PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite color necktie?

CaptLex
12-01-2006, 11:38 AM
Many people comment that the FtM section is the serious, thinking section and I take that as a compliment, but I'd like us to have some more fun threads too so you don't think we're just glum boys. So, in the spirit of a lighter topic of discussion. Here's a question - open to anyone who wears ties (male, female, undecided). However, if you're posting just to tell us you hate your ties - don't bother. We want to keep this light. :tongueout

Question: What color(s) is/are your favorite necktie(s)?

Here's my answer:

I don't have any solid-color ties, actually. Most of my ties are "artistic" Jerry Garcia ties - very abstract. They're usually mostly blue in color, as blue is my favorite color, but I also have a very cool red one that I really like.

Today I'm wearing this one . . .

pocoyo
12-01-2006, 11:46 AM
Awww that tie is very nice and makes me all nostalgic for one of my ex boyfriends. He used to wear ties like that. mmmm.

I have a beautifully stylish purple one thats almost metallicy. I love it.

Adam
12-01-2006, 12:51 PM
dark blue when i do wear one :D

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i274/adam_simon_p/meintie2.jpg

but tbh i dont wear one that often

pocoyo
12-01-2006, 12:54 PM
What a lovely picture!!! (and tie of course).

CaptLex
12-01-2006, 01:26 PM
Nice one, Adam! :thumbsup:

Lisa Golightly
12-01-2006, 02:10 PM
I have a beautifully stylish purple one thats almost metallicy. I love it.

I have to admit I do like to see a man in a dark grey suit wearing a deep purple or plum tie.

Abraxas
12-01-2006, 02:47 PM
I have so many ties it's ridiculous. I enjoy all types, kinds, colours, and patterns, but what particularly strikes my fancy is a plain black or white silk tie. Either of which worn over a black shirt, with a black suit.
I realise the all-black look has a sort of morbid, funeral-going aura to it, but I like the look anyway. :D

pocoyo
12-01-2006, 03:09 PM
I have to admit I do like to see a man in a dark grey suit wearing a deep purple or plum tie.

Yeah that's so stylish. hehe I'm tempted to post a photo now..... naah too shy :happy:

pocoyo
12-01-2006, 03:22 PM
I have so many ties it's ridiculous. I enjoy all types, kinds, colours, and patterns, but what particularly strikes my fancy is a plain black or white silk tie. Either of which worn over a black shirt, with a black suit.
I realise the all-black look has a sort of morbid, funeral-going aura to it, but I like the look anyway. :D

Ooh yes a very cool look! I like the cut of your jib lol

CaptLex
12-01-2006, 03:53 PM
Yeah that's so stylish. hehe I'm tempted to post a photo now..... naah too shy :happy:

Please, please, please . . . :cool:

pocoyo
12-01-2006, 04:21 PM
Hehe erm, I'll see what I can do. But it will only be temporary :p :blushing:

bi_weird
12-01-2006, 04:36 PM
I only have one, but it's wonderful! My colorblind friend got it as a late birthday present, and it's quite vivid purple. Letter her pick ties more often, as I love it.
Hoping to get more for Christmas though. A solid black one would be great, and something fun and geometric.
But yeah, now that I have a tie, I want to wear it around all the time. I think it's the article of clothing I associate most strongly with masculinity.

pocoyo
12-01-2006, 05:34 PM
Please, please, please . . . :cool:

Ere you go :straightface:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=649561#post649561

Kieron Andrew
12-01-2006, 05:37 PM

oh god youve gone and done it now lol........you know your gonna have to keep adding to that thread now hehee

pocoyo
12-01-2006, 05:39 PM
lol I'll probably delete it after a while due to feeling embarrased/exposed!
Thanks so much though :p

Kieron Andrew
12-01-2006, 05:42 PM
lol I'll probably delete it after a while due to feeling embarrased/exposed!
Thanks so much though :pdont you bloody dare!! lol,

Stacy GG
12-01-2006, 05:44 PM
wow Pocoyo great pic! takes me back to the '80's :heehee:

pocoyo
12-01-2006, 05:57 PM
Thanks Stacy! Cool. The 80's rock :happy:

Kieron Andrew
12-01-2006, 06:01 PM
ok ok where the heck has Capt gone to lol

pocoyo
12-01-2006, 06:11 PM
Perhaps I scared him off. oops! He's gone to throw up over the side of the ship haha. CHUNDER!

Evert
12-01-2006, 06:36 PM
I don't have ties! Not one!

I wear my shirts open with a white/black/whatever colored T-shirt beneath it.
:2c:

CaptLex
12-02-2006, 12:46 AM

I'm back, guys (sorry I was held up) and I posted a response in that thread. Thanks for indulging me, Pocoyo, those are great pics - with or without the tie. If I was that photogenic they'd never get me out of the Photo Gallery. :^5:

Lisa Golightly
12-02-2006, 01:14 PM

Cute :battingeyelashes:

ubokvt
12-02-2006, 04:29 PM
Beggin your pardon and with all due respect Capn ties make as much sense to me as panties do to you, guess were even.

