PDA

View Full Version : To Look Like A Woman

Penny
11-30-2006, 09:30 PM
All of my life, since puberty, I strived to look like a woman. The fact is, I am a perfectionist. While I'm not conpulsive, I certainly am when it comes to crossdressing. To me, anything worth doing is worth doing perfectly. Certain endeavors could easily be dismissed because I lacked the talent, physical ability or mental capasity to excell which were just reasons for discontinuence.
Even though I know I will never emulate a woman perfectly, I am compelled to try in spite of physical differences. Am I alone in this futile quest? Does Scotty need to beam me up because there is not intelligent life at my computer?

Krystenw
11-30-2006, 09:50 PM
Hey Penny,
The last shrink I went to and my wife and daughter tells me that I am compulsive. In particular when it comes to the clothes I am wearing whether it be male of female. I just like to look good in what ever it is I am wearing. So I don't think you are alone at all.

Lori SC
11-30-2006, 09:54 PM
It depends on just how cumpulsive a perfectionist you are Penny...

I too, like to dress fully as a woman, and do my best at it. But I have to accept that I'll never be perfect, so I do the best I can with dressing in the time I have allotted. Then I go have FUN!

The act of dressing up is only a means to an end - That being - looking female at home or out in public.

Ya can't beat shopping while en femme.:thumbsup:

I'd never go out in public other than fully dressed. In the privacy of my own home... Who knows how much or little I'll wear on any particular day.

Hugs, Lori

janet p
11-30-2006, 10:04 PM
Penny you are not alone. I won't even go to work(truck drive) without looking presentable. Today to many people take the casual look to far,cut off pants, holes in shirts and anything else so they don't have to trouble themself with doing things right.Like you say if it's worth doing it's worth doing right.:love:

Mona
11-30-2006, 10:16 PM
And what woman doesn't strive to look her best?
Hugs, Mona

MarinaTwelve200
11-30-2006, 10:58 PM
Hmmm--In MY case I was always driven to see or discover what I would have LOOKED LIKE as a woman. Something I have only achieved to a satisfactory degree within the last two years. I might pass for one NOW in a photograph, but likely never in RL.

Jesse69
11-30-2006, 11:58 PM
I do enjoy doing my best to look like a woman and pass. And when I'm all dolled up I admire myself in a full length mirror. Just need a training corset, better makeup skills, and a good femme voice to do more!

I never thought I was passable when I was a size 12 to 16 for many years.

Lauren Richards
12-01-2006, 12:32 AM
Penny,
From your photos and posts, I think you do a great job of looking (and acting) very much the female. I only hope that you are striving for excellence, not perfection. With perfection as a goal, you will be constantly disappointed. With excellence, an attainable goal, you can look and feel wonderful at the same time! Keep on being you, and you can keep on having those great results - and maybe even give yourself a few well deserved pats on the back (check your bra while you are back there!).

Lauren

Sweet Jane
12-01-2006, 12:51 AM
Hi Penny

I don't think I'm searching for perfection like you. I do try not to look like some sideshow freak, but I suppose unless accept fully this lady hiding within, and trust me I struggle with that, then I'm destined to look a little like a guy in a dress.

Anyway, embrace your femininity...if you keep searching, I'm sure one day you will find it to your satisfaction...hey it'll be in the last place you look!!!...and BTW you look fantastic..

Bethanygirl
12-01-2006, 01:44 AM
Penny, you come across very naturally in your photos, just let that attitude shine through and people will accept you for the woman you present yourself as. If some wonder about your true gender, it will be because you showed the insucurity of being caught. In casual observation, truth is in advertising, advertise yourself as female by acting natural, and everyone will believe your truth.

Eugenie
12-01-2006, 02:38 AM
I'm nor sure I'm looking for perfection, but I sure would like to look as much as a real woman as I can.

I try to dress in a way a woman my age and size would dress: appropriately to the time and place of her current activity. Casual for going out, sometimes shabby to stay at home, elegant when receiving guests or going out to the restaurant.

And whatever the outfit I chose to wear, I look for realistic appearance. Even for the very common French Maid fantazy, I dress like a real French maid does, as they are dressed in some classy restaurants here in France. There's a pic of me in such an outfit in the Picture Galery section(http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44549)

I'm also picky about the choice of my underwear. They have to be matched together and matched to what I wear above. I only wear underwear that real women wear: comfortable ones... :heehee: I leave the sexy scratchy ones for exceptional intimate moments :devil:

:hugs:
Eugenie

Lisa Golightly
12-01-2006, 03:24 AM
Nah... I have days when I really can't be arsed. :)

Rita Knight
12-01-2006, 07:17 AM
The point of dressing is not about "passing." It is about as looking good as you possibly can. No matter how good you are, some people will "read" you when you are out in public.

