PDA

View Full Version : Shaving WHy am I doing it?

ubokvt
12-01-2006, 05:12 PM
The guys over on the other side have an interesting post on shaving and not wanting to highjack it I thought I'd ask you, although I'd love the GG's and FTM imputs.
I have a very supportive, practical, feminist SO, who to the best of my knowldge hasn't shaved any where, except a mole on her chin in 20 years, not even for our wedding. She came into the bath yesterday saw me shaving my pitts and asks sarcasticly"Why are you doing that" and Lamely I answer "Because I supose too" she shakes her head, folds her arms and says "explain to me why a woman is ""supose"" to shave." It felt like one of those "How do I looK hon " questions and I didn't do any better.

SO Girls, Thats all of you "WHY AM I SUPOSE TO SHAVE"?+? Help I'm looking real foolish here.:rolleyes:

Diana_BiMale_CD
12-01-2006, 05:18 PM
I don't know about other girls/gurls, but I shave my legs, and armpits, because it makes me feel so feminine and sexy. I also tweese the few hairs that grow around my breasts as this also makes me feel more feminine. I have never liked the hairy look on women or gurls, even when I spent some time in Europe where it is common. I am a very lucky gurl, as my body has very little hair which makes it easy to keep smooth.

Brianna Lovely
12-01-2006, 05:24 PM
Now you've gone and done it, asked one of those "don't ask" questions!
giggle

Ok, I'm the first one responding, so I'll pretend to whisper, so that no one else notices.

CDs think that women should look like women, and CDs want to look like women. But.............................
The "looK' that CDs are looking for, is really just the MALE perception, of what a woman SHOULD look like.
So, perhaps that's why so many woman today dress in pants, because they want to, not because some man thinks the should.

So, in reality, any IMAGE you have in your mind, of how a woman is supposed to look, is really just your male perception of a woman.

Sharon
12-01-2006, 05:24 PM
Just say, "because I like it."

I would think that a feminist would accept the right of every individual to behave as they so choose to. :strugglin

hotbobbie
12-01-2006, 05:29 PM
On the other hand you can ask your SO why she does not shave?

Marla S
12-01-2006, 05:30 PM
Shaving in general: Some say it just looks and feels better; same as for facial hair. It is that simple.

Armpits: In principle it is more hygienic, because we have perspiratory glands there and the little sweat eating bacteria feel quite comfortable in this humid, hairy surrounding --> producing the smell from the odorless sweat (that's why we have the hairs there and elsewhere).

Legs, chest: Pentyhose or stockings just look odd with hair underneath. A hairy cleavage is at least unusual.

Personally, I feel a bit apeish with my bodyhair.

Scotty
12-01-2006, 05:54 PM
I personally like the way my legs feel without hair :)
Smooth and silky and it just feels good.

Pits - well hygene really, I don't feel feminine if I have a hairy armpit and yep that's my perception - I see women with hairy armpits and I figure they are either married or not interested in men! (I know I may get slammed on that one) :D

Sasha Anne Meadows
12-01-2006, 06:09 PM
I just can't stand to have the slightest trace of body hair anywhere. I absolutely must shave everything first thing in the morning every day.

Wendy me
12-01-2006, 06:16 PM
OK sometimes i don't quite feel all up to shaving ....then after a day's growth i am like omg i need to shave why because i like to it makes me feel good simply it makes me feel like me......

Kristen Kelly
12-01-2006, 06:29 PM
giggle

Ok, I'm the first one responding, so I'll pretend to whisper, so that no one else notices.

CDs think that women should look like women, and CDs want to look like women. But.............................
The "looK' that CDs are looking for, is really just the MALE perception, of what a woman SHOULD look like.
So, perhaps that's why so many woman today dress in pants, because they want to, not because some man thinks the should.

So, in reality, any IMAGE you have in your mind, of how a woman is supposed to look, is really just your male perception of a woman.

I think I understood that, and if I did I agree.

Janelle Young
12-01-2006, 06:35 PM
I shave because I like being hair free, so that is personal preference. Perhaps I am fooling myself but I also 'think' it makes me cooler in the summer.

Teresa Amina
12-01-2006, 07:56 PM
We, as TGrs, start at an extreme disadvantage in looking fem- we're hairier. Most ggs don't have as much, or as coarse, bodyhair to begin with. If we want to look like a woman it's gotta go. Call it a stereotype if you want but the ideal of myself as Teresa doesn't have much hair. "That guy" had facial hair of one sort or another from 16 to 50; shaving the bodyhair is a continuance of my "Teresafication":D

Byllie
12-01-2006, 08:00 PM
Well, I for one do not shave ... I epilate!:heehee:

Kate Simmons
12-01-2006, 08:05 PM
I depends on what kind of image you are tyring to present, Hon. As most of the foregoing posts have explained. If you are your own person, you need to find a look you are comfortable with.:happy: Kay

great gg
12-01-2006, 08:19 PM
giggle

I agree and add that the MALE IMAGE is somehow supposed to be normative., western culture has its male perceptions of beauty, which may be different elsewhere. the correct answer, in my opinion, is not because I'm supposed to (she has that right) but rather because I WANT TO. simple. if she is making some kind of statement about feminisim by not shaving, that is her thing; other feminists have no problem about it, or opinion about it. :2c:

Sexy_Jennifer
12-01-2006, 08:31 PM
I shave my body for the same reason that I shave my face, and it really has nothing to do with cross-dressing; I just think that hairiness looks and feels quite silly and unpleasant.

Tatiana Thomas
12-01-2006, 08:33 PM
Well, I can understand the reaction to your "supposed to" answer. I would probaby react the same way. :heehee:

IMHO you should do whatever it is you enjoy. :happy:

I shave because I love the smooth feeling. To me that is soooooooooo sexy.

