PDA

View Full Version : shoe shopping , felt like a woman

DeniseNJ
12-01-2006, 02:03 PM
Well the other day I went into Payless and was looking at heels in larger sizes. I almost bought a pair but I was scared they were a size 11w so I left embarressed. Well last night before I got totally dressed, I polished my toes a frosted pale pink, let dry and slip on my sheer to toe thi highs. jeans and slip on loafers. I saw a pic on this site of these sexy shoes that a new CD purchased from Payless and I had to have them. I walk into the store and there is only a few women and kids in there. I walk straight to the size 11-12 section and this girl says can I help you. I say, I am a little embarressed I am buying heels. She said many guys buy heels for their wifes. No you don't understand I am buying heels for me. Sorry but I couldn't admitt that I was a crossdresser. She smiled, I then explain that my wife has a foot fetish and likes to see me in heels. I said my wife had a few pair in mind, now she is calling the counter girl to bring the circular over I am starting to blush. she won't walk away so Denise says I came to buy heels and that what I am gonna do. saw these cute sling back peep toes, sa I slip off my loafer and expose my cute toes I slip on the pair and stand there, she looks down in amasement and says , you have pretty feet, they look real nice on you. mind you as I look down I see a woman in heels, nicely polished toes peeping through. all of a sudden I don't care anymore and start trying on wedges, dressy sandles the fear and left me. They didn't have the heels I wanted but, I explain to the cashier and she says I will look in back it is buy 1 get 1/2 off you should take advantage. She stated that more men should be like me and said pleasing my wife was really nice. She smiled and said you wouldn't believe how many guy come in here on halloween and buy heels, deep down inside I said ya I would believe:o to make a long store shore she looked up the lot # to the other heels I wanted and I called the 800# and ordered 2 more pair over the phone. the store clerk seemed so pleased to make me happy and said can I see the heels on you . By now Denise is feeling proud and i slip into them right in the lobby of the store and her eyes got so big and she smiled YOUR gonna love these, they look wonderful on you. you even polished your toes and wore hose, I said if a girl is going shopping for heels she's not gonna wear tube socks is she"":heehee: what a wonderful experience how I wish my wife would be so accepting , she wouldn't even look at them when I got them home. PS: had to repolish my toes a bright christmas red , the peep toes look great

sue ellan
12-01-2006, 02:41 PM
way to go girl. isnt shoe shopping so much fun? been to payless and asked a sa what color of shoes she would wear with a black dress. said black so i bought a black pair with 2 inch heels. didnt bother me and it didnt bother the sa.
keep shopping.
sue ellan

life is like a roll of tp. the closer to the end the faster it goes.

DonnaT
12-01-2006, 02:59 PM
Congrats Denise.

While drab, I've tried on shoes and boots at DSW, which has a more open floor space, and got no reactions from any of the ladies trying on as well.

Kristen Marie
12-01-2006, 04:13 PM
For you Payless fans, they are having a buy one, get half off your next pair sale today. Since I promised myself that I would not buy any more shoes until December, this sale could not have been at a better time.

I had to go to three different stores (all within 5 miles) to find a pair in my size that I did not already have. I was at a conference, still in my suit, but I had black nylons on underneath. I tried on about 10 pair in the last store and after trying on the first couple of pair, it was much easier in terms of my comfort level. I was actually standing in the 4" heeled shoes when a tall female customer walked by. She smiled at me as I was a tad embarassed and then started looking for her size a couple of bins down.

I spoke at length to the SA and she was incredibly nice. She said Payless brings in new styles for ladies in my size every 2 weeks, so definitely come back in. It's amazing was a nice smile from a SA does to brighten your day.

Sierra Evon
12-01-2006, 05:07 PM
Me 2 , I can get enough of going into the womens shoe depts. I typicaly only like to wear just 2 styles of shoes , Mary-Janes, low heel, and loafer style , shoozzz, youd be surprized at how offten ppl , stare at ppls shoes, its for me one the most femme , girly feeling things their is in a women arsenal...

Courtney A Anderson
12-01-2006, 05:18 PM
Good for you. great story. I'm going shoe shopping tonight, as Lori. wish me luck, No dout at payless thier the best. Pluss a sale even better.:happy:

krisinpink
12-01-2006, 05:34 PM
Buying shoes IS great fun! (Shoes are my favorite part of my outfits)

It really is true that most of the SAs in these stores deal with men buying girls' shoes a lot, so they are not suprised, and lots of them probably have fun talking with T* girls like us anyway. (Also, I think they've probably heard EVERY conceivable story in the book about why a man is trying on these shoes -so that prolly is not always our best play) -also I'm thinking that many of them would rather we tell 'em straight-away what we're up to, so we can all just get to the trying-on and chatting part! -I'm not saying its easy, or have always followed my own advice!

Good job to you girl for getting your nerve AND getting your shoes!!

Glenda58
12-01-2006, 07:03 PM
Payless is a great store. Got 2 pair on Wed. while dress they help me find a tan pair of heels that matched my skirt that I had on that were so comfy I wore them out of the shoe. Also talk to a young girl about a pair of boots she was trying on. She thought that she was to tall 5'9" for them. Told I had the same ones and I was 5'10" and I had wore them all day that the mall and they feel good. She ended up buying them and thank me. So the next time you go get dressed all the way it's so much fun.

Alysin CD
12-03-2006, 10:51 AM
I bought a pair of Naturalizer boots with 4" heels dressed in drab after trying them on & walking around at a Naturalizer outlet store. The female clerk said she has had several men that do the same thing & told me to come back often. They were the most comfortable shoes I ever bought.

Had a similar experience buying bras at a L'eggs outlet store and at VS. The sale is the most important thing as far as the store is concerned.

Alysin

StacyCD
12-03-2006, 06:56 PM
While I've gone out enfemme to purchase shoes (my weakness) on a couple of occassions, it has only been as a result of reading the posts on this list that I now have a much higher level of confidence to do it again. In the past, I was so nervous and afraid as soon as I opened my mouth everyone would start laughing at the man in women's clothing that I really enjoyed it about as much as having a root canal! Now, I am very much looking forward to my next trip and I really don't care if I'm read or not! Guess I better check my credit limit on the card or make a couple trips to the cash machine beforehand!

Cheryl T
12-03-2006, 07:00 PM
I've tried on and purchased shoes in Payless, MJM designer shoes, Famous Footwear and other stores even when in drab. No one says a thing.
The pressure we feel is totally self imposed.

Remember.... Money has no sex....ours is just as good as anyone else's