CaptLex
12-02-2006, 07:27 PM
Beggin your pardon and with all due respect Capn ties make as much sense to me as panties do to you, guess were even.
Not even close . . . when we get as many tie threads as you ladies have panty threads, then maybe we can call it even. :heehee: But I think I know what you're saying, you're about as thrilled with ties as we are with panties. It's guy thing, and we are guys, after all . . . :tongueout

ubokvt
12-02-2006, 08:06 PM
It's guy thing, and we are guys, after all . . .

Guys eh! seem to remember a thread not to long ago "I'm a man" does the shoe fit

CaptLex
12-02-2006, 08:12 PM
Guys eh! seem to remember a thread not to long ago "I'm a man" does the shoe fit
Well, we were talking about ties, not shoes, but yeah . . . all those shoes fit well: Men, Guys, Blokes, Dudes, Boys, Hombres, Males . . . you get the picture.

pocoyo
12-02-2006, 08:14 PM
Cute :battingeyelashes:

Why thank you fair lady :happy:

RevMoonSerpent
12-03-2006, 12:51 AM
I don't know about favorite color possibly anything with black. This however, is my favorite tie. I loved it so much that I had all the guys in my wedding party wear that tie.

http://www.wildties.com/vimages/ties/WT100366L.jpg

Kieron Andrew
12-03-2006, 12:53 AM
I don't know about favorite color possibly anything with black. This however, is my favorite tie. I loved it so much that I had all the guys in my wedding party wear that tie.

http://www.wildties.com/vimages/ties/WT100366L.jpg

oooh i want one!!

CaptLex
12-03-2006, 11:55 AM
That's a great tie, Rev! And it even matches what you're wearing in the avatar. Love it! :thumbsup:

Felix
12-03-2006, 12:16 PM
I only got one tie It's black I love black ties black shirts but would wear a black shirt and white silk tie cos that looks dapper. I like black suits but also think grey can look quite smart like at weddings and such like. My problem with shirts and ties is that I loose my neck which doesn't look good so that's why I dont tend to wear them.

Rev ya got it goin on there bro!! xx Felix :hugs:

Gabriel
12-03-2006, 06:07 PM
Solid black and brown, coz I'm glum. :p

CaptLex
12-03-2006, 10:40 PM
Solid black and brown, coz I'm glum. :p
As Felix mentioned, black ties are cool. My cousin used to have a thin, black leather tie that was very nice. I wonder if he still has it and I can borrow it. You don't usually see brown ties, though. Or is it black and brown together?

jsoto81
01-18-2007, 01:26 AM
...but what particularly strikes my fancy is a plain black or white silk tie. Either of which worn over a black shirt, with a black suit.

Dude I'm right there with you. The first suit that I'm going to have custom made is a all black three piece suit, james bond style with the vest. I'm very partial to the British suit look. Got to love it.

I'll try on friday to get a picture of me in my tie that I have and dress shirt to give everyone a look.

Oh and if anyone wants any good tips, I found it useful, Queer Eye had a episode where they helped out a TransGuy. It was pretty good, you can buy it on iTunes for like 2 bucks. But it is a awesome episode, they help him find clothes that fit him better. And how to deal with things he wasn't going through during the first puberty.

MsEva
01-26-2007, 06:33 PM
Many people comment that the FtM section is the serious, thinking section and I take that as a compliment, but I'd like us to have some more fun threads too so you don't think we're just glum boys. So, in the spirit of a lighter topic of discussion. Here's a question - open to anyone who wears ties (male, female, undecided). However, if you're posting just to tell us you hate your ties - don't bother. We want to keep this light. :tongueout

Question: What color(s) is/are your favorite necktie(s)?

Here's my answer:

I don't have any solid-color ties, actually. Most of my ties are "artistic" Jerry Garcia ties - very abstract. They're usually mostly blue in color, as blue is my favorite color, but I also have a very cool red one that I really like.

Today I'm wearing this one . . .

OMG! I have that one! Or at least one GErry Garcia one that looks very similar. I like prints and stripes. College stripes are my favorite. I have a great tie collection as that is the only fashion thing that most guys wear. I also love a paisley tie.

Lex
01-26-2007, 08:50 PM
Probably my red one, with badges on it. Or my nice shiny, green, wide tie, that is pretty hot. I'll take some photos later. :D

pocoyo
01-26-2007, 09:06 PM
When I was in a store the other day with my mum (the same one she actually used my male name in) there were some lovely slim black ties and I was fondling them longingly. They were really classy.
I may have to buy one of those soon. (Not that I've worn a tie since that 80's style photoshoot I did for you guys!)