:2c:

Cheryl T
12-01-2006, 08:43 PM
Wait... hairy legs in sheer hose? Is this France or something??

Sorry, I don't care for the "natural" or "european" look. My mom shaved, my s/o shaves, and I shave. For me it's the fem thing to do...

Julogden
12-01-2006, 09:38 PM
Because you prefer to, that ought to be reason enough.

Carol:hugs:

Tina Dixon
12-01-2006, 10:20 PM
Just tell her to go in the other room and keep shaving.

Chiana
12-01-2006, 11:12 PM
I certainly don't do it for anyone else since no one else gets to see my shaved legs, chest, underarms. I do it because I want to. I want to because I have always thought it looked gross when I didn't. I want to because it feels good. I want to because the absence of grey hairs keeps me younger in spirit. I want to because my modest cleavage looks better shaved. I want to because my legs look better in pantyhose when they are shaved. After thinking about it a while, I think am going to go shave right now. Mmmm, sounds like fun.... Bye.

Aprilrain
12-02-2006, 12:27 AM
I have no idea why your suposed to shave. but I just started shaving on a regular basis recently. this includes my face. but after the last purge and during the subsequent binge I shaved everything except my head. plucked my eyebrows started letting the nails grow. Now I cant go more than three days without shaving. I love the way my legs look and feel when they are shaved. My face? well it definitly looks more feminine without the gotee. I personally like my male look better with it but looking feminine when dressed is now more important to me so i just keep it shaved. the Armpitts started because my wife kept asking me to shave them for hygenic reasons I finally did and of course i look better in tank top or sleavless dress with out the hair so i have kept it up.

shawnaraylynn
12-02-2006, 01:20 AM
For me if i dont shave, I start felling neanerthal like I swear my IQ starts dropping!! When Im fresh shaven all is right with the world. :2c:

tanya3
12-02-2006, 03:46 AM
i shave my legs and use nair on the rest of my body . i have alot of body hair and quite frankley i can't stand it . yes it makes me feel and look better also cuts down on b.o. . much cooler in the summer . it can be alot of work but it's worth it .

dancingdan485
12-04-2006, 06:01 PM
Too me shaving my legs and chest is part of feeling feminine. I personally do not like hairy gurls and especially on me. Nothing feels better than the feeling you get after shaving your legs, so soft and smooth. Danielle

ReginaK
12-05-2006, 04:42 AM
I shave because it looks, feels, and smells better.

Hair is for men, bears, and other assorted woodland creatures.

Lisa Golightly
12-05-2006, 04:54 AM
SO Girls, Thats all of you "WHY AM I SUPOSE TO SHAVE"?+? Help I'm looking real foolish here.:rolleyes:

You shave because you have bought into an image that says that it aesthetically pleasing. It has equal value to your wife's Feminist viewpoint. Each to their own.

michele_t39
12-05-2006, 07:16 AM
I shave because it makes me feel better about myself. I feel more feminine (now don't ask me what more feminine means ) lol. It is somthing intangible that just makes me feel my feminine identity more. Is it a sociatial thing? ... maybe. I know the issues I am up against right now is that my SO has just told me that my shaving ( other than my face, hmmmmm figure that out ) is discusting to her. Part of that certainly is what society has instilled in her over her 40+ years. Really elevating my self esteem, ya know. It is a battle that I really have no right bitching about because I have not got up the courage that I am transgender ( to what degree the jury is still out ).

janet p
12-05-2006, 07:32 AM
I shave because I:love: the feeling of nylon and silk on my smooth skin,I hate it when I rub my legs or belly and feel stubble thru my panties,stockings,or slips.:love:So you can tell your wife it's because you want to.

Josephine56
12-05-2006, 08:25 AM
I am an example of a lower form of evolution....very hairy indeed, everywhere.

The razor is king. At 64 yrs. most hairs are white anyway, so beard shadow is less of a problem. I am a veteran competative rower and frequently shower with other similarly afflicted geriatrics, so I cannot appear strange, i.e. shaved legs, pubes &c., so nowadays I confine shaving to the face, neck, shoulders and a deep vee to below the chest (I'm trying to clear up a persistent chest psoriasis rash!). This allows me wear plunging necklines and associated jewellry. The legs I must cover with two pairs, one patterned, the other sheer/gloss/shiny, or whatever. No hairs show !

cd_stacey
12-05-2006, 08:30 AM
Well...for me....I like to shave because the boys like the way I look. *giggle*

Angela D
12-05-2006, 09:23 AM
I have been shaving the chest, armpits and pubes for a while now and just this past week took the plunge and shaved the legs. AWESOME!!! I just look and feel a whole lot sexier. With the lotion I have been using my legs are getting softer and softer by the day!

Michelia
12-05-2006, 10:05 AM
I never cared for women shaving their armpits. It seemed unnatural. I hated getting stubble if I ever wanted to kiss this erogenous zone. I also did not care for shaving legs too much although my preference was always, if you are going to do it, then keep them shaved. Now, I have found my beautiful shaved legs and cannot give them up. But I am not sure if I will ever shave my armpits....I know in the US it is looked down on. And I love sleeveless things too. Maybe I will thin this hair out only instead of a complete shave!

Michelia

cathie
12-05-2006, 10:06 AM
I remove the hair because it feels good and looks good to me. I'm more comfortable with out hair expecially on my legs. As for the pits, I agree with the hygenic logic being tossed around.

JoAnnDallas
12-05-2006, 10:20 AM
When I save my chest, legs, and arms then put on stockings, camo or slip and I feel them slid over my body, it brings so much pleasure feeling, it is hard to discribe. I don't get the same feeling when my body is hairy. LOL Also it makes me look more feminum