Penny
12-01-2006, 07:56 AM
The point of dressing is not about "passing." It is about as looking good as you possibly can. No matter how good you are, some people will "read" you when you are out in public.
You are so right. If you read my posts, it is not my attempt to pass. Attempting to pass at some point means you could fail. I dress for me and I guess a better word for perfection would be exellence. Maybe I should strive for exellence before I attempt perfection and maybe that's what I am forced to do now because of my real gender.
Thanks ladies

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Penny

Marcie Sexton
12-01-2006, 08:06 AM
Penny, I am obsessive/complusive, I want every thing in its place, that includes me...I want to be total woman when I dress...there is nothing wrong with an attitude of seeking perfection...We both know we are not perfect, but boy can we have fun in trying to attain it....

You go girl, I'm 100% behind you and would gladly walk side by side or hand in hand with you down any street in the USA...:hugs:

It is the attitudes of girls like you that keep my hopes high in being able to some day have some one want to do the same with me...:heehee: other than my loving wife:happy:

MsJanessa
12-01-2006, 12:44 PM
Never stop trying to look your best hon---it's that striving for perfection in feminine beauty(even though we may never acheive it) that sets Us T-Girls apart from lesser people.

janedoe311
12-01-2006, 01:07 PM
to pass as a woman.
:tongueout

Diana West
12-01-2006, 01:24 PM
The issue may be "What is perfect?"

I don't know of any woman who feels her appearance cannot be improved upon. Sometimes its the journey and the the destination that is important.

Striving for perfection is a noble pursuit.
But then what happens when you get there????:joke:

Nicole Summers
12-01-2006, 01:31 PM
don't beam up quite yet, all you can do is the best with what you've got and your already more beautiful than a lot of the women I've seen lately.:D

Calliope
12-01-2006, 01:42 PM
Even though I know I will never emulate a woman perfectly, I am compelled to try in spite of physical differences.

Supposedly - without her makeup, Marilyn Monroe was unidentifiable.

janedoe311
12-01-2006, 07:07 PM
Supposedly - without her makeup, Marilyn Monroe was unidentifiable.

She demonstrated "Here is not Marilyn Monroe" and she walked down a busy street and no one noticed her.

Then she stopped and said "Here is Marilyn Monroe", and within a second people stopped her and ask her for her autograph.

It is all about attitude, the walk and how you hold yourself.

Without make up if she wanted to be noticed she would be.

FYI; this was not a dumb blond she was a smart lady,(with problems).

Glenda58
12-01-2006, 07:34 PM
Yes I try to be perfect when dressed. Have taken off my makeup when I felt it wasn't right and started all over again took hours.

Kate Simmons
12-01-2006, 08:17 PM
Supposedly - without her makeup, Marilyn Monroe was unidentifiable.I don't look like Norma Jean but when I'm en femme and show folks my licence, the jaws drop to the floor. I look nothing like my guy self. The funny part is, I don't take a lot of time and effort to get the "perfect look" as many of you gals do. It takes me about half an hour from shaving to out the door. Not being so conderned about my appearance makes me more convincing I guess (plus I "fake it" a lot and do all the quick little "tricks" that women do).:happy: Kay

MJ
12-01-2006, 08:40 PM
to pass as a woman.
:tongueout
i try to look my best. every day.. if you are going to do something do it right my dad would say
oh and jane that middle Brest has got to go he he he .. BTW did you ever live near 3 mile island

lori m crawford
12-02-2006, 12:04 AM
you look grrrrrt girl dont stop

Samantha O
12-08-2006, 03:11 AM
Yeah Penny, I would have to say I'm a perfectionist too. Every time I go out enfemme, I really, really, try to look my best. Clothes, hair, makeup...I spare no effort (or expense:heehee:). For me, it's really about appearing as and being accepted as, a real woman. Good Luck so far...don't think I've ever been "read" as anyhting but a GG. I really try to take it to an artform...a little obsessive, I know...but that's what CDing is all about to me.

DeeDee3
12-08-2006, 04:48 AM
All of my life, since puberty, I strived to look like a woman. The fact is, I am a perfectionist. While I'm not conpulsive, I certainly am when it comes to crossdressing. To me, anything worth doing is worth doing perfectly. Certain endeavors could easily be dismissed because I lacked the talent, physical ability or mental capasity to excell which were just reasons for discontinuence.
Even though I know I will never emulate a woman perfectly, I am compelled to try in spite of physical differences. Am I alone in this futile quest? Does Scotty need to beam me up because there is not intelligent life at my computer?

To look like a woman is my desire as well. I'm certain in my youth I did attain that goal. Even now past middle age I feel I could do better than many GG's I'm acquainted with. I see so many of all ages sloppily dressed and unfemine in appearance. Sweat pants, T-Shirt, sneakers, little or no make-up. To be quite frank I can wear exactly the same thing as them, and be better appearing than them even in drab mode. Not all dress that way but look around when you're out, I wouldn't be caught dead dressing like some of these GG's do. DeeDee

Joy Carter
12-08-2006, 05:02 AM
Good thread as alway Penny. I'm very much the same but I have tone down the perfectionism in recent years. I do like to dress nice weather in drab of as a gurl. I just need to get a boob tuck.:heehee:

Kate Simmons
12-08-2006, 05:13 AM
You are so right. If you read my posts, it is not my attempt to pass. Attempting to pass at some point means you could fail. I dress for me and I guess a better word for perfection would be exellence. Maybe I should strive for exellence before I attempt perfection and maybe that's what I am forced to do now because of my real gender.
Thanks ladies

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

PennyBTW Penny, you look gorgeous as always. I think that's a better statement, dressing for excellence, rather than perfection. My goal is not to "pass" either really just to do the best I can because when all is said and done, I'm doing it for myself and no one else really. I used to worry about this or that but lately am pretty much satisfied with my appearance. My friends accept me as Ericka anyway, so I figure I'll spend my time and energy enjoying myself. Don't get me wrong, I love looking nice and recieve a lot of compliments but my overall goal is just to be myself and enjoy that. I've learned not to be that much of a "fussbudget" though. I have other things to worry about. Still, there is no excuse not to look your best and I strive to look as natural as I can. Depends on your outlook I guess but you do get out of it what you put into it.:happy: Ericka Kay

marie354
12-08-2006, 08:36 AM
I thing that it's a natural thing to always look your best no matter how you dress. I always have and will continue to be the best that I can be!:happy:

MsEva
12-08-2006, 08:43 AM
I have to agree, anything worth doing is worth doing well. Have fun!

Penny
12-08-2006, 12:13 PM
BTW Penny, you look gorgeous as always. I think that's a better statement, dressing for excellence, rather than perfection. My goal is not to "pass" either really just to do the best I can because when all is said and done, I'm doing it for myself and no one else really. I used to worry about this or that but lately am pretty much satisfied with my appearance. My friends accept me as Ericka anyway, so I figure I'll spend my time and energy enjoying myself. Don't get me wrong, I love looking nice and recieve a lot of compliments but my overall goal is just to be myself and enjoy that. I've learned not to be that much of a "fussbudget" though. I have other things to worry about. Still, there is no excuse not to look your best and I strive to look as natural as I can. Depends on your outlook I guess but you do get out of it what you put into it.:happy: Ericka Kay
Thanks for the compliment Erica. You and I think a lot alike but still, I am a fussbudget.

Karren H
12-08-2006, 08:26 PM
Well Penny, you look like a woman to me!!!

Love Karren

danam
12-08-2006, 08:29 PM
I constantly read the Health technology news, waiting for the scientists to develop a truly effective gender change technology...until then, its life as normal and a vivid imagination. Maybe 30 years away?

S. Lisa Smith
12-08-2006, 08:39 PM
I have to agree, anything worth doing is worth doing well. Have fun!

I couldn't agree more!!

Penny
12-09-2006, 10:54 AM
Well Penny, you look like a woman to me!!!

Love Karren
Yea but after crawling around in a mine all day, everything has to look better!:heehee:

:hugs:

Penny

Sally24
12-09-2006, 08:39 PM
I'll have to confess to alot of OCD with my dressing. I attempt to not look like I'm trying too hard, but I do like to have everything color coordinated and "just so". It's usually worth the effort, but it is easy to be too critical and not happy with the outcome. I try to not have too high a goal but I still constantly want to be at least attractive, if not pretty.

When I finally get out in public, then I relax.

Sally

linnea
12-09-2006, 09:43 PM
I strive to look like a woman and to look my best as a woman, and I'll keep working on it as long as I live. I agree that if you're going to do it, try to do it as well as you can. I'm inspired by many of my sisters here (and sometimes envy them for the wonderful looks that they achieve)--and that includes you.