PDA

View Full Version : Mixed Dressing

Rachael
12-01-2006, 06:49 AM
I wonder whether other memebers, like me, enjoy dressing in a skirt, but otherwise as a male. On several occasions I have ventured out in a short skirt, but otherwise dressed as a male. Admitedly, I have taken the precaution of driving to a less populated area away from the neighbours before promenading. I have attracted some curious stares, but no adverse reactions so far.
I do always wear appropriate panties so as not to dispaly anything I shouldn't. Is this a peculiar fetish, or widespread?:love:

Shelly Preston
12-01-2006, 06:55 AM
Hi Rachael

What you really need is a Kilt

While its not the same as a skirt you wont get stares for wearing a skirt in public

Marla S
12-01-2006, 07:06 AM
Skirts and high heels are the only things I don't wear in public yet.

My usual outfit is mix mostly fem clothes with some male accents.
Didn't wear pure drab in months.

Rachael
12-01-2006, 07:13 AM
I have thought of a kilt, but the cost of the genuine article seems high. A friend of mine pays over £300 and has several. Do you know anywhere cheaper+?
Also. would it be femeine enough+? They seem very masculine to me
On the plus side, I would be able to wear it virtually anywhere and anytime
There is definitely a place in my wardrobe:love:

CDBarbie
12-01-2006, 07:16 AM
Nice gams. I wear a skirt anytime I get an opportunity. Skirt and heels are a must. Looks good with a button down shirt, tail out.

Brianna Lovely
12-01-2006, 07:26 AM
Gender Warrior? giggle
Right now I have three going out in daytime modes, drab, semi-drab and full dress.

Drab for me is fem shorts, nails done and wearing sandals.

Semi-drab may be, lipstick, parfume, brows and lashes done, a denim skirt, (if the skirt has pockets) male pocket tee or fem top. If the skirt has no pockets, I'll carry a denim over the shoulder purse. No matter what top I'm wearing, I may or may not wear my forms and a bra.

Full dress always includes a wig, forms, skirt, top, purse, jewlery, and parfume.

Karren H
12-01-2006, 08:03 AM
IF i'm going to wear a skirt then the rest of the clothing is a must.....at least for me!!!

Karren

Lauren Richards
12-01-2006, 08:08 AM
Works for me! I have done it several times, even stopping traffic with the look on Thanksgiving (another thread). I also enjoy full-on femme dressing, and going out into the world makes it even more fun. My closet was getting to small to stay inside..

Lauren

Emma England
12-01-2006, 09:19 AM
IF i'm going to wear a skirt then the rest of the clothing is a must.....at least for me!!!

Karren

I agree Karren.

Maybe she hasnt got the rest of the clothing yet?

But if you are going to wear a skirt, then why not a nice blouse to go with it?

Cristi
12-01-2006, 12:32 PM
I have thought of a kilt, but the cost of the genuine article seems high. A friend of mine pays over £300 and has several. Do you know anywhere cheaper+?

Take a look at http://www.stillwaterkilts.com/. They sell on ebay. I've got one and, while it may not be as high quality as a 'real' (expensive) kilt I still think it is a decent article of clothing. I also own some 'utilikilts' http://www.utilikilts.com/, but they are MUCH more expensive.

I agree, a kilt doesn't give you that 'feminine' feeling, but on the other hand I can wear it anywhere without feeling like I am suddenly the center of attention!

Tammi
12-01-2006, 01:01 PM
I have done it several times and with a demin skirt and I don't think most people even acknowleged that they noticed , I think most didn't

DonnaT
12-01-2006, 02:30 PM
I've done it, even stopping to get gas at a very busy station. No reaction by anyone was noticed. Not even the guy standing right in front of me using the opposite side of the pump.

Butterfly Bill
12-01-2006, 03:20 PM
More androgynous men wear long skirts than short, but that doesn't mean that short skirts aren't done. Looks like you might find kindred spirits at http://www.skirtcafe.org/forums/index.php

Butterfly Bill
12-01-2006, 03:31 PM

(You don't say where you are from, so I will answer this from a USA point of view.)

Go to a Renaissance faire or a Scottish Games event and look thru what the vendors have to offer. I have seen them for under $100 at places in Kansas and Oklahoma. ($100 to $200 is more typical.) They don't feel feminine to me either, especially when they are usually made of heavy wool. But if you wear one, there is no way you won't get attention. It will be the decidedly positive kind from women. Lots of lassies go goo goo over them at ren faires, and you will be getting lots of compliments and questions about whether you are Scottish if you wear one in the mundane world.

Penny
12-01-2006, 04:06 PM
Nope! Can't go out half dressed. As for the neighbots, they don't have to llive with me, just next to me.

Felicia Conti
12-01-2006, 04:09 PM
For me, its all the way or drab. Hugs.

Felicia

sweeting
12-02-2006, 03:24 AM
hi rachal i quite often just wear a skirt i also have 4 skirts that look like a kilt and i wear these out and about

Kate Simmons
12-02-2006, 04:11 AM
Depends on what kind of effect you get from it and how it makes you feel Hon. Everyone is different.:happy: Ericka Kay

Lauren Richards
12-02-2006, 10:58 AM
Yep, Like Erica says..everyone is different.

Rachel Morley
12-02-2006, 01:30 PM
I wonder whether other members, like me, enjoy dressing in a skirt, but otherwise as a male..... Is this a peculiar fetish, or widespread?
I posted a few times in the past that I openly wear women's clothes as a guy. That said, when I'm in “girly boy mode” I haven't worn a skirt or anything - not yet anyway although this summer I nearly wore a skort and sandals but otherwise dressed as a guy - maybe next summer.

I'm not sure if it's a fetish you have or not, probably not. It's just a fun thing that makes you feel good when you do it. I don't think it's particularly widespread it just seems to me that it's a way of feeling a little bit feminine without going the whole way. I can do the same thing with feminine sweaters and cardigans.

Katrina
12-02-2006, 02:27 PM
Hey, if that's how you want to express yourself, just do it and don't worry about what other people think. I have not worn a skirt out in public yet, even enfemme. I do wear at least something from the ladies department at all times these days, but its usually things that could easily be mistaken for guys clothes. I did go to a gas station this last weekend in glittery jeans and a pair of high heel boots. I had on a ladies shirt that looks like a guy's shirt as well. Nobody noticed anything.