PDA

View Full Version : wedding dress/ prom dress

pantyman344
12-02-2006, 10:49 PM
what do you like better wedding dress or prom dress and why

bianncats
12-02-2006, 10:58 PM
either one is so feminine that it would be a privilege to wear either item. I would love to go in for a fitting to try on some of both. We have a David's Bridal here but alas i'm too shy.

bianncats

emmicd
12-02-2006, 11:53 PM
I like crossdressing but I feel Wedding dresses should only be worn by women/girls who are brides and not by guys. I feel the same about prom dresses. They should only be worn by girls at their prom.

I do however feel drawn to wearing the little black dress!

emmi

Felica_ann_lendy
12-03-2006, 12:16 AM
i would love to wear both i would be very happy to ever to be able to be in a wedding dress i feel it is the ultimate in fem attire:2c:

Charlotte
12-03-2006, 12:58 AM
As the other girls have suggested both are wonderful to wear, I find it hard to find a good fit in either. I love how its takes longer prepare and how feminine and glamorous you feel. Its a very close all to pick one or the other, I choose prom dress first, closely followed by a wedding gown.

Byllie
12-03-2006, 12:59 AM
I like crossdressing but I feel Wedding dresses should only be worn by women/girls who are brides and not by guys. I feel the same about prom dresses. They should only be worn by girls at their prom.
Interesting concept. Does this also mean that GGs should also not wedding gowns or prom dresses unless they are bride's or going to a prom?

Michelle2008
12-03-2006, 01:16 AM
either one is so feminine that it would be a privilege to wear either item. I would love to go in for a fitting to try on some of both. We have a David's Bridal here but alas i'm too shy.

bianncats

I would highly recommend contacting your local David's Bridal. I did and had a fun time at my bridal gown fitting. It was so amazing for me. My avatar pic is from that fitting. Good luck....

My opinion....if I had to choose. I would choose a bridal gown. A prom dress is very girly and feminine but a bridal gown with all the accesories is the height of femininity. When I get married...I'll be wearing an elegant bridal gown from David's Bridal with all the accessories...shoes, bra, slip, veil, tiara, purse, necklace, bracelet, full arm gloves...YAY!!!!!

Take Care,
Michelle

sharon2
12-03-2006, 01:20 AM
i recently went to a wedding dress hire shop,i had made an appointment
the owner was very helpful in helping me select the right size and style
also helping me to put it on,then once she completed it with the veil it
was the ultimate experience,but unfortunatly no makeup.i spent an hour in
the shop wearing it,in the meantime other ladies were coming in and out of
the shop and they weren't at all concerend.

Chloe Jean
12-03-2006, 04:46 AM
I prefer bridal gowns. They are so elegant and feminine. esp the full skirted ones that have a long train. All brides look lovely on their wedding day. I think it's the extra time and care a lady takes when she doing her makeup is one reason. The bridal veil also gives a woman that demure look and all men like. On the wedding day the bride is the star, the center of attention of all there.
Hugs
Amelia Hope:love:

Naomi
12-03-2006, 04:49 AM

Well i'd have to say prom dress but only because last night me and my daughter was looking at some online as she has a upcoming prom next year which she is really excited about

PatriciaCD
12-03-2006, 07:25 AM
i would say i prefer a prom dress because it can double as a evening gown, as to where the wedding dress should only be worn to the wedding.

Lawren
12-03-2006, 08:51 AM
I had a gorgeous prom gown once and loved it. I would like to find another similar to it but for now I would prefer a wedding gown. I have never tried one and can only dream of what it is like. Maybe the fact that I am getting married soon has something to do with it. :D Kerry and I are toying with the idea of a gown for me but the first priority is to get one for her. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Tammietoo
12-03-2006, 11:27 AM
I love formal gowns and prom dresses, but I have to say I agree that a wedding dress with all the accessories is pretty much the height of femininity, and would love to able to wear all the works, full petticoat, train, veil....ahhh.

Larissa
12-03-2006, 06:04 PM
I've worn both. But when prom time comes around each year I eagerly look forward to the new designs.

Prom dresses for me. :happy:

Lisa Marie
12-03-2006, 06:11 PM
I think I would love to wear both and have a handsome gentleman by my side to pose with picture with me!

Amy Hepker
12-03-2006, 06:45 PM
Either is fine as long as they are satin and a full long skirt. My GLady will not permit me to have a Wedding dress at this time.

Joanie
12-03-2006, 07:06 PM
To me, a wedding dress would be the ultimate feminine item to wear. I get excited thinking about it. I was tempted to try on my wife's when she was last out of town but didn't due to fit and for respect for what it represents in our lives and marriage of over 20 years. But a never worn, "neutral" dress in somewhere like David's Bridal---ahhhh, if I were in one, would I be able to leave it??? Those of you who were fitted a a bridal gown shop, I imagine you were expected to make a purchase, weren't you?

sue ellan
12-04-2006, 11:20 AM
I would highly recommend contacting your local David's Bridal. I did and had a fun time at my bridal gown fitting. It was so amazing for me. My avatar pic is from that fitting. Good luck....