ZenFrost
01-27-2007, 01:06 AM
I only have one necktie and it's black. Black goes with everything. (I don't have to worry about color matching.)

Abraxas
01-27-2007, 03:54 AM
Dude I'm right there with you. The first suit that I'm going to have custom made is a all black three piece suit, james bond style with the vest. I'm very partial to the British suit look. Got to love it.

A bit like this? God I love that suit on him. *drools a little*

bi_weird
01-27-2007, 04:07 AM
GUYS! We finally got around to opening our house Christmas presents and guess what my roommate got me? TWO awesome ties! One is deep purple with a narrow white diagnoal stripe and actually looks sorta grown up. The other is red with white polka dots and looks nothing like grown up. So now my tie collection is up to three!
:-D:-D

CaptLex
01-27-2007, 01:30 PM
GUYS! We finally got around to opening our house Christmas presents and guess what my roommate got me? TWO awesome ties! One is deep purple with a narrow white diagnoal stripe and actually looks sorta grown up. The other is red with white polka dots and looks nothing like grown up. So now my tie collection is up to three!
:-D:-D
Congrats, Bi! I love ties . . . have more than enough of them, but I just got four more (hey, they were on sale). I guess I'm the Imelda Marcos of ties. :eek: I'm going to need a closet just for ties soon.

Oh Abraxas . . . look what you did! That picture is so hot, there's drool all over my keyboard now. :drool: :heehee: You made my day! :daydreaming:

Kieron Andrew
01-27-2007, 01:49 PM
Congrats, Bi! I love ties . . . have more than enough of them, but I just got four more (hey, they were on sale). I guess I'm the Imelda Marcos of ties. :eek: I'm going to need a closet just for ties soon.
how many you got i am betting i got more than you lol........

CaptLex
01-27-2007, 01:54 PM
how many you got i am betting i got more than you lol........
Yeah, you probably do, but I may catch up eventually. If I hadn't gotten rid of the ones I had when I was young, I might be able to give you competition, though. I keep saying I have enough, no more . . . and then I see another one that I "have to have".

The four new ones are:
a Bugs Bunny/Daffy Duck one,
a Spider-Man one,
one with old ships, and
one with little owls (I love owls).

And like I said, they were on sale (half price so it was like getting two free) - couldn't resist, mate. :D

Kieron Andrew
01-27-2007, 01:58 PM
lol i think I'm addicted Ive got 30 neckties and 5 bow ties.....is there such thing as TA...(ties anonymous)

CaptLex
01-27-2007, 02:04 PM
lol i think I'm addicted Ive got 30 neckties and 5 bow ties.....is there such thing as TA...(ties anonymous)
:lol2: Ties Anonymous . . . that's funny! :heehee: Okay, you made me go count - I have 16, about half as many as you do (for now :tongueout ). I used to have bow ties when I was younger, but I don't have any now. I have bolo ties, though - one with a rhinestone-studded star and my favorite one has a six-shooter on it. I always get compliments with that one. :D

MJ
01-27-2007, 02:09 PM
in my other life i love dark suit's blue tie and now i love a well dressed man in a dark suit and blue tie .... well OK a well dressed man in a tie like the handsome men here
you rock boys
love marissa

Abraxas
01-28-2007, 12:49 AM
I have over 50 ties :o Like... Last I counted I had 52 I think and I've gotten probably 5 new ones since then. I have no idea where they all came from...
I need help, guys! I'm drowning! lol

Cap, glad you like the pic. He's sexy to begin with, but throw him into that suit and :eek:

Gabriel
01-28-2007, 12:01 PM
I need help, guys! I'm drowning! lol
Simple. Donate them to poor FtMs! :cool:

Kieron Andrew
01-28-2007, 12:03 PM
Simple. Donate them to poor FtMs! :cool:big hint??? :tongueout

Abraxas
01-28-2007, 07:03 PM
:D
Too bad we don't have a big old clothing donation box. Not that it would work, most of us being really far away from each other. Hmmmmm.

Ryan
01-31-2007, 05:28 AM
Ohhh ties, I have lots. I have a couple of favs though. One black, one white with a kinda silky feeling to it and a new purple kinda one that I bought with a purple sort of two tone shirt which I wore to CXH on Monday :) But got changed afterward into my tee and hoody jacket, lol.

xmyheart
02-04-2007, 03:03 AM
Hm, I only like either solid metallicy type ties , or stripes. For solids, usually just the normal black and for solids, black & white lol. I like shade colors :]

Abraxas
02-04-2007, 03:54 AM
Yeah, I dig the metallicy coloured ties. Actually, anything metallic, I like.

By the way, welcome aboard! :D

bi_weird
02-04-2007, 02:30 PM
Duuuude NEWBIE! Nice to meet you xmyhear!

pocoyo
02-04-2007, 02:32 PM
Yeah, nice to meet you! :happy: