PDA

View Full Version : How did you pick your Femme Name

Amy Hepker
12-02-2006, 07:02 PM
Just wondering how yall picked your names??? Mine, I kinda picked up from the song Amy, don't ask me did it.:rolleyes: The last name I just came up with when I started on here. I did have another first name, but that was one my x gave me and I didn't like it. It sounded to much like a guys name.:eek:

serinalynn
12-02-2006, 07:08 PM
MY female name comes from my paternal grandmother whos middle name is Serina and I added Lynn to it, although I should have spelled Lynn as Lynne.

Marcie Sexton
12-02-2006, 07:10 PM
I did exactly what my gunny told me on the island, KISS...keep it simple stupid...and so I did...kept my initials, just changed the name...Marcie Renee Sexton< last name same>

Kate Simmons
12-02-2006, 07:15 PM
My femme names have gone through sort of an evolution over the years. I started out with Heather, then changed it to Victoria Susan when I came "out" in 2001. Last year, I changed it again to first of all Erica, then Ericha, then Ericka. Now I've settled into Ericka Kay. Victoria was okay but was kind of a prude. Ericka reflects my new people person outgoing nature. All of my names reflected the way I was feeling at the time. I came up with all of them which is no surprise, since I named all of my children.:happy: Ericka Kay

Paula G
12-02-2006, 07:28 PM
I just took a male name usually associated with my male name and feminized it. The "G" is for Graham, a last name I thought went well with Paula.

tanya3
12-02-2006, 07:33 PM
i like the name . it seems sexy some how . lets say tanya roberts . now she is sexy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tiffy
12-02-2006, 07:47 PM
I had picked April then my wife added marie after I came out to her. And last week she called me Tiffany without thinking. So it has stuck. Tiffy for short.

Tiffy

Natty_W
12-02-2006, 07:52 PM
I used to go by another name, but when I came out to the first of my friends I gave her the "honour" of naming me. She chose Natasha... it's not the femme of my male name, but it's close.

If I ever find the courage to go full time then I will probably take a different name. Although my wife is pretty much used to Tash.

michele_t39
12-02-2006, 07:53 PM
My female name is just the feminine of my male name. It just kinda fits me. Really was a no brainer for me. I did eliminate an l (elll) to be a bit different.

27th Jennifer
12-02-2006, 08:03 PM
I like the name Ana, plus, I like puns. And it rhymes.

melissaK
12-02-2006, 08:14 PM
melissa from Melissa Joan Hart of the "Clarissa Explaiins it all" TV show of a few years back. I'm a big know it all, it fits. ;-) Plus my male name begins with an m too so initials would be easily remembered by me. There's lots of melissas in the CD/TG/TS world so to tell myself apart, I tacked on a K as an homage to a favorite comic character "Kabuki" who struggles with missing memories and identity issues much as I do.

Lindsay Marie
12-02-2006, 08:23 PM
I got mine from the name of a girl I used to date. My mother said she chose the name Chelsea for me but I don't know how she'd of spelled it if I'd of been a girl. It's most likely that spelling but it could be Chelsey as well. I may let her change it if she wants but that is up to her.

bianncats
12-02-2006, 08:31 PM
I wanted brina so it would look like I missspelled my name but that was taken so I chose biannca.

mona lisa
12-02-2006, 08:31 PM
A friend of mine did. See this forum thread (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=648350#post648350) for details.

JoanneB
12-02-2006, 08:43 PM
While dressed up one day, my wife asked what name I would like if I were a real woman. I thought about it for a bit and just said "Joanne". She has called me that ever since.

Joanne

MJ
12-02-2006, 08:46 PM
OK this may sound odd but i got my names from cartoons spiderman's girlfriend ? MJ but i knew a girl Mary Jane and i did not like the name so i wanted to use MJ so i change it to Marissa and i have a good friend who was there for me from the begging Jennifer so i adopted her name and the boy who slept for a thousand years and woke up in the future " futurama " is fry ... so i became MJ fry girl / boy ... get it lol.. and it works for me and just before i was going to send off my legal name-change my family in england was up set big time that i was changing my last name.. i chose to keep my last name Cannon so i became Marissa Jennifer Cannon legal now :D

hugs MJ

Mistress_Thorny
12-02-2006, 08:57 PM
I named rosie... I chose it because it was the most femme name I could think of and then I took My name as a pun on his. For every rose must have it's thorns and I am his. *ss*

MT

Trina82
12-02-2006, 09:25 PM
Mine is a derivitive of my given male name, my mother's name (I just realized that - yikes!), and an ex-girlfriend's name.

Christine cd
12-02-2006, 09:28 PM
I've always loved the name Christine. It's not near my real male name. But I thought it was a beautiful feminine name.

Janelle d'Amour
12-02-2006, 09:38 PM
I didn't pick my name...it picked me! Janelle d'Amour just came to me one day years ago when I wasn't even thinking about it. I wrote it down, it "felt" right, and that was that.

geri-tg.
12-02-2006, 09:41 PM
It was esay for me.I went from Gerry to Geri.Is life not great.
LOLGeri

brandie
12-02-2006, 10:32 PM
just the name i like second best gave my doughter the one i realy liked

Chloe Jean
12-02-2006, 10:37 PM
I think Amelia is a very feminine name it suits my personality, Hope for for the girl i want to be.
Hugs Amelia

JenniferR771
12-02-2006, 10:45 PM
I was nervous, but...getting my first makeover at a makeover/photo place. (I claimed it was for Halloween). The makeup girl asked what name I was using, and I said I wanted to keep my intitial. She said i looked like a Jennifer--it stuck!
Great pictures--younger then--but i discarded them during a purge a couple years later. Sigh...

Angela E.
12-03-2006, 09:27 AM
I had tried other names before settling on Angela,but none of them seemed to fit quite right.I just thought it was a beautiful name and really expresses who I am.It`s not like my male name at all.:2c: Love-Angela:yrtw: :doll: :daydreaming: :daydreaming:

Heelsnlegs
12-03-2006, 09:32 AM
When I was growing up, every Jennifer I knew was classy and cute. Up to the time I began seriously dressing I never met a Jen I didn't like!! I still love the name.
Jen

Alaceann
12-03-2006, 09:58 AM
Mine is my daughters middle and my sisters middle name after a lot of pondering and the last name is a derivitive of my mothers maiden name.:happy:

Tina Dixon
12-03-2006, 10:10 AM
I just know for many years if I was a girl Tina was the name for me, middle name Phylis is my mothers name and Dixon is my last name I was born with but was changed because of adoption.

ronnie06
12-03-2006, 11:25 AM
I got mine, from a convo, about old rock music, and it was mentioned about The Archies, and what each character was about,...
I said some remark about veronica, and I was nick named--ronnie...
so my name..veronica is from, the group.

anyone else chiming in?

crossing-the-rain
12-03-2006, 11:38 AM
I love raining so I'm using " Rain" as my name ,it's not really a femme name,any good suggestion ?
Rain

Jenni B
12-03-2006, 12:21 PM
I just didn't have a clue what to call myself. Until the the helpful lady at the wig boutique had a novel idea, well your wig is called Jenni, so why not?:happy:

Sweet Jane
12-03-2006, 12:37 PM
I never really think of myself with a femme name... my login here was a spur of the moment thing..

"Standing on the corner
Suitcase in my hand
Jack is in his corset, Jane is in her vest
And me, I'm in a rock n roll band
Riding in a Stutz Bear Cat, Jim
You know those were different times
All the poets they studied rules of verse
And those ladies they rolled their eyes
Sweet Jane......"

I was just banging this song out on the guitar before I found this site...seemed to be an apt login, now I seem stuck with it I suppose...lucky I wasn't playing Elenor Rigby I suppose...

Crossdressedsylvia
12-03-2006, 12:55 PM
Sylvia comes from an exotic looking and very sexy girl that lived in my neighborhood growing up - Greek I think. Any way she was very sexy. My last name Lucci just goes with Sylvia and although I am not Italian I have somehow had close ties with Italian families all my life. So crossdressedsylvia is my screen name everywhere and Sylvia Lucci is my name when I am out (or in) with the gurls.

Crossdressedsylvia
12-03-2006, 12:57 PM
Rain is nice

Naomi
12-03-2006, 01:32 PM
Just wondering how yall picked your names??? Mine, I kinda picked up from the song Amy, don't ask me did it.:rolleyes: The last name I just came up with when I started on here. I did have another first name, but that was one my x gave me and I didn't like it. It sounded to much like a guys name.:eek:

hi Amy, i have a cousin called Naomi, cant say i really like her much as a kid, but i really like the name. So i made it my own.

Sweet Emily Raleigh
12-03-2006, 01:43 PM
I have met the sweetest GGs named Emily, and I am sweet soooooooooo... ;)

Raleigh goes well with Emily and is pretty. There ya go!

ColleenCD
12-03-2006, 02:55 PM
During the childhood days of 11 years old, I had a crush on a girl named Colleen. She was somewhat pretty, but also a good person. I couldn't verbalize it then, but instictively knew it. As with many things that stay with you, she would always have a small part of my heart. It's only fair I share her name.

Colleen

melissaabom
12-03-2006, 02:57 PM
I went out with a girl named Melissa ..and it just seemed right for me !!

Missy:2c:

crossing-the-rain
12-03-2006, 03:34 PM
Sylvia,thanks !
Rain

Sara Kat
12-03-2006, 03:41 PM
When I first started to really get into dressing I was in high school. There was a girl in my class that I really wanted to be like and her name was Sara. I started using that and it just stuck with me.

The 'Kat' part is really just a nickname that was added for this forum and a few others since 'Sara' was taken. I added that because at the time there was a girl at my college that my boy half liked and my girl half wanted to be like. Her nickname was Kat.

I like to use names of girls that have had some sort of positive influence in my life.

Cami_wi
12-03-2006, 03:51 PM
About 12 years ago I used the Screen Name " Camisole " soon ppl started Calling me Cami, I really liked it so I adopted that. When I was at DMV I went up to the counter and asked a quick question on what I had to do to Renew my Lic and Change the Name.The lady answered my question and I went back to the waiting area to wait for my Number to be called. The woman that answered my questions walked out from behind the counter walked right over to me and said " Come on Hon, I'll take care of you right now. WOW she butted me into her line ! I had Cami filled in. she looked at here screen and said my middle ( boy name ) didn't go good with it. She said Hun, you look like a Cami Dawn. So I kept it all. so I leagally Changed My Name. to Cami Dawn F. , Keeping my Last name and without Planning it my Initials all stayed the same. ( This still wasn't a big seller to Mom )

So That's My Story, and I'm Sticking With It :-)

The Same Woman saw me waiting another time, signaled me to come to her counter, she helped me again, by Butting me in line. Her name is Carol, we became friends. Just goes to show that Not ALL DVR ppl are IRS Transfers !

Glenda58
12-03-2006, 04:05 PM
My name came from my XGF she would call me Glenda when she was mad at me. What she didn't know was I liked it.

CarolineMi
12-03-2006, 04:23 PM
Hello Everone,

My name was chosen by my parents. I asked my mother what name had been chosen for me if I had been born female. And I took my name as it was given only several years later than I should have.

mskilmer
12-03-2006, 04:48 PM
I heard about this somewhere ... you take the name of your first dog as your first name, and the name of the street you lived on as a kid as your last name ... that gave me Ginger Newcombe. I love it!

Felica_ann_lendy
12-03-2006, 05:52 PM
my SO chose mine and it just stuck

Cheryl T
12-03-2006, 07:21 PM
Just wondering how yall picked your names??? Mine, I kinda picked up from the song Amy, don't ask me did it.:rolleyes:

It's by Pure Prairie League if I'm not mistaken.

I chose mine as homage to my first crush as a teen.

marie354
12-03-2006, 07:32 PM
I did exactly what my gunny told me on the island, KISS...keep it simple stupid...and so I did...kept my initials, just changed the name...Marcie Renee Sexton< last name same>

Same for me, Kept first 2 initials. I go by my middle name here

angelinamillar
12-03-2006, 07:43 PM
Thats an easy one, My girlfriends nick name is Angel and my mothers maiden name was Millar so Angelina Millar I am :p

Hugs,

Angelina

Margie
12-03-2006, 07:51 PM
Hi Amy, I picked a version of my mother's name. She'll always be an inspiration to me. She may have known I was wearing her clothes when I was real young but never once said anything to me. My wife shares that knowledge where I got the name now and understands fully.

sharon2
12-04-2006, 12:31 AM
sharon is a name i have always loved.it was also the name of my first
girlfriend.i also liked tanya and julie,so i put the names in a hat and out came
sharon.when my mother started dressing me she called me gloria,which i just
loved at the time.

Jammie Lyann
12-04-2006, 12:55 AM
I took my first an second name , mixed up the letters an wrote down an may name as I could come up with, an from there I got Ivy Dawn so I am missing 1 letter for my first name an 2 letters from my second. maybe someone can guess what my true name is. :tongueout

suchacutie
12-04-2006, 01:58 AM
my wife chose her new girlfriend's name from a list of names I liked

Michelle (Oz)
12-04-2006, 07:01 AM
I took my wife's middle name hopefully as a compliment to her. Sadly, Michelle seems to be like John in the male world so I add a location.

Michelle (Oz)

Amy Hepker
12-04-2006, 07:04 AM
DAVEY IRWIN, Am I close, Ivy Dawn????

MsCorrinne
12-04-2006, 07:13 AM
There was a woman I went to college with who was very exotic and sexy. We were lovers. She was a hottie. So, that's where Corrinne came from.

Diana West
12-04-2006, 07:47 AM
Janis is from Janis Joplin.

En_femme is a tribute to Amy_en_femme who inspired me to write my first story for Fictionmania.

scarlett
12-04-2006, 10:25 AM
A very goo friend (GG) gave me mine.

ERIKA1963
12-04-2006, 04:37 PM
I guess I'm like alot of the ladies I started out as Deanne and I liked it but I wasn't totally sold on it. One day I had gotten dressed with another cd and he said I looked more like a ERIKA and I agreed and I've been ERIKA ever since. ERIKA1963

Daizy Chains
12-04-2006, 04:41 PM
It came to me out of the blue while on tour in the U.S.A
Daizy

Lisa Golightly
12-04-2006, 04:45 PM
Lisa was to be my name if I was born female... Lisa Maria... actually. Golightly came from Breakfast at Tiffany's... Holly Golightly... We have a lot in common.