie S
11-30-2006, 09:22 PM
Dear Pantyman,

Please read the above posts and learn. This paranoia is all in your head. Nobody cares who you are when you shop. You have permission to shop anywhere you want, to look at anything you want, to buy anything you want. Stores WANT you to buy their stuff. Stores DEPEND on you to buy their stuff. This is what shopping is all about. And here's a little "secret" dear. It's fun, fun, fun. Just hold on to your wallet because it can get out of hand very quickly.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Michelia
11-30-2006, 09:38 PM
I've had a few older ladies look at me funny because I do hold up skirts and blouses up to my waist and chest. I cannot help it. I need to visualize how they might look before I go trying them on. But I have never had anyone stare at me. And I've been to some pretty exclusive small lingerie shops looking at stuff. Always been treated nicely and told to "come back and see us".

Michelia