PDA

View Full Version : wig caps

slamddoger
11-30-2006, 07:11 PM
if you ussawig cap your wig fit better on your head .

Joy Carter
11-30-2006, 08:47 PM
I was told not to ware one because they hold the mosture from your skin.

Karren H
11-30-2006, 09:02 PM
I wear one sometimes, but it reallt doesn't do much....I have short hair and sometimes they ride up and move around!!

Karren

Megan_Girl
11-30-2006, 09:25 PM
I wear a cap. I find my wig(s) fit better.

Once I get the cap on and positioned just where I want it I secure it in place with a small bit of cosmetic tape, nexicare tape or similar in the front just at the hairline, at the nape of my neck also at the hairline and behind each ear.

With the cap firmly in place my wig fits perfect and the wig hides the tape.

And for us older gurls .... I also can give myself a bit of an eye lift by by taking 2 - 3" pieces of tape. Attaching the first 1/2" to my forehead just at the hairline above each eye and pull the tape up and secure the remaining 2 1/2" of tape to the wig cap.

The benefits are 2 fold:
1. It eliminates my drooping upper eye lids
2. It adds a nice arch to my eyebrows

It took a bit of experimentation to get the right spots and angle on the tape. But, I think it was worth the effort.

Thats my :2c:

XXX

Megan

Melinda G
11-30-2006, 10:13 PM
I tried a wig cap, but it gave me a pounding headache, and left a trench in my forehead.:rolleyes:

linnea
11-30-2006, 10:46 PM
A wig cap gave me a headache and didn't seem to make much difference in how well my wig fit or stayed in place.

Barbara Nicole
11-30-2006, 11:07 PM
Megan
Thank's for the "tape" tip . Does a wig cap come in different sizes
Barb

VanessaC
11-30-2006, 11:30 PM
I wear a wig cap made from the cut off tops of stay-up hosiery. I find that it breathes very well and, when my wig is secured with bobby pins, stops it from slowly sliding up my head poised to fly off and take someone’s eye out. It’s not a good look when, out immaculately dress, you find yourself constantly adjusting your wig as if you’re a elderly gentleman pulling your cap down tighter while walking into a bracing wind.

However, I find using the tops of stay-up hosiery has another great advantage. Place the sticky section of the stay-ups two thirds between your eyebrows and hairline, place the rest of the stay-ups comfortably on your head, and then slowly glide the sticky section at the front closer to your hairline. Voila! You have given yourself a mini face lift smoothing any lines on your forehead and raising your eyebrows for a much more feminine look. To make sure the tape stays effective all night make sure your forehead is foundation free and clean (you might also have to shave any fluffy tiny hairs on your forehead for maximum effectiveness, I know, I know more shaving but a girl's gotta do what a ...) and make sure the stay-up tops are clean. Then apply your make-up and wig as you wish.

Vanessa

MsJanessa
12-01-2006, 08:57 AM
I tried a wig cap, but it gave me a pounding headache, and left a trench in my forehead.:rolleyes:

ditto---the headache did not make up for the slight improvement in the way the wig looked