PDA

View Full Version : It's Your Wife/Partner They Recognise, Not You.

Vicky_Scot
12-01-2006, 05:50 AM
I would like to go out dressed with my wife to a nice little restuarant or the movies etc but the one thing that stops this as no on else knows I dress is this.

If we are honest when you go out dressed alone there is little chance anyone you know will recognise you as they are not looking out for you dressed as a woman unless there is something specific about you that gives you away.....a tattoo, scar etc.

But if you go out with your wife/partner when you are dressed then you have someone with you that makes you instantly recognisable. They will approach your S/O as she is no different in public and oh how are you and who is this?

Oh god it's your husband/man. Unless your quick enough to get away un-noticed.

Views pls

I hope I have put this issue over in a understandable way.

sara_also
12-01-2006, 08:49 AM
What you bring up has been no problem in the past, however since moving from a large city to a small hamlet of a town, that very possibility exist.
I am sure we will have to be much more discreet in the future. I don't believe that others will talk to her yet, but I am sure it will be something to think about. Most of our outtings will have to be to other places now.

paulaN
12-01-2006, 10:02 AM
That's why my wife will never go out with me. besides she realy doesn't like to see me dressed. when we do travel we almost always meet someone from our small hometown.

Scrunchie-Bunchie
12-01-2006, 11:09 AM
I will never forget staying in a tiny hotel in Tallinn in Estonia. It wasn't the easiest hotel to get to not the most luxurious but who did I meet there but a friend from university that I'd last seen several years earlier in university. I should add here that the university was in Britain and that we came from different parts of Britain.

Given that often seems to happen - you're somewhere that you think you know nobody and suddenly find old friends, nowhere seems all that safe.

JulieCDorlando
12-01-2006, 12:03 PM
I will never forget staying in a tiny hotel in Tallinn in Estonia. It wasn't the easiest hotel to get to not the most luxurious but who did I meet there but a friend from university that I'd last seen several years earlier in university. I should add here that the university was in Britain and that we came from different parts of Britain.

Given that often seems to happen - you're somewhere that you think you know nobody and suddenly find old friends, nowhere seems all that safe.

I agree. Many years ago when I was married I went on vacation with my family to Washington D.C. I was walking with my family in front of the Smithsonian, and met an old friend from my childhood in whom I have not seen in well over 20 years. I recognized her immediately. I was totally stunned when I saw her in a city far away from where we both lived.

Marcie Sexton
12-01-2006, 12:13 PM
That is the very reason why I haven't been out, but...my wife and I have an excursion planned soon...

Bernadina
12-01-2006, 12:57 PM
It happens to me the other way around. Other Cders I know recognize me in drab when my wife is with me as they recognize her.

kathy gg
12-01-2006, 01:47 PM
As a gg being recognized is an issue many have....but we have friends who are very clever ......one couple has an escape plan, if per chance the wife is clocked the husband is to immediately step away and meet at a specific location after she gets away.

Another couple has the wife wear a wig and totally different make up than she normally would wear. Her wigs make her quiet different looking too, so far they have had no problems.

If a wife really wants to go out and be with her swetie...most find ways to make it work.

Calliope
12-01-2006, 01:51 PM
They will approach your S/O as she is no different in public and oh how are you and who is this? Oh god it's your husband/man. Unless your quick enough to get away un-noticed.

That's why it su*ks to live in the closet.

Diana West
12-01-2006, 02:31 PM
If you go to a dimly lit, quiet spot, someone may recognize you, but allow you some privacy.

Bethanygirl
12-01-2006, 03:18 PM
If your life doesn't allow for a possible discovery, but you and your wife would like to spend time having fun togeather, why not save up and go on a Transgendered Cruise once a year? A week totally enfemme with your wife dining, dancing, and sight-seeing, and no worrys. It may be hard to wait a year, but use the anticipation to build enjoyment when you finally do go. Most Major Cruise lines have CD or Transgender-only cruises scheduled every season, just talk to an out of town travel agency about it.

I hope your pocketbook can accomidate such a vacation, and that you find a way for you and your wife to enjoy being with each other in this special way.
:love:

linnea
12-01-2006, 04:22 PM
As a gg being recognized is an issue many have....but we have friends who are very clever ......one couple has an escape plan, if per chance the wife is clocked the husband is to immediately step away and meet at a specific location after she gets away.

Another couple has the wife wear a wig and totally different make up than she normally would wear. Her wigs make her quiet different looking too, so far they have had no problems.

If a wife really wants to go out and be with her swetie...most find ways to make it work.

These are good ideas and workable I think. Thank you.

Penny
12-01-2006, 04:33 PM

Try this, if your out togather and your with your wife and get made and your concerned about it, just say you lost a bet and this the price you had to pay.
Be sure to include the fact that you think you actually look better this way and maybe you'll do this more ofter. Then check out the reaction to that.
In my case I guess it really doen't matter since my wife still calls me by my real name when we go out. It's amazing the looks you get when your wife
calls you over to see something while you are shopping. And still, life goes on!

~Dee~
12-01-2006, 06:14 PM
i can relate to this.

i remember going to my local support group and they were taking pictures to go up on the website .. i avoided them totally .. (it was like my 2 times out mind you :happy:)
and a couple people came over and said ..
"its ok, its not like anyone would recognise you"

err ... my spouse was standing right next to me ...
and though everyone else was allowed the extra anonymity of wearing a wig .... there was little that was actually different in how i looked. i just looked like me but dressed up.

i tried to think of many little ways to get around being seen by someone .. and tried to figure how i could hide us away ..
i figured on disguising Kitty .. essentially setting up the plan that Kathy spoke of ...
but in the end of it ... all that happened was i agreed to take things one step at a time .. and we went to places that i felt i had little or no chance of bumping into anyone i knew ... and i quickly grew in confidence to the point where i didnt need the help, i just figured what the hey.

but if you are looking for a way to do more adventurous stuff, there have been a few good suggestions already said.
like the sound of making an excuse for a cruise too :happy:

Vicky_Scot
12-04-2006, 07:31 AM
Great replies keep them coming girls.