PDA

View Full Version : mirror mirror on the wall . . .

melissaK
12-01-2006, 01:55 PM
I have a slightly more serious question - has anyone had "issues" with mirrors? Yes, I know a good glass cleaner and lint free paper towels will keep them sparkling :heehee: , but I mean a problem with the reflection.

I have had a lifelong problem with mirrors in that I have never related to the reflection - it just isn't me. A profound disconnect for me that obviously is tied to an identity disorder, which is of course all wrapped up in CD/TG issues. Getting dressed gets me closer to an acceptable reflection . . . but when I have a bad-hair day, I really have a bad-hair day. :heehee: (Like Jimmy Buffet said: "If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane." from Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes)

So, I was wondering if this experience of mine is anyone elses?

Karren H
12-01-2006, 02:25 PM
Well kind of..... But not the way you think.....Sometimes I look in the mirror and I see the male that I am and that's the way I feel at the time, other times when I'm dressed is see this chick that I don't even recoginize as being me....but I like her!!! And yesterday, when going into the restroom to change, still in male mode, I saw a girl in a mans suit!!

So I don't knows who's not telling the truth, the mirror or me!!!

Karren