My opinion....if I had to choose. I would choose a bridal gown. A prom dress is very girly and feminine but a bridal gown with all the accesories is the height of femininity. When I get married...I'll be wearing an elegant bridal gown from David's Bridal with all the accessories...shoes, bra, slip, veil, tiara, purse, necklace, bracelet, full arm gloves...YAY!!!!!:iagree:

Take Care,
Michelle

i had the best time at a david bridal shop. the sa's were very nice. made me feel like a girl. i would go every week to try on wedding dresses but that would not be fair, and i cant buy one right now
sue ellan

life is like a roll of tp. the closer to the end the faster it goes.

MsJanessa
12-04-2006, 04:24 PM

Prom---I've got a pale complexion and looked washed out in white

Tiffany Anne 9954
12-04-2006, 07:25 PM
I own 2 wedding gowns and thier the most favourite items in my wardrobe. I love all that fabric swishing and draggin behind me as i walk about. Getting a wedding gown has allways been my dream when i started dressing and thank goodness of a cd friend i knew that dream became a reality. I have the veil, petticoat and bouquet to finish off the look along with the necessary jewelry that i need to wear.
Wedding gowns have allways been my fashion interest for a long time now

hottieforyou
12-04-2006, 09:10 PM
i think a prom would be great i know i would like to wear one.

Kimkandy
12-04-2006, 09:43 PM
Prom---I've got a pale complexion and looked washed out in white

Well you could try dieing wedding dress black... I like prom dresses in bright primary colors like... http://www.promdressshop.com

Kim

:dom: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Staci
12-04-2006, 10:49 PM
Prom dress for me. I have a very pretty satin prom dress that was made to measure for me. It fits perfectly. Also has a bridal petticoat that goes underneath. Oh, it is a lilac color. I love it when I hear the zipper going up the back and I am surrounded by the gorgeous dress. I feel so feminine. Add matching high heel sandals and a pretty little purse, the diamond look ear rings and necklace and the outfit is complete. It is soooo much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:GE:

Karren H
12-04-2006, 10:50 PM
Wedding.....the feeling of a wedding dress on is just amazing.....

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/karrenhutton/album/576460762329873162

Karren

Bethanygirl
12-04-2006, 10:54 PM
I never got to attend a prom, but I still have my wedding dress, and I wear it for my wife every anniversary. I love it, but I need her help to button it up, it has 40 buttons in the back of the bodice! It is gorgeous, but I think maybe it is it's association with the best day of my life that makes me love it so...

Penny
12-04-2006, 10:58 PM
Wedding and proms are special days for a woman. They are days whereby everything is just so in order to make her look and feel pretty. That may be who we, as crossdressers hold those two dresses in such high reguard. At any rate, the wedding dress is the ultimate pretty.:2c:

:hugs:

Penny

Diana West
12-05-2006, 03:08 PM
Neither actually.

I'm a casual sort and I find neither appealing.

JoAnnDallas
12-05-2006, 03:26 PM
I would love to have a long formal gown with matching high heels and wear it to a fancy social event. It would be a halter type, so it would be backless, but I can use stick on forms or pads to fill out the strapless long line bra or all-in-one. With long gloves like they used to wear in the 50/60's. To feel the swish of the gown as I walk would be hevanly. I would need a new all natural hair wig so I can put it up in a nice fashion.

SatinSarah
12-05-2006, 03:31 PM
I love the idea of a prom dress / Ball gown. I have been to a couple of Balls in London with my wife recently and we spent all night admiring what I would like to wear. It doesn't help that my wife is gorgeous and has some great ball gowns. I have tried a couple on but she is a 10 and I am a 14/16. Our feet though are the same size so we share shoes!

I like this one.

http://www.promdressshop.com/images/Promdresses/P770lg.jpg

I have come round to the idea of a wedding dress. I tried a lovely bridesmaid dress a few times. I loved the silky feeling all over and the long train. You can't get any more feminie can you.

Sierra Evon
12-05-2006, 04:05 PM
I like the Prom dresses better myself, because of the many diverce, colors,
and because I never got to attend Prom....I have several Prom dress mags.
I would love to wear one and take a few pics tho......on my wish list....:happy:

lilfordranger44
12-05-2006, 05:52 PM
my other half an me love it wen we go out to dinner while im in my prom dress ive got guys checkin me out big time but its a gurls nite out

ellieparsons
12-05-2006, 08:56 PM
I choose wedding dress, i feel it would make me feel more femine then the prom dress would.